Bingo123

ACCA member,MBA, CPA skill assessment

Hi,

I know these questions have been asked multiple times, but please help me out anyway :)

I'm a fully qualified ACCA member with 3 years of PQE, BSc. Hons from Oxford Brookes University and I also hold an MBA in Finance from University of Wales. I'm going for a skills assessment with CPAA. So my questions are:

1. Considering the new requirements of Economics and Quantitative methods, an assessment for General Accountant should not be affected since I'm a fully qualified member, right?

2. The CPAA website asked for scanned copies of original documents to be attached with the online application, do these original documents need to be attested or certified?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

I know these questions have been asked multiple times, but please help me out anyway :)

I'm a fully qualified ACCA member with 3 years of PQE, BSc. Hons from Oxford Brookes University and I also hold an MBA in Finance from University of Wales. I'm going for a skills assessment with CPAA. So my questions are:

1. Considering the new requirements of Economics and Quantitative methods, an assessment for General Accountant should not be affected since I'm a fully qualified member, right?

2. The CPAA website asked for scanned copies of original documents to be attached with the online application, do these original documents need to be attested or certified?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Bingo

If I were you I would call them and get exactly from them exactly what they want... all being well, you will get someones name and email who will directly deal with your application... This was there is no mistakes and you should move through the process as quickly as possible...

I had to call CPA when I was applying (long story) and I was lucky enough that one of the CPA team really helped me out... I could email all the documentation directly to her and she walked it through the process...

Good luck

(ANSCO 221112 MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT); CPA Skills Assessment submitted 10th May - Positive Skills assessment 19/05/2015 - CPA Australia; Pearson PTE Academic (10/07/15 R90; W89; S90; L90); EOI updated 11/07/2015 (70 points); Invitation received 03/08/2015; Visa lodged 04/08/2015; docs all front loaded... Visa grant 23 September 2015 :wink:

I used my degree and not my CIMA qualification for the skills assessment, so can't help on if you will tick all the boxes.

As to uploads, I got a colleague who is CIMA qualified to certify all my uploads, it states on the CPA website what they have to write on each document.

ANZSCO 221112 Management Accountant; Skills Assessment (CPA) submitted 14/07/15; Skills Assessment (CPA) Positive 11/08/15; PTE-A 12/09/15 (L90; S90; R90; W86); EOI 13/09/2015 (70 points); Invitation received 04/12/15; Visa lodged 07/12/15 (PCC and Medical preloaded); Visa grant 14/12/15 (Direct grant); Arrived in Sydney Australia 09/12/2016

Hi, I just uploaded colour copies to the CPA and it was fine, no problems. I think they only need to be certified if you are posting them although it cant hurt to get them done I guess (if its easy for you to find someone).

ANZSCO code 221112 - Management Accountant

IELTS Academic - Overall 8.5 19th Mar 16, Positive Skills Assessment CPA 26th Apr

EOI Submitted for 189 - 60 points & 190 - 65 points (NSW) 26th Apr

I had to send syllabus details and my ACCA full membership was enough to pass the new requirements. Although the modules within ACCA change occasionally I am sure you will have covered all required areas if your study was fairly recent.

Age - 35 (25 Pts) | PTE 90 90 90 90 (20 Pts) | CPA External Auditor 221213 (15 Pts)

EOI 190 NSW 08.09.15 | Invite 13.11.15 | Nomination 02.12.15 | Lodged 20.01.16 | CO (form 80) 15.02.16 | Grant 03.03.16 | Flight 29.12.16

A full ACCA member is going to have no trouble passing a skills assessment with any of the assessing bodies.

A full ACCA member is going to have no trouble passing a skills assessment with any of the assessing bodies.

I hope so. Reading this thread is making me think what to be done. I wanted to apply for Australia immigration in Accountant General category but immigration agents in my country kept telling me that ACCA alone would never give me a positive skills assessment.

I am just wondering if we have anyone here who used just their ACCA membership and received positive assessment.

I am just wondering if we have anyone here who used just their ACCA membership and received positive assessment.

Not really able to help BUT if you got to this site it seems someone could even get MR for their ACCA with CPA Australia.

Edited by littlegreenman

From 175 application to citizen in just under 5 years.

I had to send syllabus details and my ACCA full membership was enough to pass the new requirements. Although the modules within ACCA change occasionally I am sure you will have covered all required areas if your study was fairly recent.

Passing the skills assessment means we are given a score against our acca degree? Like 10 points or 15 points? Or is it just given that you pass the skill assessment?

Passing the skills assessment means we are given a score against our acca degree? Like 10 points or 15 points? Or is it just given that you pass the skill assessment?

The minimum requirement of education for these categories is 'Equivalent to Australian Bachelors degree'. If you pass assessment, you will be awarded Bachelors levels points as a minimum.

And is it possible if you guys can share with me the syllabus of Acca that you you have sent to the assessing authorities?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Not really able to help BUT if you got to this site it seems someone could even get MR for their ACCA with CPA Australia.

thanks! that is surely interesting.