Is Brighton Commutable to Brisbane City Center?

Guest BigDanny

Guest BigDanny

Hey all,

We have been searching for some time to find the perfect place for us to settle, and have found the perfect house for us (it has a Granny Flat!) but have some concern about how far out Brighton is.

My wife and I would most likely both have jobs within the technical and recruitment industries respectively and would most likely have to commute into the City Center (is that where the technical/commercial are is?).

Would it be doable whilst still keeping time to play with the kids of an evening, to commute every day to work? Is there a direct public transport link anywhere near by or should we be looking at going by car? If so, how long is the rough commute?

Also, if you know a bit about Brighton, it would be great if you could tell me a bit more about the area.

Do they have good schools? (We have a 6 and a 3 year old)

Family friendly town?

A few decent pubs and resteraunts?

Low or high crime rate?

Any "no-go" areas?

I would really appreciate as much info as possible as this could be the biggest decision of our lives :D

Thanks in advance

Danny N Caroline

Just noticed we stopped at Sandgate the first 5 days in

Oz in a rental accom, which is close to Brighton, the area seemed nice to us but a bit old as houses were all queenslanders and wooden. We are in Birkdale in the Redlands and seem to have settled.

Guest BigDanny

Thanks Smithies!! I knew it was 27km into CBD (just figured out that means City Business District, Doh! lol). I suppose what I need to know is if there is a bus from Brighton into CBD or train, or would it be a park and ride type system to somewhere closer in? I found this site for anyone else that needs the same info.

PDF Timetables

Anyone living in Brighton who can tell me more about the local community it would be a great help.

Thanks again guys

Danny N Caroline

There is a train from Sandgate (which is next to Brighton) that takes you into the city, runs more regularly at peak times, and Sandgate station also has a free commuter car park. Prices are pretty reasonable also. If you look on the translink website you will get ideas of times, how long it takes and prices. Hope this helps.

Elena

Archived