Anyone going it alone?

Guest maladicta

Guest maladicta

Hi all!

I posted on here a few weeks ago when my OH and I first talked about going to Oz.

We haven't been getting on all that well recently, and he's really dragging his heels about getting things started for the visa.

I'm going to get started on my skills assessment anyway, to get things moving. However, if it comes down to it, I may have to do this on my own!

Has anyone else done this in their own? It's a scary thought, but I've wanted to do this for SO long (got the forms for the WH visa a few years ago and OH got cold feet so we never sent them)!!

Any advice (not marital I mean! About applying on your own) gratefully accepted :)

Guest kazzy01

Hi

All I can say is go for it!

I thought about getting a WHV about 5 years ago for Oz, but decided to use my redundancy money to buy a house instead of using it to go travelling.

I visited AUstralia for the first time last year and loved it out there, but am too old now to apply for the WHV. Luckily, with my job, I can apply for emigration, which is what I have done.

I am still not 100% sure that I want to live in Oz for the rest of my life, but at least by applying and going out there, I have the option.

So I'd say apply and keep your options open, you don't want to look back in 30 years time thinking "what if"!

Karen

Guest bshootz

:) Hiya, ive recently sent off my skilled assessment and it was really easy to do, the longest bit was getting all the info together :!: :shock: If you have time then do it yourself,save yourself a bit of dosh too all comes in handy and can be spent on other things :!: Good luck with it all Beckyx.

Guest jacks22

Hi All

Just had our meds done they should have gone off last week. We waited for our case officer to request them so we had a file number to put on.

Application sent March acknowledged 28th April case officer allocated by email 8th Oct. and meds PC's requested. Adelaide requests this info. to be with them by 19th Dec. so hopefully will hear soon! The hardest bit was filling the forms exactly right attempted 3 times to be sure there were no mistakes. Got all necessary documents photocopied and signed by a solicitor for £1 each copy. Didn't get police checks copied - wish I had as it might be helpful when applying for jobs. Just got house on market pleasantly surprised on the price given. Still haven't told everyone yet, feeling really excited but apprehensive. Good luck to all just starting out.

Jacks

Archived