January 2016 - 189 visa applicants

Theresa13

Yay! Best news ever today. I've been checking my email every morning in anticipation for about a week after seeing everyone receiving their grants. Got ours today - Yay! Bit devastated that I had to go to work today. Definitely wanted to crack open the champagne...at 7am in the morning.

Huge thanks to everyone on this forum for their help, guidance, advice and predictions (captain c). Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Congratz! Please pray for us as well.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Friends ,

I have submitted EOI on 1st March 2016. My score is 60 points . Job 263312 :Telecom network engineer. IELTS : Competent

I have few queries .

1. Is there any chance to get EOI in this month or next ?

2. Can I select visa type 189 and 190 while submitting EOI ?

3. Any other suggestions are welcome .

Just had contact for the first time asking for more documents, maybe you guys can help

they've asked for

1. Police clearance certificate - 'No Live Trace' result

2. Further evidence of employment

1. I have already send them an Australian police check and a UK police check which clearly says No live trace on the document and I can see its there, uploaded on their system. I've sent them an email saying can they not see it? Shall I send it again? or have I got the wrong one :S ? UKPolicepomsinoz.jpg

2. Further evidence of employment is a little bit of a sticky one, so any help is appreciated.

I sent every bankstatment to them for the last 12 years, All my payslips went to vetassess and never came back, but still they wouldn't have my role on there.

Ive been asked for evidence in "roles" in 10 of my jobs

in which 3 are completely shut down and all the others do not have anything on their system past 3 years

what can I do about the closed down ones? and the ones I cant get information from them as its past the 3 year mark

Any advice appreciated

Kind regards

Luke

PS: I'm a Chef

UKPolicepomsinoz.jpg

Edited by lukescotty

Just had contact for the first time asking for more documents, maybe you guys can help

they've asked for

1. Police clearance certificate - 'No Live Trace' result

2. Further evidence of employment

1. I have already send them an Australian police check and a UK police check which clearly says No live trace on the document and I can see its there, uploaded on their system. I've sent them an email saying can they not see it? Shall I send it again? or have I got the wrong one :S ? [ATTACH=CONFIG]33063[/ATTACH]

2. Further evidence of employment is a little bit of a sticky one, so any help is appreciated.

I sent every bankstatment to them for the last 12 years, All my payslips went to vetassess and never came back, but still they wouldn't have my role on there.

Ive been asked for evidence in "roles" in 10 of my jobs

in which 3 are completely shut down and all the others do not have anything on their system past 3 years

what can I do about the closed down ones? and the ones I cant get information from them as its past the 3 year mark

Any advice appreciated

Kind regards

Luke

PS: I'm a Chef

What they mean by the police check is that you have a stepped down conviction and you must provide evidence of what that conviction was.

'No Trace' if there is nothing on your record

'No Live Trace' is there is something on your record that has been stepped down

'Live trace' if you have a recent record that hasn't yet been stepped down.

Hi all,

Just received 'auto-generated letter'; 189 granted. I express interest around 18 Jan for a family of five, got invited on 22 jan, submitted 189 application on 25. CO contacted me on 11 Feb asked for form 80 for me and OH which was submitted on 15 Feb. I front loaded other doc including police check and did medical before CO contact. Thanks to everyone posting on this forum, I gained a lot of info that enabled me to apply without needs of immigration agency

Hi all,

Just received 'auto-generated letter'; 189 granted. I express interest around 18 Jan for a family of five, got invited on 22 jan, submitted 189 application on 25. CO contacted me on 11 Feb asked for form 80 for me and OH which was submitted on 15 Feb. I front loaded other doc including police check and did medical before CO contact. Thanks to everyone posting on this forum, I gained a lot of info that enabled me to apply without needs of immigration agency

Congratulations

Hi all,

Congratulations to you guys and gives us hope ours is on its way....we uploaded Form 80 and PCC on Feb 8th, everything else front loaded and waiting to hear back. Its just the 2 of us on the application, no kids, which is why I hope it comes through soon!!!

KnK

Hi all, congratulations to all those who have been granted a visa! I lodged my 189 application on 11/3/16 and front loaded all documents except for medical. I thought it was best to wait for the medical as I had already started the application and I read if done early it could cause some confusion, however, now I have submitted should I wait for the co to contact me? ....

Also.....

Do they often request a form 80 from both the main applicant and second applicant?

Does my 16 year old non migrating child also need to do a medical?

Thanks in advance for any useful information! :-)

Edited by lisab

Hi all, congratulations to all those who have been granted a visa! I lodged my 189 application on 11/3/16 and front loaded all documents except for medical. I thought it was best to wait for the medical as I had already started the application and I read if done early it could cause some confusion, however, now I have submitted should I wait for the co to contact me? .....

It isn't necessary to wait for a request. You can click on 'Get Health Details' on the eLodgment page beneath each applicant. You'll then complete a medical questionnaire and then be able to generate the HAP ID (top right corner of you printout).

You need the HAP ID for each applicant I order to book the appointment.

I have the same timeline Kenneth:

Invited early Jan and submitted that day (including PCC and medical)

CO assigned in Feb 10th asking for Form 80

Form 80 submitted Feb 11th

STILL WAITING! Let me know when you get your as it is driving me mad and hearing that someone else on a similar timeline has received theirs may help my sanity!

Good luck with the house sale, no experience on visas other than the above - wish I could help!

Same for us, submitted early Jan, CO assigned mid Jan, luckily we finished medicals before so all we had to do complete was Form 80, PCC and get hold of our birth certificates (born in Kuwait!)

Resubmitted everything on Feb 8th and now the wait begins, lets hope it's quick and painless now (i wish!)

KnK

Edited by CaptainC
Fixed quote

OH WOW, thanks for the update! I have almost exact same timeline Aidenw (only just for me, no family members). Maybe there is hope it will come through soon!

Appreciate the update!! Best of luck!

Hi all,

I am planning to lodge my application for visa189 on monday.My wife is pregnant(3 month) is it possible to do xray if CO instructed? Anybody pass thru same condition please do reply. Also if visa grant before 7months is it possible to travel to aussie and deliver there? Please reply

I have the same timeline Kenneth:

Invited early Jan and submitted that day (including PCC and medical)

CO assigned in Feb 10th asking for Form 80

Form 80 submitted Feb 11th

STILL WAITING! Let me know when you get your as it is driving me mad and hearing that someone else on a similar timeline has received theirs may help my sanity!

Good luck with the house sale, no experience on visas other than the above - wish I could help!

Thanks CDOG, the wait is killing us too. We are pretty much in Australia already anticipating a quick response so it's just terrible to keep waiting with no updates. I do get worried seeing other posts of people waiting almost a year but I do accept there are many more people who get it in record time but obviously dont post on here. I am now banking on the 3 month time frame for a response.

We are at 6 weeks since Feb 8th so that window is out, and my agent said last week that things have been slowing down a lot recently which means we may have to wait longer which is horrible. The more we wait, the later we can put our home up for sale which eats into the right time to get the right sale price.

We just tell ourselves that until we get the PR we just cannot assume anything and live day by day!!! I know that's what everyone's doing. Luckily its just the two of us with no kids or family to manage, I do understand how much more stressful it must be for others with so many other things to put in place before moving

Lets hope we all get it soon

KnK

I applied 189 visa.i am a secondary applicant and co asked me to provide relationship evidence of my partner marriage certificate evidence of your relationship with your spouse evidence that your relationship has ended with your former spouse or de facto partner and did anybody received checklist like as mine ...thank you

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk