Severe Weather warnings for NSW - repeat of last year !!

Stuju

Hi,

We now have severe weather warnings here in NSW which has been placed top priority,

King tides, flash flooding,abnormally high tides,winds at 90km/h mainly in the Hunter & metropolitan areas at the mo but supposedly spreading to other areas of NSW.

SES numbers have also now been issued

I remember the bad storms last year the same first 2 weeks of june too, so many peeps lost so much and took weeks & weeks for many to get back to normal,which caused so much heartache, upset & cost - guess its time too batten down the hatches & ride it out.:unsure: (wyong river & tuggerah lakes on flood alert, remember tuggerah mcdonalds under water last year (it was not good all the buns got soggy !!!)

How are you guys in other states of oz doing, is your weather calm????

Hi Stuju,

OMG hope there is something left when we get there - think will have to have house on high ground!!! Hasn't stopped raining here for the whole week and more to come - happy days!!!

Nikci

Hi Nikci,

Not sure that higher ground is any safer - (think you may need a house with now trees near by) last many very large trees went through lots of houses

australiaAtRisk.jpg

we were lucky but our neighbours had a huge huge tree that fell onto their house took out all the of the property and took months to repair and they are higher up than us.

Guess its just luck of the gods.

stuju

Guest Ms_Fi

Yeah, my inlaws are flood alert (and this time the pub has got plenty of beer in!!)

These are photos they took last year and it looks as if it'll get this bad again this year. They went 10 years between bad floods and now it's onto 2 consecutive (sp?) years - something very odd is going on with Mother Nature.

hintonroadnearnullanullva5.jpg

You can't actually see the river when you stand at this point when it's not flooded.

flood6uu9.jpg

Normally the river (Patterson) is right at the back of the photo beyond the line of trees and in front of the bank. It's also about 5 metres lower that the level it reached - it's flooded across the levee, the carpark and the road and was lapping at the edge of the pub.

The floods caused sooo much damage last year - the inlaws village was completely cut off and so many farmers are only just recovering from the losses they incurred. I really hope it doesn't get this bad again this month.

Guest leanneandmark

ITS NO BETTER HERE GUYS!!

Went to pick up boys from school, it started to rain half way there got out of car ran to bike shelter to wait for em.

Got back to car and couldn't get in without wading through a puddle up to my ankles that was in 15 mins!!!!!!!!!! Had to carry livvy and my nephew Roman (also 2yrs old) as it was a bit scarey for em!!

Lots of schools shut yesterday too, as it came down soo quick!!

Not good!!!!!!

Archived