Perthbum

Can you name another country apart from

England that have been world champions at football, cricket, rugby union? I can't think of any, can you.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Leaving aside the fact that few countries in the world compete in all 3 of these sports when did England win the Cricket World Cup (as opposed to the T20 competition).

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

Leaving aside the fact that few countries in the world compete in all 3 of these sports when did England win the Cricket World Cup (as opposed to the T20 competition).

That has only been going since 1975, England have been ranked worlds best team many times

Yes as I said earlier England punches well above its weight in so many sports whether it is cricket, football, rugby, cycling, athletics, boxing, martial arts, swimming, weightlifting and many more. Still some sectors of the population make stupid comments about them being no good at sports.

Loving life in Gods Country. Woohoo, look at me. 

That has only been going since 1975, England have been ranked worlds best team many times

My knowledge of cricket is close to zero, but I can use Wikipedia! And it tells me England have never won the cricket world cup. Of course, Australia have done, several times over.

309/100 visa application lodged 28/08/13 | Visa sub-class 309 granted 09/05/14 | 100 (PR) visa application lodged 27/09/15 | PR granted 13/04/16 | Citizenship application lodged 18/06/19 | Citizenship interview invite 02/03/20  22/09/20 | Citizenship interview 27/04/20 11/11/20 | Citizenship ceremony 26/01/21

Never understood folk's obsession with sport.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away :smile:

My knowledge of cricket is close to zero, but I can use Wikipedia! And it tells me England have never won the cricket world cup. Of course, Australia have done, several times over.

I think PB was talking about being No1 in the world.

Never understood folk's obsession with sport.

My FB news feed is full of Rugby League and it does my head in lol

No, he said World Champions

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Oh I see. Well then England have never been ranked no 1 football team in the world since FIFA started ranking in 1993. So is he talking about World Cups for football (not in living memory for the majority of the population), test match rankings for cricket and world cups for Rugby Union do you think?

The last two really are minority sports played at any serious level in a small number of countries really so England have not really punched above its weight in any of the three examples covered in the OP.

As you say there are plenty of sports where Britain does. Golf comes to mind and boxing. Don't see anyone saying the UK or England are rubbish at sports in general as that would be a daft thing to say.

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

As Gby Grey Sky said Englands not won the Cricket One Day World Cup. T20 doesnt count IMO... So no team has won the Football, Cricket and Rugby World Cup

"Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." :biggrin:

I think it is just how PB writes things down to be honest. I don't usually but I agree with the jist of what he is saying, we do punch well over our weight in so many sports and 2 out of 3 ain't bad lol

No, he said World Champions

World champions best in the world, same difference

World champions best in the world, same difference

stop it PB ,,,, I can see them now...:arghh:

Angry-man-001.jpg

England that have been world champions at football, cricket, rugby union? I can't think of any, can you.

England won something sport related?

p.s. My dad and hubby support Villa so what do I know about sport :laugh:

Edited by M1cha3la

Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave..........

stop it PB ,,,, I can see them now...:arghh:

Angry-man-001.jpg

Mate, if that's how people want to react that ain't my problem.

The males in my family are all obsessed with sport- young grandson talks about nothing but cricket, footy and soccer. Boring boring boring.