January 2016 - 189 visa applicants

Theresa13

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Priscilla101
Visa granted!!!!! All documents front loaded and only took 2 weeks from submission to grant!!!! Whoop whoop!!

Congrats but I guess that's not a Jan visa application then ?

Guest Priscilla101
Thank you! No we only lodged our application on 18th April. Can't believe how quickly it has come through!

So why post on this thread?

Hi Everyone,

I have just joined this forum now as I wanted to know more on the timelines of the visa. Great to see so many people getting quick visas. Sad to know that there has been a delay for some of us. I just wanted to share my timeline. I feel very frustrated at the moment since it has been 9 weeks now ever since the agent has submitted the application and we have heard nothing from the CO after that.

IELTS 24/10/15.

EOI-65 points as an EHO sub 25/10/15.

EOI Invite- 23/11/15 (189)

CO allocation 12/2/16.

Request from CO for more info,Form 80,Meds &Police Check - 12/2/16

Police check and medical submission 20/2/16.

Visa Application - 29/2/16

Grant- Awaited

Could we suggest to anyone posting here that this thread is specifically intended for people who applied in Jan '16 and waiting to get their grants through.

If you applied in any other month and have been successful OR waiting for the grant to come through then PLEASE start a new post or find an existing one relevant to your timeline

Posting from any other month really doesnt help this thread as it's meant for those of us in the Jan 16 month

Thanks!

KnK

A quick email to check on how many on here still waiting? Our agent has tried to contact the CO for updates but no luck so far. We are now packing for our 2 weeks trip and have to apply for the online eVisa this weekend, never thought I'd have to do this coz we were soooo confident that come May we would have our PRs in hand.

Looks like the wait continues and I hope it comes through we are back end of the month!

KnK

Hello everyone,

We have applied for a 189 skilled visa this began in Feb 2015, we have just completed our medicals so that should be the last thing although we are awaiting on a report coming from the doctor for one of our children (i keep calling the hospital and alls i keep hearing is "he is very busy you know and patients do come first" I would pay for the damn report if he would do it quicker.. we have sold everything we literally own nothing at the moment apart from our clothes and our car and that is going soon!! we are living at parents (they have moved out) although relationships are strained as this has gone on for a lot longer than expected... this morning i have had a complete melt down, totally and utterly fed up!! i feel i need to either start a life in the uk or we need a decision either way, has anyone else felt like this at some stage... gets to a point where you feel exhausted and you just know even when you get to Australia its going to another hard slog!! don't get me wrong I'm not giving up and i am going to do it... just fed up of feeling squashed in a houses what isn't big enough, just not been living in your own home for over a year!! sorry to moan its just the way I'm feeling today, maybe tomorrow ill feel differently!!

• 2 weeks later...

We are still waiting...its been over three months since submition and they are still asking for

more forms and evidence ! Dependency form requested today, last lot of evidence were sent 5 weeks ago. New case officer has decided to get us to jump through more bloody hoops..

I just want to scream and cry...Im starting to think our dream is over!!

Hi Charlotte,

I think its a long hard slog for everyone so don't be disgruntled!! we are going through a migration agent so we didn't have the issues that you are having with the information that they are requesting.. The migration agent just kept asking us for more and more forms, more and more things needed filling in and we thought what you are thinking now. By the time we got the the case officer the majority, almost all the information was there.. We had to obtain a dependency form also.. It would put a lot of people off but just stick at it we have and hopefully its going to pay off soon.. Our case has been going on for a long while and it has took its toll believe me it has been hard and it still is.. I suppose it sieves out the people who are really serious in migrating and are willing to see it through. I have been told its really worth it and i am hoping it is going to be all its cracked up to be! you only live once , keep going.

Michele

Hi Charlotte,

I think its a long hard slog for everyone so don't be disgruntled!! we are going through a migration agent so we didn't have the issues that you are having with the information that they are requesting.. The migration agent just kept asking us for more and more forms, more and more things needed filling in and we thought what you are thinking now. By the time we got the the case officer the majority, almost all the information was there.. We had to obtain a dependency form also.. It would put a lot of people off but just stick at it we have and hopefully its going to pay off soon.. Our case has been going on for a long while and it has took its toll believe me it has been hard and it still is.. I suppose it sieves out the people who are really serious in migrating and are willing to see it through. I have been told its really worth it and i am hoping it is going to be all its cracked up to be! you only live once , keep going.

Michele

Thanks for the support.

I know we'r not the only ones and there's others who have been waiting a lot longer.

