Marisawright

Have You Got Your Act Together?

Someone commented on another thread about approaching 80 but still feeling 35 (something I suspect everyone feels).

It made me wonder - am I the only person who feels like, at over 60, I still haven't managed to get my act together?

What exactly does that mean? Being unsettled with the world your potential oyster? Feeling free spirited and unencumbered by possessions? Not able to plot the rest of your life until the arrival of The Grim Reaper?

That sounds like an amusing idea for a whole new thread as long as it is all in good heart and nobody gets malicious.

What am I saying........it's a recipe for disaster! :swoon:

Its been done over and over... always ends up with someone getting offended :elvis:

Am I allowed to post my pics of what I believe people on here look like?

Hankering for a dangerous life, are we? :wink::laugh:

Hankering for a dangerous life, are we? :wink::laugh:

TBH I wouldn't stoop so low to do it

....I Actually Live In Australia....And I'm Enjoying Life On The Gold Coast....It Is Possible You Know....

Yes, have achieved some major life goals, have a career I love and will likely spend the rest of my working life in, know myself well, happy with myself, maybe it's to do with relaxing and lowering your self doubt and criticism, think I know what I believe in and why I'm here, meaning of life etc....I don't know....I know where I am, who I am and take life as it comes, don't fear change, bring it on.

Think I got my **** together around mid thirties. Hopefully that's it now till my mid life crisis......

Beard .....! I always thought you were a lady ..........?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32827[/ATTACH]

LOL, I did too. I was about to reply when I got to the bottom of Page 2 then thought I'd read on, then on top of Page 3 is this!

Don't Let It Happen To You : What Every Mother Should Know Before Emigrating. Available on Amazon by Rachel Tilley.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dont-Let-Happen-You-Emigrating-ebook/dp/B00FV80PTM/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1451572986&sr=1-1&keywords=rachel+tilley

Enjoy it while it lasts! Me and my sisters have always had young-looking faces - my sister was still being offered half-fares on the bus when she was 25 (it does help that she's five foot nothing). So I was like you - at 40 everyone thought I was 30, and at 50 I was feeling very smug - I had virtually no wrinkles and people thought I was 40.

Serves me right for being smug, though - when I got to about 55, it all started changing. In the last seven years my face has aged really fast, and now I've got wrinkles AND sag AND a turkey neck AND age spots. Suddenly I'm an old lady and I wouldn't dare to ask anyone to guess my age - so enjoy it while it lasts!

Aarrgghh... yes, the scraggy neck is starting to show on me too; the face is still pretty wrinkle free but the neck gives me away :o

I have strange mirrors in my house. When I go out the reflection is never the same as the one the camera catches later that evening. A youngish looking mid 40's woman leaves the house but an older middle aged woman who could do with losing a few pounds appears later in a photograph! It's a strange phenomenon.

Don't Let It Happen To You : What Every Mother Should Know Before Emigrating. Available on Amazon by Rachel Tilley.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dont-Let-Happen-You-Emigrating-ebook/dp/B00FV80PTM/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1451572986&sr=1-1&keywords=rachel+tilley

Someone commented on another thread about approaching 80 but still feeling 35 (something I suspect everyone feels).

It made me wonder - am I the only person who feels like, at over 60, I still haven't managed to get my act together?

Why act when you can play?