ANMAC and APRHA

Louhods

Hi All.

UK midwife here. Wanting a skilled visa ASAP!

still cannot seem to find out if I can do English test, ANMAC skills assessment then EOI or if I need to be APRHA registered before I do this??

Im happy to register once I have a visa if this is possible. So I suppose I'm asking can I apply for skilled visa without being APRHA registered?? English test booked :-) hoping to do some traveling on the way so was hoping wouldn't matter if the APRHA Reg took a bit longer. Please help.

You need the skills assessment before you do an EOI and if you are claiming points for the English test or require the English test for your skills assessment then you need to do this before the EOI as well.

You don't need to gain registration before the visa.

You need the skills assessment before you do an EOI and if you are claiming points for the English test or require the English test for your skills assessment then you need to do this before the EOI as well.

You don't need to gain registration before the visa.

Thank you yes I realise you need English test and ANMAC before EOI it was the APHRA bit I wasn't sure about. So I can sort APRHA after as you just need that to get a job I presume!

You don't have to do AHPRA first but they can be hit and miss on how long it takes to hear back...some seem to hear quickly, others wait for a long time. My advice would be to apply to AHPRA early on as if there are any problems or delays with the registration you won't be able to work.

Many do it in tandem with the visa, but it is up to you and how quickly after grant you think you will make the move and need to start working. If you want to do it quickly, then I would do it in tandem as it can take a fair while. It has improved from last year when it was taking a year or more, but still assume several months.

Hi All.

UK midwife here. Wanting a skilled visa ASAP!

still cannot seem to find out if I can do English test, ANMAC skills assessment then EOI or if I need to be APRHA registered before I do this??

Im happy to register once I have a visa if this is possible. So I suppose I'm asking can I apply for skilled visa without being APRHA registered?? English test booked :-) hoping to do some traveling on the way so was hoping wouldn't matter if the APRHA Reg took a bit longer. Please help.

Also remember you need to be degree qualified to get registration , also as part of the process to register as a midwife you have to evidence a number of continuity of care episodes which many UK midwives struggle to achieve (search previous threads on this)

good luck

Also remember you need to be degree qualified to get registration , also as part of the process to register as a midwife you have to evidence a number of continuity of care episodes which many UK midwives struggle to achieve (search previous threads on this)

good luck

Thanks all. I do have a degree. I have also done continuity of care in my degree recently so fingers crossed. The AHPRA form looks very complicated ?

Hi, good luck with it all Louhods! I am waiting for my AHPRA registration any day now - checking my emails is the first thing I do in the morning! Like others have said you can do it at the same time or after. I wish I had done mine earlier but I wrongly thought I would be paying registration for the time I was still in the UK - I didn't realise it doesn't take effect until I arrive!

My uni degree did have continuity of cares too but I will be registered with conditions as most UK midwives are. Unless you have evidence of 10 continuity of cares and delivered at least 5 I believe. The website is confusing but it does get a bit easier to navigate the more you read it!

Whereabouts are you looking at going?

We are looking at Brisbane. Was looking at Adelaide but there didn't seem

to be as many jobs? So it doesn't seem to of taken long from ANMAC to visa?? So I have booked IELTS then going to do ANMAC and AHPRA at the same time. can't wait we are all so excited just want to go! No I don't have the 5 births bit. :-/ can you work in something else whilst you wait for registration do you know? :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've recently started my registration and visa journey. My ANMAC docs have been received but the NMC overseas certificate is taking ages to be processed and sent on to ANMAC & AHPRA. Does anyone have a timeline of how long NMC usually take?

many thanks,

Tom

Guest Priscilla101
Hi all,

I've recently started my registration and visa journey. My ANMAC docs have been received but the NMC overseas certificate is taking ages to be processed and sent on to ANMAC & AHPRA. Does anyone have a timeline of how long NMC usually take?

many thanks,

Tom

Nmc standards say 10 day turnaround. After waiting 39 and cheque being processed on day 2. I called and shouted at some woman. As it was "on her desk and would be done by end of the week" I called back and it wasn't. I've put in a complaint which the standards say 20 days. It's now 30. They are useless as always, but will take your cash. Call them and take someone's name and number and hound them till its done

I am in the same boat too with NMC. I requested the info online on 10th April, received the application pack 13 days later, sent this off immediately, NMC cashed my cheque on 30th April and nothing has still been sent. I phoned last Friday, spoke to the Verification team and like you Priscilla was told it was on her desk and would be sent this week....not so sure now!

Guest Priscilla101
I am in the same boat too with NMC. I requested the info online on 10th April, received the application pack 13 days later, sent this off immediately, NMC cashed my cheque on 30th April and nothing has still been sent. I phoned last Friday, spoke to the Verification team and like you Priscilla was told it was on her desk and would be sent this week....not so sure now!

Fridsy morning call them. Take a name and direct number. Call them back after an agreed time. We shouldn't have to do this for a paid service however the nmc have more than proved their incompetence in this any many other areas

Fridsy morning call them. Take a name and direct number. Call them back after an agreed time. We shouldn't have to do this for a paid service however the nmc have more than proved their incompetence in this any many other areas

I have just phoned the NMC and mine was apparently completed yesterday however can now take up to 3 weeks to get there. Any luck on yours?

Guest Priscilla101

I have provisional registration. But another forum on here the nurses state that to pick it up at AHPRA office takes 2 weeks to collect. And you need the nmc thing within 3 months (so may need it sent again) and the fit2work in 3 months which means doing that again. Very frustrating

Archived