Oh no, another hero.. RIP Sir Terry

Diane

That's so sad. I thought there must be something very wrong with him when he didn't do Children in Need in November.

Like Diane, I remember listening to him while getting ready for school. My mum had radio 2 on all day, so it was him, Pete Murray, Jimmy Young, The Archers, Waggoner's Walk etc that I listened to if I was off sick.

RIP Sir Terry.

And what a career he had! From Blanketty Blank to Children in Need via The Floral Dance, Terry's Old Gits (TOGS), Eurovision, Chat Show Host - seemed to manage to appeal to all ages, and never a whiff of scandal about him. Seemed like a true gentleman in all senses of the word.

And what a career he had! From Blanketty Blank to Children in Need via The Floral Dance, Terry's Old Gits (TOGS), Eurovision, Chat Show Host - seemed to manage to appeal to all ages, and never a whiff of scandal about him. Seemed like a true gentleman in all senses of the word.

:laugh: I'm not sure my mother would like to be an Old Git! I think it's Geezers and Gals, but I prefer your version!

Really feeling sad this morning, knowing Terry Wogan has departed this world. What a huge loss to his fanbase and all those who loved his gentle humour and soothing voice every morning on Radio 2 for so many years. Can't believe he's gone. So many well-loved, household names we've grown up with for many years have passed recently and each one a stark reminder that life is so short. And all the more reason to concentrate on making the very best of each and every day we're blessed with, while we can. RIP dear Terry. You definitely earned your stripes on this earth.

I'm sad about this too Diane. Used to listen to his Radio 2 show while driving home after nightshift, didn't mind being stuck in traffic! Loved it, loved watching Children in Need later in the programme when he'd had a few drinks! A funny and hugely talented man! RIP Sir Terry....