Guest buderim555

Spouse Visa Timescales

Guest buderim555

I'm an Aussie - our 4.5 yr old is an Aussie, but Husband is from UK.

Have lodged Spouse Visa Applic with EVERYTHING (Police, Meds, Stat Decs, etc), here in UK.

Does anyone have any idea how long till we get the Yes.

We've been acknowledged and told nothing further required at this stage.

What are the processing times? Are there any backlogs?

I want to book flight next week for Sept. Is this foolhardy?

What do we all think?

Guest moonraker1961

Hi there,I'm in exactly the same boat as you and received and email today from immi in Oz.The current time it takes is 12 weeks from the time of lodging.When I originally rang immi they advised me to lodge the application,then if they ok it,they then advise your partner to obtain the medical/police clearance?Have I been advised wrongly then?The email I got today also advised not to buy tickets,sell the house or whatever until you have the visa!Good Luck,we're hoping to go this September xx

Guest buderim555

I'd been told that if a 'complete' application was submitted it was usually granted a lot quicker than an uncomplete one.

I don't know how true that is - so I guess we''ll have to wait and see.

Does anyone else know about this?????

I think on average it can take about 6 weeks providing everything is straightforward, mine took a bit longer because I had to have something investigated on my medical.

Wendy

Guest gemmahey

Shouldn't take any longer than 12 weeks, yours will probably come quicker as u've frontloaded , mine was messed up and still came in 12 weeks. September i am sure will be fine to go

Good luck XX:wubclub:

Guest buderim555

Thx. It's SO frustrating just having to wait and being at the mercy of someone else.

I so want to book the flight - it's killing me!!!!!

Guest gemmahey
Thx. It's SO frustrating just having to wait and being at the mercy of someone else.

I so want to book the flight - it's killing me!!!!!

God I know that feeling all too well believe me, But honestly the feeling when you get that email saying 'I am please to tell you..............'

The wait is sooooooo worth it I PROMISE

When you have gone through all the:

• Collecting evidence

• certifying EVERY THING

• Stat Dec's

ETC ETC.........

The relief is just unbelievable hang on in there XX:wubclub:

My de-facto spouse visa has recently been granted. The whole process took 4 weeks and i did NOT send meds/xray/police report with the application. The application was acknowledged within a couple of days and it was at this time they requested my meds etc and said they wanted to recieve them within 28 days of that letter. Basically as soon as they recieved my meds they granted the visa. I am not married and don't have children - my partner has dual nationality but has only ever lived in uk.

I'm sure as you are applying for spouse visa and have a child your visa should be as quick as mine - fingers crossed for you.

c

x

application sent 14/04/08, payment taken 16/04/08, CO assigned 21/04/08, police & meds requested 21/04/08, police cert sent 06/05/08, meds sent 15/05/08, **VISA GRANTED 21/05/08**

Guest amazingnewlifeahead

Hi Cookiecrew

I am sooo pleased to read your message, I am applying for a prospective spouse visa, my partner is dual uk/oz as well and although has spent quite a lot of his time in oz has been back over in uk for last 3 yrs and only went back to oz last week!!!

I desperately want to get out there in september but can't lodge my application until middle of june as awaiting stat doc from my daughters father...although he assures me it is enroute.

I have now sent off for my police clearence and booked in for xrays and meds on 23rd of the month, so having read ur thread I am more hopeful that we still may all be in oz by sept.

I am struggling to find other prospective subclass 300s out there....anyone???? - loads of spouse and skilled but not many of me???

Thanks

K

Guest buderim555

GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Permanent Migrant Visa granted today!!!!!!

02 May = Hand delivered front loaded application

19 May = AHC inform me that AFP Police Check is missing!

02 June = AHC receive AFP Police Check

06 June = Grant Permanent Migrant Visa

05 Sept = Hope to land at Brisbane Airport!!!!!!!

Guest Paul n Ness

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR VISA !!:jiggy:You must be absolutely thrilled - notice you didnt waste any time getting that flight booked!! Good on ya!:biglaugh: Enjoy your celebrations cos you have got the weekend to recover!

We are 11 weeks in now and still waiting! Had contact with c/o 3 days after lodging and thought great will soon have the golden ticket - but NO. :arghh:

Fingers crossed we will be following real soon.

Guest mandy1970

hi

We sent of hubbys spouse visa (front loaded) 6 weeks ago. He got an email from co after 2 weeks asking for extra info so that they could grant him permanent instead of temp.

We are still waiting and hope to be away by Oct or before but still have our house to sell.

Fingers crossed

Mandy

Guest Igor
I am struggling to find other prospective subclass 300s out there....anyone???? - loads of spouse and skilled but not many of me???

Me too I think. I've started a new thread rather than hijack this one. Link here