We are with an agent too, but they have been asking for all our evidence and form 80 x3 after submitting our application, which we had felt should have been uploaded to her office in Uk before submitting to save as much time waiting as possible.

Although this 47a form we were not expecting .. It's so frustrating as the info is the same as what we gave sent already apart from my son's CV!

it'll come eventually Charlotte keep in there.

I Still haven't heard anything from mine for 5 weeks since last document upload. I'm half expecting a 4th "more information needed" because the last 3 emails from them were :S.

I cant be 100% sure but some where down the line, i've been told you don't get assigned a case officer anymore. You're application gets put through a production line of case officers (to stop people from rejecting applicants because their having a bad day at work) and that it doesn't matter whether it says Brisbane or Adelaide as it acts as one. Hence why the first time.... to the 3 document requests, have been sent from a different case officer each time.

Application submitted on 2nd Jan, front loaded

Hi guys

Spoke to DIBP yesterday. So much easier to get them on the phone when you are in Australia. So it looks like the 3 month processing time no longer applies if you have been asked for additional documentation. The person I spoke to was clearly reading from a script. The first question was when I applied which was Dec 31st and the next question was if I was asked for additional documentation. When I said yes, that was asked and provided Feb 8th so over 3 months back.

The immediate reply was if you are asked for extra documentation then it means they need to do more checks and it will take longer than 3 months which I found to he really stupid.

They are are now asking for additional documentation by default and in our case even if we did front load all docs the CO simply would have asked for my partner English test which wasn't ever required because she is British. Looks like they are trying to use this as a reason to hide the fact they have a huge backlog and definitely not able to process visas within 3 months.

The agent said that the 3 month only applies to those who were never asked for additional documentation which is ridiculous because 99% of us only provide Medicaid and PCC after we are asked for it. So in reality the 3 month processing time is not applicable to 99% of the applicants. The agent said if you have been asked for additional documentation then it could take up to 6 months and there is no timeline, we just have to wait patiently.

Really pathetic, nothing else I can add to this. The DIBP should inform all migration agents and applicants to now front load docs and remove the 12 month limit for Medicaid and PCC if this is their new rule!!!

KnK

Hi Knk,

on a 189 skilled visa whoever's is the skilled applicant has to take the English test whether you are English or not in order to obtain enough points to qualify for the visa. We lodged ours around 2 month ago, we have been asked to provide police checks which we did straight away.. although we have been waiting for a medical form to be filled in and sent off from the hospital which has held us up a little, this will be going off this week and hopefully fingers crossed once received we will only be waiting another month or so.. I think the waiting is the same for anyone.

Michele

Hello all,

It is an awesome forum here and got to learn a lot about how timelines work with DIBP.

My story - The last document needed was uploaded on 25th Jan,2016 and it has been radio silence ever since. My agent emailed DIPB 3 weeks ago and they said they don't need anything, just doing background checks. Not sure how long does that take, as i'll be 4 months next week.

Does anyone know how long do these background checks go for ?

Hello,

I have spoken to my agent he said that it varies from case to case. There is no particular time as of when will the checks be completed. It can take from 1 month up to 6 months in general and can go up to 12 months. He also told me that people who have submitted everything in Dec 15 are still waiting for the visas and those who submitted in March got it in April. So basically, there is no specific criteria or time period defined. All we have to do is to wait.

Crab

would be nice for them to specify their structure in more detail. I'm a 2nd Jan Applicant (paid for visa 8th December)... but am i really?? since I've provided further information 2 extra times for "employment history" last information i sent was 5 weeks ago, do you reckon i'm now an April applicant...... I wonder if I go to the back of the queue. It must be, seen as there up to 9 March 2016, but even when they was up to January 2nd (at the time) i didn't hear from them until at least 3 weeks after.

I've gone passed the point of caring so much and it'll come when it comes. :S but my only frustration is looking at immi tracker and seeing these so called 'high risk countries' submitted their visa on eg: 17/04/16 getting a co response on 28/04/16, responding back on the 17/05/16 and getting granted two day later.

Edited by lukescotty

Hello,

I have spoken to my agent he said that it varies from case to case. There is no particular time as of when will the checks be completed. It can take from 1 month up to 6 months in general and can go up to 12 months. He also told me that people who have submitted everything in Dec 15 are still waiting for the visas and those who submitted in March got it in April. So basically, there is no specific criteria or time period defined. All we have to do is to wait.

Crab

Hello,

Crab

Thanks for the reply Crab. I hope it is not too long. 12 months seems to long for a background check. Like you said, all we can do is wait. Sigh !