You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

bristolman

England v Australia Rugby Test.

What a fantastic result for England in Brisbane, not completely dominant but pretty much. Lots of points scored but England were the better team in the end. I did at one point think Australia might still be able to beat England in some sport but thankfully no. Great game.

Loving life in Gods Country. Woohoo, look at me. 

well played england, you are getting close to being a great team under jones.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Well done England!

My OH is a big rugby union fan as well as league.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away :smile:

Let's face it no game will come close to soccer in participation world wide. Countries will have their own little sports but soccer will always be No1.

Australia got a bit of a mauling last night against England I see 😱

• Thanks 1

The above post shows up in this thread but not in recent activity or my own profile................strange🤔

it's in chewing the fat -- posts here are often contentious and not advertised outwardly..

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Wa7 said:

Australia got a bit of a mauling last night against England I see 😱

Yes a mauling is one way to put it lol. Very one sided score wise but Australia just couldn't register (legal) tries. Michael Ceika and Michael Hooper both showed themselves to be spoilt kids the way they came across in after match interviews. Questioning referee decisions when it's all there on the video. 

• Like 2

A record win, 5 wins in a row against Australia, doesn't get much better 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, bristolman said:

Yes a mauling is one way to put it lol. Very one sided score wise but Australia just couldn't register (legal) tries. Michael Ceika and Michael Hooper both showed themselves to be spoilt kids the way they came across in after match interviews. Questioning referee decisions when it's all there on the video. 

Talk about whinging poms, Ceika is worse than any of us. Every match he's the same. 

Only down side for me was the England kick everything tactic, especially early on. The rolling mauls later in the match show how you can keep possession and do something with it.  When you kick, it almost always just gives possession to the other side. Why do that with a running side like the Wallabies?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, davlap said:

Talk about whinging poms, Ceika is worse than any of us. Every match he's the same. 

Only down side for me was the England kick everything tactic, especially early on. The rolling mauls later in the match show how you can keep possession and do something with it.  When you kick, it almost always just gives possession to the other side. Why do that with a running side like the Wallabies?

Whinging Aussies take some beating, he called England bullies and cheats. When Australia plays hard it is how the game should be played, when England do it they are bullies lol. Ceika is a moron and he showed his true colours during that game, his after match interview was brilliant to watch. 

To be fair it was a bit of a kicking game on both sides because of the weather unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Womens rugby league world cup...

Australia 38 England 0

Cheers, Bobj.

• Haha 3

Just now, Parley said:

And the Aussie women won the Ashes @Bobj

Was going to mention that, but one, or two 'purists' might be offended that the thread is about rugby...:D

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sour grapes from the losing team. Graciousness not a strong character trait, I see.....

26 minutes ago, ssiri said:

Sour grapes from the losing team. Graciousness not a strong character trait, I see.....

Bit like the way you carry on about Trump.

I want it all, and I want it now.

Bit like the way you carry on about Trump.

There is no way to be gracious about Trump, that would be too charitable. Sports is a completely different kettle of fish - tarnishing sport, by association with Trump - most disingenuous

2 hours ago, ssiri said:

There is no way to be gracious about Trump, that would be too charitable. Sports is a completely different kettle of fish - tarnishing sport, by association with Trump - most disingenuous emoji848.png

If you two want to carry on the usual bickering, pm each other, rather than hikack a post and take it totally off topic

23 hours ago, ssiri said:

Exactly. 

• Haha 1

On 21/11/2017 at 20:27, Parley said:

And the Aussie women won the Ashes @Bobj

yep your women can beat the English women.....pity you men cant beat the English men..xD.....oppps sorry parly, forgot you were English.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Even the Cook Islands beat England in the women's rugby league...

Stunned silence from the pommie crowd...xD

Cheers, Bobj.

In this thread we are only allowed to discuss an England v Australia Rugby Union test match played in 2016.

Please stick to the topic.

I want it all, and I want it now.

37 minutes ago, Parley said:

In this thread we are only allowed to discuss an England v Australia Rugby Union test match played in 2016.

Please stick to the topic.

xD no comment!

Even the Cook Islands beat England in the women's rugby league...

Stunned silence from the pommie crowd...
Cheers, Bobj.

We are more Union than league mad. Hence the silence. Didn't even know there was a League World Cup till I came to Oz. League is a northern thing, and dead boring !
  • Like 1