Parley

What a witch hunt on George Pell.

]there is a need to string someone up regardless if whether there is any proof of wrongdoing.

Are you suggesting the victims might be making it up?

Feb 2010 Prospective Marriage Visa | Nov 2010 Temporary Partner Visa | Nov 2012 Permanent Partner Visa | Jan 2015 Australian Citizenship

Are you suggesting the victims might be making it up?

Are you suggesting that never happens ?

It is only in the last few days we have a Fairfax journalist suspended for publishing a fake rape story.

I am not suggesting the child abuse didn't happen though. Of course not.

Pell covering things up is what I have said I don't believe happened.

I want it all, and I want it now.

And why exactly don't you believe Pell was involved in a cover-up? When the victimised have come out and no one has been held accountable for the crimes then.... That itself is evidence of a cover up. Not much different to what happened here in WA with abuse in remote communities.. ie Bindoon .. The fact that Pell has not accepted the Victorian abuses publicly is evidence itself

"Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." :biggrin:

.Those who fail to act on a crime, or suspicion of a crime, should be deemed, or, perhaps, may so be in law (without me researching) by anyone of a sound mind, to be complicit in that crime.

In the words of the Chief of Army, Lieut General Morrison, "the standard you walk past is the standard you accept". Even more so for those who are supposedly dedicating their life to the welfare of the souls in their care.

Pell's testimony was carefully crafted to protect himself until he let slip that he'd heard something was going on..."but it wasn't of much interest to me". In other words...he walked past.

In the late 70s/80s I worked in a Commonwealth government department which had contact with mid - late teens. It was mandatory for us to report any suspicions/allegations of sexual abuse. That entire churches could ignore this at that time defies comprehension.

Even if you convince yourself that he didn't know and/or couldn't do anything, his treatment of victims who later came to him for help or whom he attacked through the legal system - in order to protect the finances of the church - was appalling and had nothing to do with compassion and pastoral care.