Information required to assess your Partner visa application - Email received today

Lozacw

Hey all!

I received an email today with the subject - Information required to assess your Partner visa application.

It was an auto email I believe (copied email below)

My main questions are:

- Has anyone else received this email?

-Before beign assigned a case officer?

-If so, how long until you were given a Case Office & were approved?

- Is this just a standard email sent after so many months or could I actually be getting closer to being assessed? ( I applied 9 months ago decision ready.

Thanks

Re: Application for a Stage 1 - Partner visa (820/801)

We refer to your application for a Temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) and Permanent Partner visa (subclass 801), lodged on 09-May-2015.

Your application has progressed in the queue and you will be contacted once processing of your visa application has commenced.

If you have not yet provided the following documentation or information needed to assess your application, please do so now. It is in your interests to submit all documents as a complete package. We will be unable to progress your application until all required documents have been provided.

Hey all!

I received an email today with the subject - Information required to assess your Partner visa application.

It was an auto email I believe (copied email below)

My main questions are:

- Has anyone else received this email?

-Before beign assigned a case officer?

-If so, how long until you were given a Case Office & were approved?

- Is this just a standard email sent after so many months or could I actually be getting closer to being assessed? ( I applied 9 months ago decision ready.

Thanks

Re: Application for a Stage 1 - Partner visa (820/801)

We refer to your application for a Temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) and Permanent Partner visa (subclass 801), lodged on 09-May-2015.

Your application has progressed in the queue and you will be contacted once processing of your visa application has commenced.

If you have not yet provided the following documentation or information needed to assess your application, please do so now. It is in your interests to submit all documents as a complete package. We will be unable to progress your application until all required documents have been provided.

its an automated email. Did they not follow it with a list of outstanding documents? police check, meds etc?

No list no... I assumed at much but saw it said I am now in the Queue so was wondering if anybody had an avg time from this to approval

can't help you with that one. We're waiting for PR to go through, had an email in june saying they have the application........heard nothing since and been told it could be another year or more as the Temp Spouse Visas are dealt with first.

can't help you with that one. We're waiting for PR to go through, had an email in june saying they have the application........heard nothing since and been told it could be another year or more as the Temp Spouse Visas are dealt with first.

@Nemesis - I applied for PR/100 visa in September 2015 and am still "application pending" on the immi portal. How long was it before you had any contact?

@Nemesis - I applied for PR/100 visa in September 2015 and am still "application pending" on the immi portal. How long was it before you had any contact?

We had a response to say the application was received after about 5 days, just an auto-response, nothing personal. Our application is still pending on the Immi Account. On 6th March it will have been 10 months since the application was submitted.

A friend with contacts in DIBP says that due to the price hike in offshore applications, onshore numbers have gone through the roof with people arriving as tourists then applying here. They are being given precedence, and he said not to expect a grant until 2017 at current rates........yes, 2017 - I spoke to him in December and he said it could be 12-18 months more.

I just wish we had stayed apart, living in different countries until we had the 3 years marriage to go straight to PR applying offshore. As it is, life is not good and we may just go home.

We had a response to say the application was received after about 5 days, just an auto-response, nothing personal. Our application is still pending on the Immi Account. On 6th March it will have been 10 months since the application was submitted.

A friend with contacts in DIBP says that due to the price hike in offshore applications, onshore numbers have gone through the roof with people arriving as tourists then applying here. They are being given precedence, and he said not to expect a grant until 2017 at current rates........yes, 2017 - I spoke to him in December and he said it could be 12-18 months more.

I just wish we had stayed apart, living in different countries until we had the 3 years marriage to go straight to PR applying offshore. As it is, life is not good and we may just go home.

I have just emails DIBP using the web form enquiry for people who waiting for the 309/100 permanent visa. Said that their website current states six months for onshore (low risk countries) and could I expect visa grant in the next 1-2 months. Will be interested to see what they come back with! I was really expecting PR in the first half of this year but from what your friend says, it may happen in the first half of next year instead...!

Sorry to hear you're thinking about going back again. Whereabouts are you based?

I have just emails DIBP using the web form enquiry for people who waiting for the 309/100 permanent visa. Said that their website current states six months for onshore (low risk countries) and could I expect visa grant in the next 1-2 months. Will be interested to see what they come back with! I was really expecting PR in the first half of this year but from what your friend says, it may happen in the first half of next year instead...!

Sorry to hear you're thinking about going back again. Whereabouts are you based?

When we applied we hoped for 6 months, which would have been December.........now we don't hope, we are just planning a different life with me looking for jobs back in the UK. He was hoping for PR and onto then citizenship for job purposes, now its receeding too far into the distance, especially as we are both over 50. Not going to suit us if he is still on the temp visa for a year or more. Means me giving up a brilliant job and going back to stacking shelves or whatever I can get at my age with no qualifications, but we can't live with him doing FIFO between two continents for much longer!

Edited by Nemesis

When we applied we hoped for 6 months, which would have been December.........now we don't hope, we are just planning a different life with me looking for jobs back in the UK. He was hoping for PR and onto then citizenship for job purposes, now its receeding too far into the distance, especially as we are both over 50. Not going to suit us if he is still on the temp visa for a year or more. Means me giving up a brilliant job and going back to stacking shelves or whatever I can get at my age with no qualifications, but we can't live with him doing FIFO between two continents for much longer!

I feel for you - so hard to plan when the future is not certain... I will let you know if/when I hear back on my email enquiry. Even if it is not good news, at least it will be from the horse's mouth.

