189 visa, work experience confusion, help please?!

AdamHb

Hi guys,

Hope one of you clued up people out there can answer my question for me as im starting to panic a bit. Applying for 189 visa electronic instrument trades worker 342313

I am just hitting the 60 points required as long as i have the points granted for having 5 years work experience. i hit the 5 year mark in the next 150 days.

The 5 years will be from the day my "pass" certificate was issued from City & Guilds. It was awarded in 2007, i have been travelling for a few years however all my experiences will add up to the 5 years within the last 10 years as required and all work has been proven by references, bank statements etc etc.

My worry is i have been seeing that people claim they are having 2/3 years taken off there experience by vatasses/case officer yet do not explain why, my thinking was as they are not qualified in there trade just skilled at it so vetasses/case officer takes these years off as training?

As i have qualified will they count my years work experience from my qualification or later?

Anyone had any issues with there work experience getting altered or cut down?

Any info would be amazing.

Thanks all!

Hi guys,

Hope one of you clued up people out there can answer my question for me as im starting to panic a bit. Applying for 189 visa electronic instrument trades worker 342313

I am just hitting the 60 points required as long as i have the points granted for having 5 years work experience. i hit the 5 year mark in the next 150 days.

The 5 years will be from the day my "pass" certificate was issued from City & Guilds. It was awarded in 2007, i have been travelling for a few years however all my experiences will add up to the 5 years within the last 10 years as required and all work has been proven by references, bank statements etc etc.

My worry is i have been seeing that people claim they are having 2/3 years taken off there experience by vatasses/case officer yet do not explain why, my thinking was as they are not qualified in there trade just skilled at it so vetasses/case officer takes these years off as training?

As i have qualified will they count my years work experience from my qualification or later?

Anyone had any issues with there work experience getting altered or cut down?

Any info would be amazing.

Thanks all!

Deeming dates usually apply to general skilled occupations.

You should be able to claim work experience form the date you became fully qualified in your trade and undertook full time work experience.

The assessing authority can be paid to offer an opinion about work experience points. These opinions are not binding on the DIBP, but are given weight.

Thanks for your reply, have settled my mind a lot but will just have to wait and see once I submit my application.

Another quick question if you do not mind, my work experience is very broken due to myself travelling in recent years. I have a few gaps for a year or so and brief employment for a few months however as I said all work experience can be verified and will add up to the 5 years out of the last 10 so that should not be a problem do you know?

Thanks again

Thanks for your reply, have settled my mind a lot but will just have to wait and see once I submit my application.

Another quick question if you do not mind, my work experience is very broken due to myself travelling in recent years. I have a few gaps for a year or so and brief employment for a few months however as I said all work experience can be verified and will add up to the 5 years out of the last 10 so that should not be a problem do you know?

Thanks again

In your circumstances, you would be well advised to pay the skills assessing authority for an opinion about your claimable work experience points.

If you over claim you will be refused a visa and you will lose your visa application fees.

It is not only a matter of having completed the required period of relevant work experience, but also having the evidence to satisfy the minister's delegate.

• 3 years later...

Hi Adam,

I see that you applied as a Fire and Security Engineer.  I am in the same field as you and am currently going through the skills assessment.  Also my work experience is similar to yours as I have been travelling a lot over the last few years.  I actually had to go back to 2009 in order to total up 6 years of employment history...some self-employed some employed.

Were you able to pass the assessment?  I am finding difficult to cover all of the ANZCO codes...because as an alarm engineer I don't tend to get to heavily into capacitors, transistors etc

What was your experience of the process?

Many Thanks

Paul