Sign in to follow this  
Guest Snapp Shot

Our Motorbike is coming to Tas......

Guest Snapp Shot

Hi Guy's

Has anyone got any info for us as we are taking our motorbike with us to Tasmania.

We would like to know the cost etc involved of importing it and when we get there as I know there isn't really a road tax as such as in England, but a upkeep charge kind of like a MOT.... I'm unsure.

Any info on this would be greatfully recieved :spinny: x

TASSIE -TASSTIC TOO X

Guest The Cutches

Hi huns,

I'll only tell you if I get a ride! :cool:

xxx

Guest Snapp Shot

Alright my Lover!

Pls I let you have a go...Promise x

Guest The Cutches

Deal! Well it would be if I actually knew anything bout the cost of taking the bike to TAS....:biglaugh: but I do know that they don't have MOT's. :swoon:

xxx

Guest Snapp Shot

You Minx you!

Guest Colin R

Hi There,

We moved to Tassie nearly 2 years ago bringing a road bike and an off road bike, I must say it was more hassle than bringing 3 guns, but you need to get approval from the Federal Government before you ship!, do not under any circumstances ship without the appropriate import docs as the Customs service here have absolutley NO sense of humour!!!!. You can obtain all the info you need on line, and can even download all the appropriate forms from the site, which is Vimports@dotars.gov.au as for the cost of running a Motorcycle, there is no MOT equivilant but, the Registration for a motorcyle is exactly the same as a car, around $500+ a year. On top of your import costs you will have to pay GST (10%) on the valuation of the bike here in Australia before Customs will release it, my own opinion having had to sell 3 bikes before I got here, all of which were classics, and I bought a brnd new Suzuki Bandit when we got here in 06, is unless it is a classic, or is not worth much in the UK, would be to sell and buy new when you get here as Japanese bikes are very reasonable here, and cheaper still in Melbourne, it is no hassle to fly to Melbourne where all vehicles are cheaper and more plentiful than Tas, and bring it back on the ferry. If you have any problems or other questions private e-mail me and we can talk aboput it, hope it has been of help, it is great biking country out here!!!!

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Colin Rogers

Guest Snapp Shot

Thanks Colin,

I will talk to OH about this as I now he is very fond of it, I'm not sure what type of bike it it, I think it could be a "Honda ~ Wild star" (please do not quote me on that) all I now it that it is good fun and a great way to travel!

P.S. - I'm having problems with my works P.C. at the moment so, if any more question I will PM you later

Cheers S x