Skills assessment help please

Big girl

Hi

I need to complete a skills assessment for the 189 visa application,

child care centre manager, which is on the SOL, website states states that TRA is the assessment authority. I have spent hours reading through their website and cannot see any assessment for child care centre manager on any list, argh!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Priscilla101

@Pricilla101, I thought "Manager" and "Director" refers to the same job, no?

(need to spell my name right for the @ thing to work)

For manager / director I guess it semantics. I manage staff. I direct a play. But Australia seems to use director instead of manager. (Theatrical approach as opposed to actually managing? Or am I just facetious ?)

(need to spell my name right for the @ thing to work)

For manager / director I guess it semantics. I manage staff. I direct a play. But Australia seems to use director instead of manager. (Theatrical approach as opposed to actually managing? Or am I just facetious ?)

Oops! My bad on the spelling :(

Agree on the terms used :) So we are getting our skills assessed as Childcare Centre Manager to work as Centre Director? Hope I am making sense (LOL!)

Guest Priscilla101

I think so. But it's not my area. If childcare manager is not on the csol then director might be. Past that I field out to the masses for advice

Actually applting for jobs is tricky. The job I do now is labeled in Oz as my managers superior's title. But with my job spec. Things are just different.

I think so. But it's not my area. If childcare manager is not on the csol then director might be. Past that I field out to the masses for advice

Actually applting for jobs is tricky. The job I do now is labeled in Oz as my managers superior's title. But with my job spec. Things are just different.

Ahh... Thanks for that info! will come handy one day I guess :)

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am also preparing to apply for my skills assessment for Child care centre manager. I hope you don't mind me asking how you are getting on? Also for Part 8 of the application - description of your work, how much detail are you putting in? I have written 3 A4 pages but no idea if this is too much/little!? My qualification is as a primary teacher but I have worked as an Early Years leader for the past 3 years so I am hoping this will be enough?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks

Hi,

my part 8 was 1 side of A4, hope that was enough, lots of certificates CPD sent as support doc.

Sent off and have got an email to say that they had received it on 1st June, so waiting now, could be up to 60 working days, argh....

i also am a primary trained teacher but as that job is no longer on SOL, had to rethink. I have been head of Early years for past nine years, I was just worried because my degree was not EY, but as said have sent off now have to wait.

Thanks for your reply :)

Good luck!!! Hopefully you will be ok with 9 years experience. Please let me know how you get on! I thought the same thing with Primary not on SOL, also prefer Early years too!

Maybe I have too much detail then :/ I will check over it again I don't want to bore them haha.

Shell x

• 2 months later...

Hi ladies,

just wondering ing how you are getting on with the skilled assessments? I am due to start mine now! I've had ACEQCA approve my qualification as I was considering sponsorship but I think I'd like the freedom of a 189. Did you come across any struggles with the assessment? Did either of you have declarations from all previous employers? I have over 10 years exp and tbh there will be no way I'll get declarations from some companies (you know how it is, some employers are not happy you left!!)

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

i hope it all went well for you both

Hi ladies,

just wondering ing how you are getting on with the skilled assessments? I am due to start mine now! I've had ACEQCA approve my qualification as I was considering sponsorship but I think I'd like the freedom of a 189. Did you come across any struggles with the assessment? Did either of you have declarations from all previous employers? I have over 10 years exp and tbh there will be no way I'll get declarations from some companies (you know how it is, some employers are not happy you left!!)

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

i hope it all went well for you both

Hi my skills assessment came through early August as it did take the full 60 working days.

I did struggle with declarations from previous employers who did not seem to have me on their records?...

but did manage to get past 8 years evidenced so managed a positive result.

Completed PTE yesterday and just lodged EOI....,exciting times.

keep going....

Hiiiiii I'm on similar situation I hope you can help me please! In primary school teacher and I want to do the ACECQA assessment. I read it's possible to get validation as ETC. I'm I'm Australian also at the moment studing a diploma in early childhood. I only have been working in Australia as part of my student visa as an Educator in Child Care centre for a year. I have my certificate III T the moment only. So I hope will help me to get the recognition. If some of you sent the documents. Was the assessment positive? Do they ask for English test? Which one are your qualifications? How long it takes for them to answer? Thanksssss!!!!! I hope all your process goes well

• 2 weeks later...
Hi my skills assessment came through early August as it did take the full 60 working days.

I did struggle with declarations from previous employers who did not seem to have me on their records?...

keep going....

Did you have experience as a child care manager?? Thanks

keep going....

Congrats Big girl! How exciting :-)

Did you have the employment statement for every centre you have worked?

How did you send? By registered post or courier?

Thank you!

What I am wondering is whether you will need to have actual experience as a manager or will it be sufficient to have worked in child care/early education for three years including one year within the last 3 years.

From what I understand, we need to have some leadership role performed? Mine is some teaching and some managing.

sorry i didn't mean to post yet! I haven't sent mine off yet as my husband got a positive for his trade and has had an invitation from EOI. I am going to send mine off within the next few weeks in the hope I will have result to begin work when we move. I have not had any experience as a manger just and Early Years leader but we did have a 2 year old provision on our site and I lead the manager and team for this? So I am hoping this will be ok?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi. Just wondering if you needed to show actual work experience as a child care manager or was it sufficient to have worked as an early years teacher? thanks

Tineee- Yes most certainly you have to have work exp as a CCC Manager. You go through a lengthily process which assesses not only your qualification but how many years experience as a manager, how many children, roles and responsibilities. I am not sure I will get a positive TRA Skills assessment as I have 3 years 4 months experience in management (2 years and 1 month as Manager and 1 year 3 months as Deputy). Fingers crossed! I really need this! What kind of experience do you have?