How / Help me get to OZ

Chickbock

Hello All,

I will start by saying that I have had a dream to move to OZ since I was about 20 having never visited. I did visit in March 2010 and loved every minute of it staying with an Australian family near the Gold Coast. On returning back to the UK I found love and my journey to Australia was put on hold, my other half has 2 children from her previous relationship. So moving across the world was not a option as they used to spend a lot of time with their real dad. She has also wanted (/ liked the idea of Australia).... Over the last few years my soon to be step childrens father has been drifting away, so now they rarely see him and do not really want to go to his house (he has a new family etc). They are not young, Megan will be 16 on application and faith will be 14 on application and 15 when we move, (IF).

When we first started to look into moving we attended a seminar and had a visa assessed. My occupation was on the CSOL list (Insurance Broker) and SA and WA were accepting.

Now when I have decided to get the ball moving it seems it is not possible.

I am 32 (today) my fiancee is 38. I do not hold a degree. All I really have is 8 years work experience as an insurance broker I hold the CERT CII qualification. I would be the primary visa applicant. The migration agent has advised to get myself decision ready i.e Ielts, work assessed, ready to lodge an EOI in July when the list / quota is refreshed. Part of me says cool I will do that.... the other part says is the migration agent just saying this to make some money.

I don't really know what I am asking but any advice would be appreciated on how to save my dream.

Currently on the points system I could achieve 75 - 85 points. I work as a Branch Manager for an insurance broker, I do not need to continue in this field and I am always open to other roles. For the last 4 years I have also been managing the running of 3 let houses (for my other half).... Property management?

Andrew

Hello All,

I will start by saying that I have had a dream to move to OZ since I was about 20 having never visited. I did visit in March 2010 and loved every minute of it staying with an Australian family near the Gold Coast. On returning back to the UK I found love and my journey to Australia was put on hold, my other half has 2 children from her previous relationship. So moving across the world was not a option as they used to spend a lot of time with their real dad. She has also wanted (/ liked the idea of Australia).... Over the last few years my soon to be step childrens father has been drifting away, so now they rarely see him and do not really want to go to his house (he has a new family etc). They are not young, Megan will be 16 on application and faith will be 14 on application and 15 when we move, (IF).

When we first started to look into moving we attended a seminar and had a visa assessed. My occupation was on the CSOL list (Insurance Broker) and SA and WA were accepting.

Now when I have decided to get the ball moving it seems it is not possible.

I am 32 (today) my fiancee is 38. I do not hold a degree. All I really have is 8 years work experience as an insurance broker I hold the CERT CII qualification. I would be the primary visa applicant. The migration agent has advised to get myself decision ready i.e Ielts, work assessed, ready to lodge an EOI in July when the list / quota is refreshed. Part of me says cool I will do that.... the other part says is the migration agent just saying this to make some money.

I don't really know what I am asking but any advice would be appreciated on how to save my dream.

Currently on the points system I could achieve 75 - 85 points. I work as a Branch Manager for an insurance broker, I do not need to continue in this field and I am always open to other roles. For the last 4 years I have also been managing the running of 3 let houses (for my other half).... Property management?

Andrew

How are you able to get 85 points at age 32 without a degree?

First, I would see little point in getting application ready when at the moment you don't have an option to apply.

Yes, the lists change on July 1. But, if anything, I expect to see more occupations drop off rather than be added as the economy has jitters. I would be very surprised to see WA or SA make things easier as both have significant economic issues.

Second, I would check your points as that seems excessive.

Third, would the father of the children be happy to agree to the move?

First, I would see little point in getting application ready when at the moment you don't have an option to apply.

Yes, the lists change on July 1. But, if anything, I expect to see more occupations drop off rather than be added as the economy has jitters. I would be very surprised to see WA or SA make things easier as both have significant economic issues.

Second, I would check your points as that seems excessive.

Third, would the father of the children be happy to agree to the move?

Exactly these points occurred to me too.

Very Stormy, thank you for your comments. This is the response from Immigration2oz my migration agent.... (I was asking about my occupation slipping off WA)

"However, we would still recommend starting the process so that are ready to lodge, as soon as possible if an opportunity arrises.

At the beginning of each financial year the State Migration Plans are negotiated by each State/Territory with the Federal Government. In so doing all eight States/Territories (States) effectively short list occupations that they will publish on their State Nomination Occupations Lists (SNOLs); for which they will accept nomination applications. Each occupation is subject to a quota which is renegotiated annually after the 1st July. Please note that thereafter the State Migration Plans (SMP’s) are regularly revised, and liable to change, due to the imposed ceilings and quotas. As a result nomination’s for your occupation could change before you are ready to apply for your State nomination. Although we cannot predict what State(s) will nominate your occupation in the future, we have noted that the best time to lodge State Nominated applications is in the latter half of the year, because the nominations peak shortly after the July State nomination renegotiations.

In the interim it may be prudent to get ‘decision ready’ by applying for a skill assessment which we can assist you with. This application, together with obtaining your English language test result can take approximately 4-6 months to achieve.

