January 2016 - 189 visa applicants

Theresa13

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic news! My visa has been granted :)

Thanks for all your help and support, especially to #CaptainC

Critical Care and Emergency Nurse: Skills Assessment 31/08/15, EOI 05/10/15, Invitation 07/01/16, Application sent 14/01/16 (All documents and PCC uploaded) CO 25/01/16, Medical completed 05/02/16, Form 80 27/03/16, visa granted 03/03/16

Good luck to everyone! :)

ANZSCO code 224111

Skills assessment submitted 28/08/15

Positive outcome 23/11/ 2015

IELTS Overall 8 09/10/2015

EOI submitted 1/12/2015

Invitation. 4/12/2015

Submitted application 8/01/2016

CO Assigned 20/01/2016 Health and form 1399

Visa Grant 01/03/2016!!!!!! Whoop whoop

Congratulations Anesupaida!

Can you please confirm what date did you upload all your documents and medicals?

Critical Care and Emergency Nurse: Skills Assessment 31/08/15, EOI 05/10/15, Invitation 07/01/16, Application sent 14/01/16 (All documents and PCC uploaded) CO 25/01/16, Medical completed 05/02/16, Form 80 27/03/16, visa granted 03/03/16

Congratulations!!

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Just to let everyone know i got my 189 visa excepted yesterday.

EOI 14th jan, Invited 22nd Jan CO on the 8th feb asking for OZ police check. Submitted that on the 14th Feb Granted 4th March.

So all in about 6 weeks it took.

Also ill let you know that i sent a email to my CO asking to speed up my application due to a job offer that i got given. i sent that on the thursday 3rd march then got my grant the next day.

Pretty good for a quick turn around id say.

Congratulations to all who are getting your visas.

Are you all independent travellers or are you taking dependents with you?

Im awaiting our visa to be confirmed, my husband and 19yr old son. We submitted 189 26th Jan, police checks and Medicals done, all docs including form 80 uploaded ( my agent got us to fill it in anyway).

Just wondering if these 6 week quick decisions are because you have simpler applications? Im thinking my son will make it take longer than you guys?

Anyone know of anyone who had teenage dependents approved recently? If so how long did they take to approve?

Im awaiting our visa to be confirmed, my husband and 19yr old son. We submitted 189 26th Jan, police checks and Medicals done, all docs including form 80 uploaded ( my agent got us to fill it in anyway).

Just wondering if these 6 week quick decisions are because you have simpler applications? Im thinking my son will make it take longer than you guys?

Anyone know of anyone who had teenage dependents approved recently? If so how long did they take to approve?

Yeah I'm the only applicant and not sure if it helps that I'm already in oz.

Just to let everyone know i got my 189 visa excepted yesterday.

EOI 14th jan, Invited 22nd Jan CO on the 8th feb asking for OZ police check. Submitted that on the 14th Feb Granted 4th March.

So all in about 6 weeks it took.

Also ill let you know that i sent a email to my CO asking to speed up my application due to a job offer that i got given. i sent that on the thursday 3rd march then got my grant the next day.

Pretty good for a quick turn around id say.

Congratulations!! Very quick turnaround!

Multiple applicants do make the process longer in general. They assess each person in an application individually, and if one applicant takes longer to assess than the rest then the decision is not made until assessment of all applicants is completed.

Younger children are not subject to such stringent checks on character and employment for obvious reasons, but this changes as children hit the age of 16.

Congratulations to everyone who had their grants through since my last post on here. I have applied with my partner and now telling myself thats the reason it's taking more time. That and the fact we were both born in Kuwait and lived there for many years before moving back, this could be another big factor. Our travels havent helped us in anyway too, all over Asia, Middle East and Europe in the last 10 years..... filling Form 80 was the worst 4 hours of our lives :)

I did drop a casual hello email to our agent on Friday and told him to give us a call 24/7 when he gets the grant through, he works late hours and up middle of the night on Oz time for applications so I am now waiting for a call very soon anytime after midnight!!!!

Plus, Im starting to lose all my finger nails waiting.....

KnK

Congrats to all those receiving grants! Quick query...for some reason I can't upload my Form 80 in addition to my National Police Check...won't let me select it in drop down menu for the Evidence of Character. Any suggestions??

Hi guys,

The grants seem to be getting quicker! Congrats to everyone who's had theirs.

Does anyone know an easy way of making form 80, one document? Apart from scanning and uploading each page, I haven't got a clue! Also if I did upload each page, that would take me right over the maximum amount of documents! Cheers.

Hi guys,

The grants seem to be getting quicker! Congrats to everyone who's had theirs.

Does anyone know an easy way of making form 80, one document? Apart from scanning and uploading each page, I haven't got a clue! Also if I did upload each page, that would take me right over the maximum amount of documents! Cheers.

We have an HP all in one, and there is an option to combine all scans into a single doc, so as we scan an additional page it just adds it to the same pdf document. Also made the DPI setting low to keep the overall doc size small.

If you do a little google search based on your model you should be able to sort it out. If not, let us know and we can help!

KnK

Hello Everyone,

My CO only requested PC and my employment details and not form 80. Is form 80 required in all the cases or its case specific?

What should I do? Shall I wait for my CO to request for it. Its been around a month since I've provided all the required documents.

Hope to receive my visa grant soon.... fingers crossed..

Invitation Date: 22/01/2016, ANZSCO CODE: 233512, Visa applied: 23/01/2016, Medical uploaded: 25/01/2016, CO assigned: 08/02/2016, PC and other documents uploaded: 12/02/2016, Current status: Assessment in Progress

Edited by GarrySingh
require more information

Hello Everyone,

My CO only requested PC and my employment details and not form 80. Is form 80 required in all the cases or its case specific?

What should I do? Shall I wait for my CO to request for it. Its been around a month since I've provided all the required documents.

Hope to receive my visa grant soon.... fingers crossed..

Invitation Date: 22/01/2016, ANZSCO CODE: 233512, Visa applied: 23/01/2016, Medical uploaded: 25/01/2016, CO assigned: 08/02/2016, PC and other documents uploaded: 12/02/2016, Current status: Assessment in Progress

I think you should wait for CO to ask for Form 80. Not all CO asked Form 80, I learnt!

Yay! Best news ever today. I've been checking my email every morning in anticipation for about a week after seeing everyone receiving their grants. Got ours today - Yay! Bit devastated that I had to go to work today. Definitely wanted to crack open the champagne...at 7am in the morning.

Huge thanks to everyone on this forum for their help, guidance, advice and predictions (captain c). Good luck to everyone still waiting.