PR visa extension

SGHJLL

Anyone had any luck securing an extension on their permanent residency visa?

25 year old daughter wanting to extend visa for 6 months but has only been out here for 5 months and not the two years to qualify for a resident return visa. Her PR visa will expire in July but she wants to move over in January next year.

Is there a specific department she would need to speak to?

Anyone had any luck securing an extension on their permanent residency visa?

25 year old daughter wanting to extend visa for 6 months but has only been out here for 5 months and not the two years to qualify for a resident return visa. Her PR visa will expire in July but she wants to move over in January next year.

Is there a specific department she would need to speak to?

I'm confused. Where is she right now? If she's in Australia, she doesn't need to "extend" her permanent residency, she can just go on living in Oz as long as she wants to. It's only a problem if she wants to leave the country, e.g. for a holiday, in which case she needs to apply for a resident return visa.

Edited by Marisawright

Yes, she is here at the moment but has a flight booked back to UK in March. Her boyfriend is waiting to hear about a sponsored visa and is hoping to come out in January. She is researching all avenues but I think the reality will be that there is not sufficient reason for her to be in the UK as opposed to here so I don't think they will give her a return visa.

If she decides to stay here is there a limit on the duration and amount of times she leaves Oz on holidays until she applies for citizenship?