World Happiness Ranking

starlight7

For some reason the cold countries are happiest.

Maybe their fingers are froze so they just ticked the "yes I am happy box" instead of the "No and please give your reasons why..." box :laugh:

Jokes aside, I have never visited any of the top 5, but I am sure they are beautiful places. Cold beautiful places.

Edited by M1cha3la

Uk is lower than I would have thought-

Just watched the footy and had roughly 5 paddy pints with me mates. Ranking is right up there in 3rd or 4th place for a Thursday night. When I get up and go to work it will be 2.5degreess C and it will be at least 23rd best place. Uk is great when merry or sunny otherwise always slightly dull. Especially when Liverpool win.

I always thought Bhutan was supposed to be the world's happiest country :daydreaming:

It is, but it's almost impossible to get in to visit so maybe the people doing the survey couldn't get it to include it (I haven't actually checked the list to see if Bhutan was on there).

I always thought Bhutan was supposed to be the world's happiest country :daydreaming:

I suspect there are different happiness ratings as I recall Bhutan being called that as well. Also recall one year decades ago when Vanuatu was judged happiest. This survey in question is obviously rich, western nation focused. Those nations with the best overall social security come out on top.

The reality does not live up to the propaganda. At one stage there were over 100,000 Bhutanese refugees living in camps in Nepal. There are a significant number of Bhutanese refugees in Tasmania.

The reality does not live up to the propaganda. At one stage there were over 100,000 Bhutanese refugees living in camps in Nepal. There are a significant number of Bhutanese refugees in Tasmania.

I'm not saying their country is the happiest but the happiest people I've met here in Tasmania are a couple of families from Mongolia. They manage a market garden and are the most delightful people - always happy and smiling. They have twinkling eyes and rosy red cheeks and their enjoyment of life is easy to see.