Only after this point will then be ‘decision ready’ (i.e.: ready to decide whether, or not, to apply). It is only after becoming ‘decision ready’ that you can apply for your State Nomination, should a Nomination still be available.

Should Nominations not be available, or if you are not happy with your nomination options, you can also decide to pursue a permanent employer sponsored ENS visa (Subclass 186): providing you obtain a satisfactory job offer AND you already have a skill assessment. Looking for Job offers is another option to pursue once you are ‘decision ready.’

Since the SMP’s are liable to change we would recommend that you proceed with your application without delay to avoid disappointment in the future, whether you are totally satisfied with your State/Territory nomination option, or not. We will regularly re-evaluate your State/Territory nomination options throughout the visa application process. If at any stage you require an update, please do not hesitate to contact us.

For these reasons above we would still recommend proceeding to get decision ready so that you are ready to lodge as soon as possible, if any new opportunities arise."

I calculated my points as follows...

Age 32: 30

Ielts Proficient or Superior: 10 or 20

work experience: 15

Education (diploma / trade): 10

Partner skills: 5

State sponsorship: 5

or Total: 75 or 85

The Father or the children of course would not be happy, but yes he would agree to the move.

I think you should get your case assessed by another MARA agent, with the chance of your occupation being added to any of the state occupation lists, and to get a proper assessment of your points.

Work experience points is generally only post qualification, your qualification may not be at a high enough level to receive points, partner skills requires an occupation on the same list and a positive skills assessment. If your partner does have an occupation on CSOL and is able to gain a positive skills assessment it may be an option for them to be the main applicant.

Very Stormy, thank you for your comments. This is the response from Immigration2oz my migration agent.... (I was asking about my occupation slipping off WA)

The Father or the children of course would not be happy, but yes he would agree to the move.

I think the points total is ambitious, almost a best case scenario. I've never heard of anyone having more than 70. The DIAC invitation round stats support that this is incredibly rare.

for sure the age 30 and IELTS 10 is probably guaranteed

Education is key, you need to qualify for the 10, without the 10 you cant get the work experience and state sponsorship. so id get assessed by the relevant body independent of an agent to see if you get claim the 10?

lets assume you can get the 10

work experience 15 is 8 plus years full time 35-40 hours a week experience in the last 10, so if you have spent part of the year managing property you might only be able to claim 4/5 * 8 = 6 years for example

partner skills would double your workload for the visa and exactly the same rules apply, quals, experience etc

state sponsorship is required as you are not on SOL but on CSOL is that right?

I'm looking into this at the moment I'm older at 33-39 (25) but have (15) for education, (5) for Australian work experience and (10) for uk and (10) for IELTS making 65. Cant cliam partner as they are aussie and don't need state sponsorship

best of luck, if you can get the education and it is acceptably dated 8+ years ago your in with a great shout

Thanks Pingpoma, you have actually may have just given me hope (feel free to take it away again)..... Right at this very moment to get to SA I would need to have 85 points, so I would need every single point that is available to me.

I would need the 20 points in IELTS which may be difficult but I would think achievable.

I have been a qualified broker for 8+ years.... so hopefully that will get me the 15 on work experience.

My partner has worked for the same company as a broker for 15 years and has the same qualification as me so I would have to pin my hopes on that being enough. (Cert CII = NVQ level 3 = Australian Diploma). I also hold a BTEC National Diploma in a completely irrelevant subject so hopefully that would give me the 10 points.

If VETASSES are the body to test my occupation skills. Who would asses my my education?

Thanks Pingpoma, you have actually may have just given me hope (feel free to take it away again)..... Right at this very moment to get to SA I would need to have 85 points, so I would need every single point that is available to me.

I would need the 20 points in IELTS which may be difficult but I would think achievable.

I have been a qualified broker for 8+ years.... so hopefully that will get me the 15 on work experience.

My partner has worked for the same company as a broker for 15 years and has the same qualification as me so I would have to pin my hopes on that being enough. (Cert CII = NVQ level 3 = Australian Diploma). I also hold a BTEC National Diploma in a completely irrelevant subject so hopefully that would give me the 10 points.

If VETASSES are the body to test my occupation skills. Who would asses my my education?

I think the education and experience has to be in the same nominated occupation

ie HND in carpentry with 15 years as a recruitment consultant can't be paired together. Please correct me anyone if I'm wrong

My NVQ level 3 is in my nominated ocupation. However I have been advised that partner skills can't be added anymore?

I still have hope though, just unlucky that wont give me extra points.

so to get the 190 visa now I need a job offer.

Who told you that partner skills can't be added? Its still on the DIBP website and I haven't seen that announced anywhere - must be a very recent change?

Who told you that partner skills can't be added? Its still on the DIBP website and I haven't seen that announced anywhere - must be a very recent change?

Kavita @ Migrate Abroad, yesterday. I agree it is still on the DIBP website so maybe it is super new and only she knows about it.

However even if the partner skills can be added and I can achieve 85 points I do like the sound of using Kavita as she will be sourcing employment for me so at the point of me emigrating I will already have a job which is appealing.

