January 2016 - 189 visa applicants

Theresa13

We have just got our visas granted on Monday from visa application to grant - 26 days! We did it all ourselves no agent.

From first completing my ielts test to visa grant it took 8 months.

I dont know what your skill is but I had to complete an English test prior to submitting my skills assessment. Im a nurse and main applicant.

If I can I'll try and answer any questions but I'm not an expert.

Good luck. Sam x

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Priscilla101
My wife and i are just back from a holiday in Australia. We want to move straight back and I am going to apply for a visa 189. What do I need to do first? My skills test? My wife would need to take a career break and her pay would stop in September. From your experience could we be granted our visa before this or earlier if we got everything done on our side ASAP? I think we should be a pretty straightforward case. I think I score around 70 points. Al information appreciated.

thanks

Youre prob not going to get your answers on this thread as it is labeled as "Jan 2016 189 visa applicants." Ie a thread for those who have applied in Jan to keep updated with visa professions and grant letters. If you want specific info it might be better to see if another thread has the info you want or start your own

Visa granted this morning . For those still waiting my timeline is below. My husband submitted our application and the process was easy providing you read everything carefully and stick to deadlines. Also for those waiting we had no contact from the CO after we submitted our documents following a request for more info within 28 days, so no news sometimes is good news. I hope this helps some people in working out processing and grant times. I will add our application was simple ie no health issues, same employer etc.

Visa granted this morning í*½í¸Š. For those still waiting my timeline is below. My husband submitted our application and the process was easy providing you read everything carefully and stick to deadlines. Also for those waiting we had no contact from the CO after we submitted our documents following a request for more info within 28 days, so no news sometimes is good news. I hope this helps some people in working out processing and grant times. I will add our application was simple ie no health issues, same employer etc.

Congrats Theresa!

Congratulations theresa....

Visa granted this morning . For those still waiting my timeline is below. My husband submitted our application and the process was easy providing you read everything carefully and stick to deadlines. Also for those waiting we had no contact from the CO after we submitted our documents following a request for more info within 28 days, so no news sometimes is good news. I hope this helps some people in working out processing and grant times. I will add our application was simple ie no health issues, same employer etc.

Jorge Avila, looking at your dates you are about 4 weeks behind my timeline and we have just had our visa issued. Our timeline is listed below. I will add that it was straightforward with no complicated history, meds, clear police checks, same local government employer etc. Form 80, Police checks and the medical booking were uploaded within the 28 days from CO request however the actual medical reports took 10 days to upload so went over which was clearly not problem as issued. As we were not in a hurry we also did not press the application complete button which I understand can be used if you feel the application is ready to be assessed. I hope this helps.

Jorge Avila, looking at your dates you are about 4 weeks behind my timeline and we have just had our visa issued. Our timeline is listed below. I will add that it was straightforward with no complicated history, meds, clear police checks, same local government employer etc. Form 80, Police checks and the medical booking were uploaded within the 28 days from CO request however the actual medical reports took 10 days to upload so went over which was clearly not problem as issued. As we were not in a hurry we also did not press the application complete button which I understand can be used if you feel the application is ready to be assessed. I hope this helps.

Could I ask if this is in the first instance when you submit documentation and BEFORE the CO is assigned? Or is this even after the CO has contacted for additional info that you need to hit the button again to say application completed? Asking because we are using an agent and I dont have access to see the system!

Thanks

KnK

I honestly don't have a clue of how DIBP works. Granted times seems to be pretty random. Analyzing some patterns I would say they really depend on occupations to grant visas. It is just my guess. I hope they are quick.

Hi all, I need to supply further information to prove de facto relationship and end of previous relationship ..... is there a template for the statutory declaration for either of these? Any help is appreciated.

Send me a PM and I will help! I did not have problems at all at this point. cheers

Hello everybody. I ve been a silent reader of this forum til now. Reading the posts, I noticed sth. So I decided to register and share my thought asking for others ideas.

I looked at the occupation ceilings issued by DIBP. THIS LINK:

https://www.border.gov.au/Busi/Empl/skillselect

I saw that SOME occupations are reaching/have already reached the ceiling! namely my occupation which is industrial eng. Having seen those waiting for their visa, I noticed the waiting time for those whose occupations are reaching the ceiling is much longer! I mean from the time of submission of additional docs asked by the CO til the time of visa grant. any confirmations about this?

I lodged my application on 1st January.

ITA for 189 visa on 21st January.

Submitted all Documents by 28th January.

Got email from CO on 2nd March asking for PCC which I uploaded on the same day. Since then no word from CO. Neither I have his contact number or email id. The email I got was from gsm.allocated@border.gov.au

Any one knows what should I do.

I lodged my application on 1st January.

ITA for 189 visa on 21st January.

Submitted all Documents by 28th January.

Got email from CO on 2nd March asking for PCC which I uploaded on the same day. Since then no word from CO. Neither I have his contact number or email id. The email I got was from gsm.allocated@border.gov.au

Any one knows what should I do.

There isn't much you can do really. Once the 3 months are completed since last contact, so 3 months after March 2nd you can call for an update however you tend to get a standard response that your application is being processed and you will be contacted if they need more information. There isnt any indication of which step in the process you are or how much more time they need, which is what frustrates us all

Just have to hang in there.......there are so many of us waiting for longer than you so welcome to the club!!!

Cheers

KnK

Hi Guys, Just got the phonecall from my agent. VISA GRANTED! :jiggy:

44 days since CO contact

61 days since application lodged

Good luck to all those still waiting!

Congratulations!

Can I ask if it is just yourself or are you taking family?

I got EOI approved and Visa invitation on 17- Dec- 2015.

I paid fees and submitted my application for Skilled independent 189 (Electronics Engineer) on 18-Jan-2016.

Got health assessment on 04-Feb-2016, Uploaded all recommended documents along with PCC.

Health assessment results (including my wife) updated positively on 08-02-2016.

since then I haven't got any e-mail from DIBP and status of my pplication in immiaccount is "Application Received".

pls guide what should I do now.

also one more question do I have to upload Form 80 & Form 1221 as these are not recommended.

pls help!!