Taking Money with you

Ronny

Hello,

currently looking at getting money exchanged to AUD as the exchange rates are quite good at the moment.

What should I do with my money I'll be looking at exchanging £10,000 should I put it on a travel card then transfer it when I get an Australia bank account when I get over there ?

what has everyone else done in the past?

any help will be much appreciated thank you very much

You can open a bank account on line prior to arrival. This way you can exchange funds when the rate is in your favour.

There is a maximum amount you can bring on your person in cash so check your not over the limit if you decide to bring it with you.

Cal x

I'd not travel with large amounts of cash anywhere.

As has been said, open an Aus bank account from the UK before you depart. Then simply transfer it over when you are ready.

You can open a bank account on line prior to arrival. This way you can exchange funds when the rate is in your favour.

There is a maximum amount you can bring on your person in cash so check your not over the limit if you decide to bring it with you.

Cal x

There's no limit, you just have to declare amounts over $10k

Using a travel exchange company such as Moneycorp will give you a far better rate on the day than any bank and you can avoid charges altogether.

Bear in mind though if you open an account in advance of travel then you cannot easily access your money until you have a bank card. NAB messed this up for us and our card was not at our branch when we arrived as promised and we ended up waiting a couple of weeks for it to be sent out again. So make sure you have cash or a UK bank or credit card like we did to tide you over should such an issue occur to you.