Kavita @ Migrate Abroad, yesterday. I agree it is still on the DIBP website so maybe it is super new and only she knows about it.

However even if the partner skills can be added and I can achieve 85 points I do like the sound of using Kavita as she will be sourcing employment for me so at the point of me emigrating I will already have a job which is appealing.

You should know that Kayita isn't a Mara registered agent, the agent number on their website is for:

[TABLE=class: searchResultTable]

[TR]

[TD]Maryann [/TD]

[TD] Young [/TD]

[TD] Oasis Australia Migration Legal Services [/TD]

[TD] SYDNEY [/TD]

[TD] NSW [/TD]

[TD] Australia[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

So chances are Maryann has been paid a sum to associate herself with Migrate Abroad but functionally will have little to do with their dealings. How would you expect a one man and his horse company to find you work from the UK? I would think very hard about giving these guys money.

You should know that Kayita isn't a Mara registered agent, the agent number on their website is for:

[TABLE=class: searchResultTable]

[TR]

[TD]Maryann[/TD]

[TD] Young[/TD]

[TD] Oasis Australia Migration Legal Services[/TD]

[TD] SYDNEY[/TD]

[TD] NSW[/TD]

[TD] Australia[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

So chances are Maryann has been paid a sum to associate herself with Migrate Abroad but functionally will have little to do with their dealings. How would you expect a one man and his horse company to find you work from the UK? I would think very hard about giving these guys money.

I assume they have a relationship with a recruitment agency and they would just manage that process. Migrate abroad has been used recently by another forum member who recommended their services hence why I contacted them. They are about the same price and offer this additional recruitment service.

I always think very hard before parting with money!

I assume they have a relationship with a recruitment agency and they would just manage that process. Migrate abroad has been used recently by another forum member who recommended their services hence why I contacted them. They are about the same price and offer this additional recruitment service.

I always think very hard before parting with money!

This seems to go on a lot, if you contact 'go matilda' you get 'emergico'

I agree that they are unlikely to offer anything at all when it comes to jobs, you are probably going to know more about your industry in oz than them!

This seems to go on a lot, if you contact 'go matilda' you get 'emergico'

I agree that they are unlikely to offer anything at all when it comes to jobs, you are probably going to know more about your industry in oz than them!

Well no, actually.

If you contact Go Matilda you get Go Matilda, working with our good friends at Emergico.

Best regards.

Well no, actually.

If you contact Go Matilda you get Go Matilda, working with our good friends at Emergico.

Best regards.

Alan, do you know anything about Partner Skills no longer counting where points are concerened (as mentioned higher up in the thread)?

I can't believe that this 'Kavita' is the only person to know about it, would be good to know one way or the other.....

Edited by Nemesis

Alan, do you know anything about Partner Skills no longer counting where points are concerened (as mentioned higher up in the thread)?

I can't believe that this 'Kavita' is the only person to know about it, would be good to know one way or the other.....

I'm not aware of it no longer being possible to claim points for partner skills - in other words, I believe it is still possible.

Best regards.

"However, we would still recommend starting the process so that are ready to lodge, as soon as possible if an opportunity arrises.

At the beginning of each financial year the State Migration Plans are negotiated by each State/Territory with the Federal Government. In so doing all eight States/Territories (States) effectively short list occupations that they will publish on their State Nomination Occupations Lists (SNOLs); for which they will accept nomination applications. Each occupation is subject to a quota which is renegotiated annually after the 1st July. Please note that thereafter the State Migration Plans (SMP’s) are regularly revised, and liable to change, due to the imposed ceilings and quotas. As a result nomination’s for your occupation could change before you are ready to apply for your State nomination. Although we cannot predict what State(s) will nominate your occupation in the future, we have noted that the best time to lodge State Nominated applications is in the latter half of the year, because the nominations peak shortly after the July State nomination renegotiations.

In the interim it may be prudent to get ‘decision ready’ by applying for a skill assessment which we can assist you with. This application, together with obtaining your English language test result can take approximately 4-6 months to achieve.

Only after this point will then be ‘decision ready’ (i.e.: ready to decide whether, or not, to apply). It is only after becoming ‘decision ready’ that you can apply for your State Nomination, should a Nomination still be available.

Should Nominations not be available, or if you are not happy with your nomination options, you can also decide to pursue a permanent employer sponsored ENS visa (Subclass 186): providing you obtain a satisfactory job offer AND you already have a skill assessment. Looking for Job offers is another option to pursue once you are ‘decision ready.’

Since the SMP’s are liable to change we would recommend that you proceed with your application without delay to avoid disappointment in the future, whether you are totally satisfied with your State/Territory nomination option, or not. We will regularly re-evaluate your State/Territory nomination options throughout the visa application process. If at any stage you require an update, please do not hesitate to contact us.

For these reasons above we would still recommend proceeding to get decision ready so that you are ready to lodge as soon as possible, if any new opportunities arise."

If he is not happy, then he can easily and simply just say no.