Is your partner struggling on the work front being on a temp spouse visa? Some employers don't understand that a temp one leads to PR as a given provided the requirements are met (still a couple etc). I know some people have struggled to secure permanent work on a temp spouse visa but most find contract or casual work. And some do find permanent.

Is it being brought up at interviews? Can you just say 'full work rights in Aus' and be done with it as that is what they are. I never list my visa type or anything, I just put the 'full work rights within Australia' and its never even been asked what visa or if its temp or PR. I know some jobs in Gov etc require PR or citizenship but for the most part, a valid visa should be ok. Its not like it expires after 4 years or anything like a 457 does. Its an ongoing visa which just progresses to PR after X amount of time.

I really feel for you and wish it would come through for you soon.

Is your partner struggling on the work front being on a temp spouse visa? Some employers don't understand that a temp one leads to PR as a given provided the requirements are met (still a couple etc). I know some people have struggled to secure permanent work on a temp spouse visa but most find contract or casual work. And some do find permanent.

Is it being brought up at interviews? Can you just say 'full work rights in Aus' and be done with it as that is what they are. I never list my visa type or anything, I just put the 'full work rights within Australia' and its never even been asked what visa or if its temp or PR. I know some jobs in Gov etc require PR or citizenship but for the most part, a valid visa should be ok. Its not like it expires after 4 years or anything like a 457 does. Its an ongoing visa which just progresses to PR after X amount of time.

I really feel for you and wish it would come through for you soon.

There is a situation with jobs that want PR - as with mine years ago he is being asked for proof of his visa (I had a temp psouse visa too at first), also we had a longterm plan involving a lot of travelling, followed by retirement to Australia - not being spring chickens (& married later in life!) we need to get a move on to do some of the stuff we planned. Thus we wanted to get his PR so he was assured of being able to come and go, followed by citizenship fairly quickly as he'd clocked up some previous time on temp visas towards it.

I guess as well he is now distinctly disillusioned with the moving gateposts of timelines, and although he doesn't post he reads the forums and sees other people being granted who applied later - pure luck of the draw I'm sure but I've always been the more philosophical one. He is just now convinced the country doesn't want him and are dragging their feet rather than saying no straight out!

I have just emailed DIBP using the web form enquiry for people who waiting for the 309/100 permanent visa. Said that their website current states six months for onshore (low risk countries) and could I expect visa grant in the next 1-2 months. Will be interested to see what they come back with! I was really expecting PR in the first half of this year but from what your friend says, it may happen in the first half of next year instead...!

Had a standard response back saying that the processing time is 6-8 months from the time you became eligible to lodge the 100 - but that these timeframes are aspirational! So could be any time between now and 2020 really... @Nemesis FYI.

Had a standard response back saying that the processing time is 6-8 months from the time you became eligible to lodge the 100 - but that these timeframes are aspirational! So could be any time between now and 2020 really... @Nemesis FYI.

We are already well over the 8 months and the application is still just saying received and not looked at yet. Not holding my breath, busy doing up my resume and applying for jobs back home.

We are already well over the 8 months and the application is still just saying received and not looked at yet. Not holding my breath, busy doing up my resume and applying for jobs back home.

I'm guessing you've emailed them chasing it up? It can't hurt to hassle them asking them and saying its been over 8 months plus.

I'm guessing you've emailed them chasing it up? It can't hurt to hassle them asking them and saying its been over 8 months plus.

Standard response, official timeline is 6-8 months but assessment may take longer. you will be advised if we require further information........no surprises there!

This is all really disappointed to read - I was hoping to be granted PR in December 2016 (so 2 years after I applied for 309) It's never insinuated that I'd have to have another mammoth wait (I waited 14 months for the 309!)

It is a bit of a joke - this is our lives it affects

... I was hoping to be granted PR in December 2016 (so 2 years after I applied for 309)...

You become eligible to apply for the 100, two years after you applied for the 309. So it wouldn't instantly happen two years later anyway, not that I am trying to make excuses for the DIBP!

You become eligible to apply for the 100, two years after you applied for the 309. So it wouldn't instantly happen two years later anyway, not that I am trying to make excuses for the DIBP!

I know I'm being naive, but I really thought it'd be a case of 'are you still in a continuing relationship - yes - ok then'

How can it be that 309's are being granted in 6-7 months now, so entirely new scenarios that need assessing etc - but ones that have already been approved are taking over a year!

Oh well. We are at DIBP's mercy now so I just have to sit tight :-)

I know I'm being naive, but I really thought it'd be a case of 'are you still in a continuing relationship - yes - ok then'

How can it be that 309's are being granted in 6-7 months now, so entirely new scenarios that need assessing etc - but ones that have already been approved are taking over a year!

Oh well. We are at DIBP's mercy now so I just have to sit tight :-)

It never used to take ages, it used to be a couple of weeks. Then it grew to 6 months or so. Then in July DIBP raised the cost of offshore spouse visas. As a result many more peole now come to Australia as tourists and apply here instead. That has increased the wait for PR because they are prioritising those in the first stage.

When we did our PR paperwork in June by the current timeline then we would have got his PR in November 2015 As it is we are still waiting and may have another 12-18 months to wait yet.

Being purely cynical - while they keep processing Temp spouse visas they are getting approx $7000 a visa. Whereas the second stage doesn't bring them in any cash at all.

Edited by Nemesis