January 2016 - 189 visa applicants

Theresa13

Hi all, I AM NOT HERE TO GLOAT/BRAG/MAKE ANYONE FEEL ANXIOUS, simply to shed some light and answer any questions about my process. My story so far is...

I applied on 31st March and the visa got granted today.

Even though it only took 7 weeks, I think its true that all cases are different and there it no predictability as to when things may or may not happen. As you all know the application is the easy bit, the effort that goes into collecting and preparing all evidence is the biggest ask. 7 weeks from submission to approval sounds good but it has been 2 years in the making collecting all the credentials.

Good luck to all those who trawl these threads looking for positive reinforcement or answers to those questions that pop into your head at 2am in the morning, I know as I have been using these forums for two years to guide and support me through the process. It will happen when it is time, unfortunately no matter how many times you refresh your emails or log into your immi account it is simply in someone else's hands. Have faith and be well.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I've got an email this morning from DIBP that after review, my visa application is undergoing routine checks and they will contact me if anything else is required.

The main thing is that they have mentioned [DLM- Sensitive] in the subject. Sensitive in red colour is also written at the end of the email. Can anyone guide me what is the reason for this. I am really worried now because its been 4 months and there aren't any signs of getting the grant soon.. Are they going to reject my application..?

Hi guys,

I've got an email this morning from DIBP that after review, my visa application is undergoing routine checks and they will contact me if anything else is required.

The main thing is that they have mentioned [DLM- Sensitive] in the subject. Sensitive in red colour is also written at the end of the email. Can anyone guide me what is the reason for this. I am really worried now because its been 4 months and there aren't any signs of getting the grant soon.. Are they going to reject my application..?

Did you ask any questions from DIBP? or they just sent this mail?

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

@GarrySingh I've pull this from another forum, hope this helps

"The letters DLM = Sensitive are intented for their mailing system to mark the letter as sensitive. This implies that the mail contains personal information and identifiers including names or addresses and/ or passport numbers etc - some information that identifies you and if in the wrong hands may be misused. It is part of DIAC to proect to information as sentive and marking emails as such is part of that effort."

So i was wondering, i know that DIBP's new year starts from July 1st where all the allocations get reset. How does that affect people who have applied, but haven't heard anything back ?

It doesn't. If you've already applied, your application will still be processed once your CO has reviewed your submission.

@febin42 your posting in a thread for January applicants.

Does this really look like a thread for vetassess and electrician queries ?????

I'm Fed up of people bring this thread up for questions not relating to January Applicants... Find the answer by searching and reading through other threads! There is alot of information on this website and there is also alot of people who are lazy and want answers given to them.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JANUARY 2016 - 189 VISA APPLICANTS <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Edited by lukescotty

Guest Priscilla101
@Priscilla101: I have applied 22nd January 2016, CO assigned on 28th January. All the required documents were uploaded on 12th Feb.

@abey1: Yes I've written an email to DIBP to enquire about my current status, as it has been over 4 months and still no response.

Wasn't referring to you. I was just making a general statement. And it seems I'm not the only one who's perturbed by it.

Guest Priscilla101
Question:

I want to get ACS assessment for me. I have all the experience letters.

Can anybody suggest how can I obtain co-worker reference affidavit in India? Have anybody on this forum done it in India recently?

Q2: How difficult it is to get ACS done? Does anybody have a sample actual reference letter from India.

@GarrySingh this is what I was referring to. This has nothing to do with applicants who applied in Jan on a 189 visa. It's annoying and disrespectful when people continue to do this. @Shivali this thread is for people who have applied on a 189 visa, not an ACS assessment. This site is English people (poms) applying. Not suggesting others can't but I doubt anyone will know about Indian processes. Even if they did, why this thread????

@thelostcrab: Yes. DIBP sent me an email that my visa application is ongoing routine checks. I don't know what kinda checks they are still doing after a 4 month period. @Priscilla101:. I'm sorry, I thought you were referring to me. :-).

Is any January applicant still waiting for his/her grant or I'm the lone warrior...lol.

There are quite a few of us waiting and looks like their 'background' checks are taking forever. I called them when I was in Australia last week and their cheeky answer was if you have been asked for further information then there is no time line applicable, can take up to 6 months. This is ridiculous because unless an applicant front loads every single document they will always be asked for additional docs like PCC, medicals etc.....frustrating indeed for all of us

KnK

still a few of us!! unless they've not updated us :S

Myself @Kenfrapin @GarrySingh @Priscilla101 @thelostcrab @Charlottehill76

I only went back ten pages.... I got distracted by @Priscilla101 's responses to people's "just been granted" messages, they're hilarious!!! clearly boasting in the January thread because they've got no one to tell.

Would be good to get a date from each of you, of last submission of documents to CO... see if we can see a pattern.

My Last submitted document was on the 12th April (a couple of documents for employment history)

I'm still here waiting!!

I also agree that those posting on this feed very annoying as when I get email updates I'm thinking one of us has had some good news ... only to read something that's not even close to being relevant!

My last documents uploaded by agent last Tuesday. - form 47a and other bits of evidence were requested for 19yr son.

Will keep you posted let's hope it not long for us now..

Hello all,

My last uploaded document by the agent was the clear copy of my bachelor's transcript as the one submitted earlier was not very sharp. This was uploaded on the 30th March,16 and after that we have not heard anything. This was the only additional information asked so far. All my other documents were uploaded on the 29th Feb.

I will keep everyone posted as soon as I hear anything from DIBP.

Crab

Mine is exactly as my signature states. Only contact on Jan 19th for Form 80. Also asked for missus PTE and work reference letters (irrelevant as reference letters already uploaded and missus is secondary applicant with British passport so doesnt have to show proof for English skills)

Docs upload Feb 8th and radio silence ever since....................

KnK

Guest Priscilla101

Sorry guys. Mine was granted end of March (I wrote a very detailed letter explaining that my ex husband lives off grid so couldn't provide data re my daughter and his consent. They didn't respond but granted the visas) But still keeping fingers crossed for you.