Bound4Tassie

Separate solo account?

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I opened a joint account for myself and my husband thinking we were making the move in September this year. We have had to delay our move , probably until Sept 2017. So husband won't be able to go to a branch to provide id within the timeframe. What happens to thus account - will it close or just be on hold? I will ve coming over to validate my visa in the next few months so I can provide my id.

Can I open a solo account so I can activate that one?

Many thanks

Moneycorp
Moneycorp

Hi Bound4Tassie,

Can you please private message me your name and contact phone number so I can have a look into this for you.

Alternatively you can phone myself or my colleague Peter on 0207 710 1930.

Kind Regards

Micaela from NAB

Hi, I opened a joint account for myself and my husband thinking we were making the move in September this year. We have had to delay our move , probably until Sept 2017. So husband won't be able to go to a branch to provide id within the timeframe. What happens to thus account - will it close or just be on hold? I will ve coming over to validate my visa in the next few months so I can provide my id.

Many thanks

Hi Bound4Tassie

Just to add to Micaela's reply you can apply for an individual account for your upcoming trip. We will need to update your records with the delay in your move date but best to give us a call to discuss further.

Kind regards

Peter at NAB

Many thanks

Hi, sorry I have not done anything about this yet. I have arranged my trip to Aus to validate my visa. I arrive in Perth 23/10/16 but this is just a brief trip as I say to validate the visa....and when we emigrate next year (approx Nov 2017) , it will be to Tasmania not Perth. So my named banking contact is already :

Michelle, Tasmania 7310 Australia

I won't be able to make an appointment with her on this trip for obvious geographical reasons so would it be best just to hold fire on the solo account until I arrive permanently in Tas in 2017?

What happens to the joint account I have already sorted for myself/husband? Will we have to start again ?

Thanks

Edited by snifter
removed email and personal info

Hi Bound4Tassie,

Can you please email the migrant banking operations team on nab.migrant.banking@nab.com.au

The operations team can supply you with information on what to do with the joint account and setting up an individual account for you upcoming trip.

Regards

Royce at nab

Hi, sorry I have not done anything about this yet. I have arranged my trip to Aus to validate my visa. I arrive in Perth 23/10/16 but this is just a brief trip as I say to validate the visa....and when we emigrate next year (approx Nov 2017) , it will be to Tasmania not Perth. So my named banking contact is already :

Michelle Tasmania 7310 Australia

I won't be able to make an appointment with her on this trip for obvious geographical reasons so would it be best just to hold fire on the solo account until I arrive permanently in Tas in 2017?

What happens to the joint account I have already sorted for myself/husband? Will we have to start again ?

Thanks

Edited by snifter
removed email etc from quote