January 2016 - 189 visa applicants

Theresa13

Nothing from my side as well. It seems like this wait is never ending..

Last week, I have emailed to DIBP, asking them about my application status. I've written in my email that it is in DIBP Service level agreement to process the 189 visas in 3 months. Haven't got a reply from them yet, apart from that automated reply that they have received my email.

Let's see what they say. Will share with you guys accordingly.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed them a question at the start, and it took them 6 weeks to reply, it was actually like 20min before they update me for further documents. So in my head, was they only looking at my email because they was on the case, or update the case because of the email... I reckon they'll have a huge back log of emails.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Great to see so many applicants here. I had lodged my application back in Dec, 2nd 2015. I am still waiting for the grant. Its more than 8 months. Is there anyone here, who has been waiting this long? Another problem is I have just 60 points, so that's even a problem I wonder. Kindly post your suggestions, if any.

Thanks,

Sulav

Hi Bobbie2016,

No I have got my invite in Nov 2015 and lodged my visa in Dec 2nd, 2015. CO from Adelaide contacted me for documents on Dec 16, 2016. I got all the documents submitted by Jan 12 2016. Following which there was no response from the DIBP, except once in June, 2016 for Job Verification from my local country Embassy. Then again there is no moves. I have applied as Computer and Network System Engineer.

Thanks,

Sulav

Sulav have you uploaded any documents since Jan 12th ?

@lukescotty - Hello !! No they haven't asked me anything since then. And I have everything uploaded. From form 80 , payslips, tax, PCC, medical, education, work related docs everything. Nothing was asked after that. My status shows "Assessment in Progress". I have mailed them twice asking if anything is needed from my end. They always say, no more document is needed, but the assessment is in progress and they can't confirm by when they can grant visa.

Highly annoying for you more than me, although I submitted my visa 8th dec, uploaded all docs on the Jan 2nd.

But I've been asked for further documents twice, the last one being April 12th, but nothing since..... therefore I was going to say, if you had been asked, then I'd count the months from, the Unofficial complete application date. I've been waiting 8 months, but really only 4 months.

I havnt bothered emailing them or calling them, because I reckon I'll get the same responses as you have... and I cant see them answering my questions over the phone... they must get them all the time.

Highly annoying for you more than me, although I submitted my visa 8th dec, uploaded all docs on the Jan 2nd.

But I've been asked for further documents twice, the last one being April 12th, but nothing since..... therefore I was going to say, if you had been asked, then I'd count the months from, the Unofficial complete application date. I've been waiting 8 months, but really only 4 months.

I havnt bothered emailing them or calling them, because I reckon I'll get the same responses as you have... and I cant see them answering my questions over the phone... they must get them all the time.

@lukescoty No friend no communication from them. Only in june this year I had got a call for verification of my Job, roles and responsibilities from Australian Embassy in India. That's it. Nothing after that.

I can't agree with you more with @lukescotty, and I also feel at least there is some movement in your application @ Sulav Patel which is a good sign. I don't think 60 points should be a problem as that is the minimum required points in that category and I also have 60 points. It could however, move our applications down the pile which could be the possible cause of the delay.

Is there any way to contact DIBP directly? My agent doesn't want to query them and it has been around 3 months ever since we submitted the last update to them (21st May, 2016).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Priscilla101

Hi guys. Yea I'm here in Melbourne. Been here a week or so: Get keys to unit and car tomorrow. Kid in school Monday and I start work wed. Flys by. Small unit (think mini house) 10 mins from the beach, it's beautiful. But.... Right now it's damn cold in Melbourne at 12 degrees. Hope you all get sorted soon for when the weather warms up

Hey Guys..

I hope everyone is doing fine. I've emailed DIBP on July (12th) asking about my status on the visa. I've got their reply on July (28th) that, they understand that the delay is causing concern and they are doing everything to process this application as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, I came to know that DIBP has asked for verification from my employee. Though, my HR manager has replied to DIBP confirming my details, but he has done that after third enquiry, just 10 days back (f*** my HR Mngr)

I think out of all the visa applications, some guys like us has to undergo a complete round of checks and embassy verifies everything in our cases (Employement history, education etc.) So hang in there guys, there is some development going on in all the cases, may be late but better late than never.

Will update you folks of any further development.. Best of luck to everyone..

Edited by GarrySingh