Marisawright

Have You Got Your Act Together?

Someone commented on another thread about approaching 80 but still feeling 35 (something I suspect everyone feels).

It made me wonder - am I the only person who feels like, at over 60, I still haven't managed to get my act together?

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Someone commented on another thread about approaching 80 but still feeling 35 (something I suspect everyone feels).

It made me wonder - am I the only person who feels like, at over 60, I still haven't managed to get my act together?

Oh i do like your post Marisawright..........but can you elaborate on this , could turn out to be a great thread ........

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

I feel as fit as I was as a teenager, but do make a bit of noise when vending down to pick something up now and again.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Oh i do like your post Marisawright..........but can you elaborate on this , could turn out to be a great thread ........

I always assumed that one day I'd be organised, know exactly where I wanted to be and what I wanted to do. Nope.

Edited by Marisawright

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Yep, I do, however I also wonder who that old lady is that I catch a glimpse of in the mirror is because its not how I feel ha ha

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

Who knows really?

I feel as though I am where I want to be and have fallen on my feet in this location but I am acutely aware that I have only just 'got off the boat' so to speak.

At 55 I feel like an in-betweeny. Too young to be retired, too old to be considered for any work that is interesting. Enough money to get by but not enough to be free to do whatever I might feel like doing.

Getting more aches and pains these days and these last longer too.

Worried about getting old but slightly fearful of the alternative.

Generally very happy but pondering the question raised probably leads to negative introspection.

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

That's a phase that lasts for some time, Gbye Grey sky - that's a pretty good summary of where I am, apart from being in the right place!

Edited by Marisawright

50 years old and very happy

I'm told I don't look 50 more closer to 40 which is nice

I'll never grow up I act a lot younger than I am

My head still feels a lot younger but its slowly catching the rest of my body up

A few more aches and pains now

Don't worry be happy

....I Actually Live In Australia....And I'm Enjoying Life On The Gold Coast....It Is Possible You Know....

I'm still trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up, some 20 years after leaving University.

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.

Dale Carnegie – 1888-1955, Author and Lecturer

Nope. Am still bumbling along.

I remember thinking when I was a kid that adults knew everything and had everything under control. How wrong was I.

In my experience, just when you think you might have got it together, life throws a curved ball and you have to start again. :rolleyes:

The only aspect I think I have got together is knowing who I am, what I like/don't like...and not caring what other people think as I would have done in my 20s/30s.

If I could just organise my house so that I knew where everything was....that would be a giant leap for me! :laugh:

I'm still wondering what I'm going to do when I grow up! I retired first time at 57 then again at 62 when we moved here 4 years ago. My friend sent me a link to a whole load of courses today but she didn't send me the 48 hours days that I will need to go ahead with them!

...........I don't think I ever will......

..........if you mean knowing what your doing long term.....

..........but I enjoy the fact I don't know.....

............that next week I could be somewhere different.....

............have had some huge challenges.......and some wonderful times.....

.............the roller coaster of life.......

............it's made me just except today........tomorrow could hold anything....

............once a home.....enough to live on is accomplished.....

.............it's often best to not look too far a head.......ime

..............and age is just a number..........

...........I don't think I ever will......

..........if you mean knowing what your doing long term.....

..........but I enjoy the fact I don't know.....

............that next week I could be somewhere different.....

............have had some huge challenges.......and some wonderful times.....

.............the roller coaster of life.......

............it's made me just except today........tomorrow could hold anything....

............once a home.....enough to live on is accomplished.....

.............it's often best to not look too far a head.......ime

..............and age is just a number..........

Yes, that's me .................... take each day as it comes.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away :smile:

50 years old and very happy

I'll never grow up I act a lot younger than I am

My head still feels a lot younger but its slowly catching the rest of my body up

A few more aches and pains now

Don't worry be happy

Everyone says people look younger than they really are...be rude not to...:wink:

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Enjoy it while it lasts! Me and my sisters have always had young-looking faces - my sister was still being offered half-fares on the bus when she was 25 (it does help that she's five foot nothing). So I was like you - at 40 everyone thought I was 30, and at 50 I was feeling very smug - I had virtually no wrinkles and people thought I was 40.

Serves me right for being smug, though - when I got to about 55, it all started changing. In the last seven years my face has aged really fast, and now I've got wrinkles AND sag AND a turkey neck AND age spots. Suddenly I'm an old lady and I wouldn't dare to ask anyone to guess my age - so enjoy it while it lasts!

Enjoy it while it lasts! Me and my sisters have always had young-looking faces - my sister was still being offered half-fares on the bus when she was 25 (it does help that she's five foot nothing). So I was like you - at 40 everyone thought I was 30, and at 50 I was feeling very smug - I had virtually no wrinkles and people thought I was 40.

Serves me right for being smug, though - when I got to about 55, it all started changing. In the last seven years my face has aged really fast, and now I've got wrinkles AND sag AND a turkey neck AND age spots. Suddenly I'm an old lady and I wouldn't dare to ask anyone to guess my age - so enjoy it while it lasts!

Because I'm an outdoors person, I've had 'laughter lines' for years. It's only in the past year or so I've started to feel older. After years of breaking and training horses (and often taking tumbles) it's catching up on me. I remember being black and blue after tumbles and suffering from wrenched muscles and people saying "You'll suffer for this when you're older" I used to shrug it off. Now all that wear and tear is starting to be felt :cry:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away :smile:

Everyone says people look younger than they really are...be rude not to...:wink:

The thing is I do look younger than my 50 years

I'm not worrying about what I'll look like in a few times

I'm growing a beard atm and loving it also

Some might say mid life crisis

I say enjoying and living life to the full

That also means spending less time on here

It seems to have gone downhill again anyways :wink:

....I Actually Live In Australia....And I'm Enjoying Life On The Gold Coast....It Is Possible You Know....

The thing is I do look younger than my 50 years

I'm not worrying about what I'll look like in a few times

I'm growing a beard atm and loving it also

Some might say mid life crisis

I say enjoying and living life to the full

That also means spending less time on here

It seems to have gone downhill again anyways :wink:

Beard .....! I always thought you were a lady ..........?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Beard .....! I always thought you were a lady ..........?

Its funny what we think of other members

You got the hair colour wrong for a start :laugh:

Am I allowed to post my pics of what I believe people on here look like?

That sounds like an amusing idea for a whole new thread as long as it is all in good heart and nobody gets malicious.

What am I saying........it's a recipe for disaster! :swoon:

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

Probably best not to. I have a picture in my mind of what I think they look like too ........................ none of them are unflattering :cute:

Great thread. I feel I have got my sh*t together in the short term (ie, I'm organised, get stuff done, have things I want to do) but longer term, I have no clue. Still renting, which is my biggest bug bear and no real idea or what might be coming up in a few years time... oh well :dull:

309/100 visa application lodged 28/08/13 | Visa sub-class 309 granted 09/05/14 | 100 (PR) visa application lodged 27/09/15 | PR granted 13/04/16 | Citizenship application lodged 18/06/19 | Citizenship interview invite 02/03/20  22/09/20 | Citizenship interview 27/04/20 11/11/20 | Application approved and now pending ceremony invite...