Patphillips47

Belgian Airport Attack

I am reading with disbelief that it supposedly happened in the departure loung ,meaning someone got through security with what ever they used as explosives

For anyone travelling soon stay safe and alert

Edited my post as it now seems it was the check in area makes it no better though as it shows the lengths these monsters will go to

Edited by Patphillips47

Terrible news and a very scary world that we live in

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Terrible news....the world is not a safe place anymore.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Terrible news....the world is not a safe place anymore.

I dont think the world has been a safe place for w very long time, if ever. I was living in Birmingham in the UK at the time of the pub bombings in 1974 and could have easily been caught up in them.

I lived in Brussels for nine years and have many friends there, am just hoping they are all okay. May the bloodthirsty monsters responsible rot in hell.

Edited by Fisher1

103 visa application lodged February 2013. 143 visa application submitted January 2016. Police checks and form 80 submitted February 29th 2016. Visa granted April 4th 2016.

They are disgusting. Feels like it could happen anywhere which scares me. My aunts stressing out because her 3 Year old grandson is going to London with his dad this weekend and she's worried something will happen there now. Can't let them stop you getting on with life though

Guest Guest66881

Retaliation was sadly on the cards, just how did they get into the airport with explosives anyway?

Thing is you walk into an airport with your luggage quite freely don't you - looks now like the explosion was in the check in area

Don't know what the solution is do they now have scanners before you even get to the terminal doors

I know its going to make our travel in a few weeks even worse as the clangers go before my hubby gets to walk through the security gate as he has hip and ankle replacements

Wont stop us travelling though if we stop they win

Another example of religion causing hell on earth.

We all live wherever we feel the most smug, I mean, snug.

Guest Guest66881
Thing is you walk into an airport with your luggage quite freely don't you - looks now like the explosion was in the check in area

Don't know what the solution is do they now have scanners before you even get to the terminal doors

I know its going to make our travel in a few weeks even worse as the clangers go before my hubby gets to walk through the security gate as he has hip and ankle replacements

Wont stop us travelling though if we stop they win

Thanks for the clarification,but yes the day as to come where scanners check on entry to the airport or any travel outlet.

Yeah but then they'll just blow themselves up on the street.

We all live wherever we feel the most smug, I mean, snug.

An American Airlines.

Apparantly not, further down reports say.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Terrible and tragic news. Whats also tragic is that the fear these terrorists are creating and spreading is exactly what they want. And the result is the religion they falsely hide behind becomes a target of hatred... and the snowball effect continues..

"Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." :biggrin:

It wasn't that long ago that I thought about how unsafe airports must be around the bit before the security

One of the things that boggles my mind is the lack of security on domestic flights here. Have only once been asked to show any identity.

Just purchase my ticket on line.

It's asking for trouble, I could swap my ticket with anyone and no one would be any the wiser.

What's the point of tough security on internal flights ? It would make no difference if you swapped your ticket with someone else, that wouldn't achieve anything. Scanning for weapons or explosives is different of course. Years ago when my mother flew up to see us in Brisbane she had a metal nail file confiscated, that is the sort of paranoia this sore of attack creates and it is exactly what they want.

Loving life in Gods Country. Woohoo, look at me. 

Europe is a scary place right now, so glad I have taken my children a long way away.

Just driven past Heathrow and lots of police presence in the area.

Sadly, it can happen anywhere in the world now and there is no point in getting frightened by it. Generally though the world is a safe place and largely filled with people who are wonderful. Have a read of this if in doubt http://www.theodysseyexpedition.com/gdh/

He visited every country in the world by land and largely sleeping on strangers sofas.

Sadly, there are a very small bunch of loons whose actions make headlines that make people feel unsafe - which is actually what they want. But, in reality, the chances of any of us being personally affected by such things is tiny.

Just driven past Heathrow and lots of police presence in the area.

Sadly, it can happen anywhere in the world now and there is no point in getting frightened by it. Generally though the world is a safe place and largely filled with people who are wonderful. Have a read of this if in doubt http://www.theodysseyexpedition.com/gdh/

He visited every country in the world by land and largely sleeping on strangers sofas.

Sadly, there are a very small bunch of loons whose actions make headlines that make people feel unsafe - which is actually what they want. But, in reality, the chances of any of us being personally affected by such things is tiny.

Exactly right, it could happen absolutely anywhere so there really is no point getting concerned. You are more likely to hit by lightning and many times more likely to die in a car crash but we all jump in a car everyday without thinking about it. They want us to start changing the way we life and that will never happen.

Loving life in Gods Country. Woohoo, look at me. 

I always say you can walk out of your own front door and a tile fall on your head

i just feel it's such a sad state of affairs when people can't go about their buisness without morons , I won't call them humans or animals , making the day to day structure of life unsafe

Innocent lives lost yet again for what

I won't change I am too b stubborn and always one to stand up and be counted all 5ft of me

I wonder what it is about this faith that can make a human being look around him and see families with babies and then without any pang of humanity detonate a bomb...

I wonder what it is about this faith that can make a human being look around him and see families with babies and then without any pang of humanity detonate a bomb...

Precisely Terrorism at its hilt making it more alarming and real.

IELTS 12.4.12 8.5 AASW Assessment SOCIAL WORK 4.6.12. 175:15.6.12 CO:14-8-12 MEDS 30.8.12

GRANT 13.9.12 Reccie Sydney Apr'13