Australian Physio Council - Equivalence of Qualification pathway (for skills assessment)

Hi,

My partner and I are considering moving to Perth/surrounding areas over the next 18 - 24 months.

I understand there are 2 pathways to the skills assessment with the Australian Physiotherapy Council (APC):

1. Standard pathway - full eligibility assessment (UK), written exam (UK), and practical exam (in Australia). Cost circa 7000 AUD. Can take up to 2 years; or

2. Equivalence of Qualification pathway - can be as quick as 6 weeks; costs circa 2200 AUD.

Number 2 is the more attractive option, however, my partner's qualification is not listed on the APC's list of equivalent qualifications (she graduated in 1999 and has 15+ years experience as a physio in both the NHS and private sector).

There is an option to request that her qualification is assessed, subject to provision of documentation from her University:

• Official statement of entry requirements and course length
  • Official statement naming the accreditation authority for my course
  • Official statement of requirements for course completion and qualifications of course head or leader
  • Program Schedule/Course Map
  • Completed Australian Standards template (please see enclosed attachment)
  • Subject/unit descriptions for all subjects/units in program
  • Document outlining clinical education program/model
  • Document detailing infrastructure and resources available
  • Quality systems and review procedures document
  • Graduation certificate .
  • Official results transcripts

Does anyone have experience of going down this route (which I believe is a relatively new option with the APC) and if so, are there any major potential hitches with the equivalence pathway?

Thanks in advance.

template-australian-standards-for-physiotherapy.docx

• 3 months later...
Guest Unregistered

I am currently going through the process at the moment. I sent all documents around 8 weeks ago and have been advised it could take a further 8 weeks as documents are assessed for completeness prior to the assessment time frame provided. I am currently in Australia awaiting my documents but would advise anyone to begin the process at least 6 months prior to entering Australia.

• 3 years later...
On 11/05/2016 at 21:18, Jimmy Mook said:

On 12/09/2016 at 11:56, Guest Unregistered said:

I am currently going through the process at the moment. I sent all documents around 8 weeks ago and have been advised it culd take a further 8 weeks as documents are assessed for completeness prior to the assessment time frame provided. I am currently in Australia awaiting my documents but would advise anyon to begin the process at least 6 months prior to entering Australia.

Hi, may I know if you were able to qualify for the equivalence pathway? I am planning to do the same thing but I am uncertain if my university would be able to justify the criteria for the equivalnce pathway. Thank u!

• 9 months later...
On 11/05/2016 at 21:18, Jimmy Mook said:

Hi,

My partner and I are considering moving to Perth/surrounding areas over the next 18 - 24 months.

I understand there are 2 pathways to the skills assessment with the Australian Physiotherapy Council (APC):

1. Standard pathway - full eligibility assessment (UK), written exam (UK), and practical exam (in Australia). Cost circa 7000 AUD. Can take up to 2 years; or

2. Equivalence of Qualification pathway - can be as quick as 6 weeks; costs circa 2200 AUD.

Number 2 is the more attractive option, however, my partner's qualification is not listed on the APC's list of equivalent qualifications (she graduated in 1999 and has 15+ years experience as a physio in both the NHS and private sector).

There is an option to request that her qualification is assessed, subject to provision of documentation from her University:

• Official statement of entry requirements and course length
  • Official statement naming the accreditation authority for my course
  • Official statement of requirements for course completion and qualifications of course head or leader
  • Program Schedule/Course Map
  • Completed Australian Standards template (please see enclosed attachment)
  • Subject/unit descriptions for all subjects/units in program
  • Document outlining clinical education program/model
  • Document detailing infrastructure and resources available
  • Quality systems and review procedures document
  • Graduation certificate .
  • Official results transcripts

Does anyone have experience of going down this route (which I believe is a relatively new option with the APC) and if so, are there any major potential hitches with the equivalence pathway?

Thanks in advance.

Sir can you provide me further information because i am planning to do this