Where to stay in Thailand?

Guest gemmahey

Guest gemmahey

My partner and I are stopping at Dubai and Thailand on our ONE way flights to Oz (hehe)

Just wondering if any one has stopped in Thailand and where is nice to stay for a week?:unsure:

Was thinking Koh Sumi, Has any one stayed there?

Any suggestions would be great

Gemma and Dave

Guest jenny4nails

Hi Gemma & Dave

Depends what kind of thing you like, but we've stayed in the Kata & Karon areas of Phuket (Thailand) 3 times, also stayed in Bangkok (mind you...I reckon 3 nights is plenty in Bangkok).

Haven't been to Koh Samui, but have heard nice reports about it....think you have to research it as some areas are peaceful and others are 18-30 type areas!

When we go over to Oz....we'll definately stay over in Hong Kong again...we absolutley loved it there!

Good luck.

Hope this helps a little

Jenny

Guest Weemac

Hi folks,

Wholeheartedly agree with everything Jenny says...used to live out there...Kata/Karon is also my favourite areas of Phuket (the beach at Kata Noi is usually very quiet)..and you can get to other gems (Ko Phi Phi for example) quite easily from there. Another great place is Phang Nga..devastated by the Tsunami but has had a remarkable recovery, it is dominated by Scandinavians though.

A couple of days in Bangkok is all you really need if you plan ahead...then get out of there!! If you get the chance however pop up to the temple ruins at Ayudhya (my thing is old buildings) as I did enjoy that. A quality hotel which I would recommend in Bangkok is the Conrad...centrally located and great accomodation.

Hope you enjoy,

Mac

Hi

If your staying for a week then i would say Krabi a bit expensive but the place is awsome go to raliegh beach they have tree houses you can stay in only get there by boat.

We have been to samui but it has changed alot over the years......mcdonalds....pizzahut etc etc not worth the stay if only there a week.......however if you really want to get away from it all head towards samui but then get a boat to nieghbouring island Koh Toa there are no roads only sandy tracks and have beach huts to stay in its well chilled.....stay at a place called bamboo huts its out of this world huts on the beach. if you want more touristy then Hua Hin is 3 hours south of bangkok nice coastal town with lots to do........if it was me take the time and visit Koh toa.

M&L

Guest gemmahey

Thank You all very much for your replys :cute:

I will have a word with my partner tonight I think and google all the places you mention.

I am a relaxing type of girl, just want to do sweet F.A for the week with gorgeous views, not bothered about 18-30 places.

But Dave is total opposite he like doing stuff! Water sports, adrenaline sports and keeping busy. Any suggestions?? Thanks:wubclub:

Guest Meet the Proctors

Koh Samui does have it's quiet side, we stayed in Bohput which was right on the beach. We had a hut in a nice enough resort for next to nothing but used to nip into the swanky resort next door I'm sure it was called Zazen the food and the staff were fantastic. Although if I were ever to head to Thailand again it would be Koh Phi Phi for me everytime. You can chill out and take in the amazing view or your man can go rock climing or take a longtail boat when it's a bit choppy now that is an experience. We dont have any stop overs on our way out which is a shame as I loved everything about Thailand when we were there for a month, Singa beer mmmmmm

Enjoy.

Guest gemmahey
Koh Samui does have it's quiet side, we stayed in Bohput which was right on the beach. We had a hut in a nice enough resort for next to nothing but used to nip into the swanky resort next door I'm sure it was called Zazen the food and the staff were fantastic. Although if I were ever to head to Thailand again it would be Koh Phi Phi for me everytime. You can chill out and take in the amazing view or your man can go rock climing or take a longtail boat when it's a bit choppy now that is an experience. We dont have any stop overs on our way out which is a shame as I loved everything about Thailand when we were there for a month, Singa beer mmmmmm

Enjoy.

That's great!

Thank you :wubclub:

Archived