You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest missy44*123

sponcership for hairdresser in melborne!!

Guest missy44*123

hi i am new to this site and i am wondering if anyone can help me. i am looking to move to melborne as soon as i can get some money together as some friends live there and my brother and wife have just moved there too.i am 23 year old female and a trainee hairdresser but will be qualifeild in augest 08. the thing is i know i can get a working visa but i need to be able to work more than six months in a place as i want to stay there as i am bringin my 2 little yorkie dogs with me and my brother cant sponcer me untill he has been there for 2 years i think coz then he becomes a citizen so i was thinking sponcership would be the best bet so if anyone has any advice or anythin that would be great thanks xxxx:jiggy:

Hi just wanted to say Hi and welcome to PIO, I have a state sponsorship from Victoria to do hairdressing but i have been doing it for 20 odd years now. I had to send all my certificates off and have lots of stat decs signed by clients etc to prove i was competent. I really don't know how it works for sponsorship but i should imagine you need to be qualified. I know i had to prove that i was working 20 hours a week doing hairdressing for a two year period. I'm sure someone will jump in if i am wrong or they can offer more information.

Good luck

Tania X

Is looking forward to the future and all what it holds:biggrin:

Guest missy44*123

thanks for the reply you are so lucky being over there well if you here of any sponcerships in melborne can you let me know as i will be qualifiled in 2 months anyway thanks xx

Hi not over there yet, we are still waiting for our 176 visa which was submitted on the 24th March 08. I have a friend in Melbourne so i will speak to her, best of luck

Tania X

Is looking forward to the future and all what it holds:biggrin:

Guest its getting better
hi i am new to this site and i am wondering if anyone can help me. i am looking to move to melborne as soon as i can get some money together as some friends live there and my brother and wife have just moved there too.i am 23 year old female and a trainee hairdresser but will be qualifeild in augest 08. the thing is i know i can get a working visa but i need to be able to work more than six months in a place as i want to stay there as i am bringin my 2 little yorkie dogs with me and my brother cant sponcer me untill he has been there for 2 years i think coz then he becomes a citizen so i was thinking sponcership would be the best bet so if anyone has any advice or anythin that would be great thanks xxxx:jiggy:

:spinny:Hi missy

im just about to start a hairdressing night course in college from september,im 31 and my husband is 39 we both want to go to oz as we have family in perth.im just wondering how long it has took you to become qualified as ive read on these forums it will take me 6 years before i can even apply is that right.

Anyone who can point me in the right direction please do so xx :wacko:

Guest missy44*123

hi

i am 23 and i decided to do a fast track course as being 23 no salon will employ you just to wash hair untill you qualifiy as they can pay a 16 to do that for less money. the fast track courses are very expensive but they are worth it, as not only do you qualifiy in 4 to 6 months but they train you more than you would just get at college and then you would be able to get a job in one of the top salons instead of just working at the local salon. the only reason i could afford it was i was due to get married this year which my mum was going to pay for but we broke up and my mum said she would rather put the money up for my career than just one day. but even if you do train at college for 2 years you dont have to wait 6 years to go to oz as i presume you are talking about permant visas you can go on a working visa and then after a year apply for a futher 12 months then you can apply for permant visa while you are there. it might be a bit of an ass ache but at least you get to oz quicker i think i might be doing the same and i am takin to dogs with me.

good luck if you need anymore advise on courses let me know xxx