Do you regret moving back?

edinburghgirlinoz

I would treat it the same as the original move. Do the balance test to see where you would be best suited based on pros and cons.

For some, the difference in weather plays a big part and we are all different that way - the weather was a significant issue for me, but in the opposite way. I came to dread the Australian summer. But, I have always preferred cold. In fact, I am too hot today - it is 17c and sunny and the sun glares into my window at work. Though, personally, if I wanted the other way, I would probably look at options in Europe.

I cant stand the " grey blanket " for 4-5 months of the year ...but the thought of not being able to access Europe ,is what swings it for me ......no London ...no Paris ...no Munich ...no lucerne ..nah ,think I will grumble my way through winter ,and enjoy the rest

I moved back the UK after five years and I am thinking of going back, I miss the heat. I loved the heat the hotter the better for me. I also miss a huge detached house, clean streets, clean cities, the beach, camping, my spa, corona and my BBQ...

I think it messes your head up anyway. When your in OZ you wan to be in the UK then when your in UK you want to be in OZ..... In some ways I wish I never went.. There are a lot of ping pong Brits..

I've known a few ping-pongers over the years. No matter where they are they are moaning about something or another. Some folk are never satisfied/happy.

I moved back the UK after five years and I am thinking of going back, I miss the heat. I loved the heat the hotter the better for me. I also miss a huge detached house, clean streets, clean cities, the beach, camping, my spa, corona and my BBQ...

Well we have a huge detached house, clean streets, clean cities, don't like the beach, can go camping anytime we like, never wanted a spa, can drink corona anytime and we have a beautiful BBQ ;) LOL

I cant stand the " grey blanket " for 4-5 months of the year ...but the thought of not being able to access Europe ,is what swings it for me ......no London ...no Paris ...no Munich ...no lucerne ..nah ,think I will grumble my way through winter ,and enjoy the rest

4-5 months, seriously ? We have been back 4 years no and have experienced 4-5 months of a grey blanket, a couple of months at worst.

clean streets, clean cities, ...

You didn't live in Melbourne then? Clean would not be a word I use to describe it! Although I am only talking about the city and suburbs where we have lived.

Edited by Disney

Well we have a huge detached house, clean streets, clean cities, don't like the beach, can go camping anytime we like, never wanted a spa, can drink corona anytime and we have a beautiful BBQ ;) LOL

Yep, live in a spotlessly clean area. Very clean streets. Town is stunning and I am never bored of staring at the castle - you see it peeping through between buildings giving a different perspective all the time. Stunning country side. Not bothered about a beach, though its only a drive away if we want it. Think spas are ugly. Have all the real ale I can drink.

As for weather - just taken this from my office. Nearly every day has been like this.

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

You didn't live in Melbourne then? Clean would not be a word I use to describe it! Although I am only talking about the city and suburbs where we have lived.

Or Brisbane in the city or definitely not Sydney. I don't understand this when people infer that the streets are full of rubbish here, perhaps in the inner cities but no different to anywhere else.

Yep, live in a spotlessly clean area. Very clean streets. Town is stunning and I am never bored of staring at the castle - you see it peeping through between buildings giving a different perspective all the time. Stunning country side. Not bothered about a beach, though its only a drive away if we want it. Think spas are ugly. Have all the real ale I can drink.

As for weather - just taken this from my office. Nearly every day has been like this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33304[/ATTACH]

I would challenge anyone to walk through our village and find a speck of rubbish, also our nearest 'city' Hereford is very clean. Yes another lovely day here.

4-5 months, seriously ? We have been back 4 years no and have experienced 4-5 months of a grey blanket, a couple of months at worst.

I like to keep it real Bristol ...this year 2015 -16 ( winter ) ...dec,Jan,Feb,march have been pretty much the same ,which is bizarre .....8-15c....not much wind or rain ,no snow ...but GREY ....its only now that the sun is starting to show ...and we are I mid April .

Its how you see it ,I suppose ...bloody hate winter wherever iam ....unless its a clear sky

I would challenge anyone to walk through our village and find a speck of rubbish, also our nearest 'city' Hereford is very clean. Yes another lovely day here.

Yes Herefordshire is nice ...hundreds of times on the A4103 from Worcester ...not so much these days ..

Nice rural county ,with affordable housing

Done loads of work down there ...bloody loads .

Out on the real back roads ...middle of nowhere

Yes Herefordshire is nice ...hundreds of times on the A4103 from Worcester ...not so much these days ..

Nice rural county ,with affordable housing

Done loads of work down there ...bloody loads .

Out on the real back roads ...middle of nowhere

Malvern last week Bristol ...pershore yesterday ...not too far from you

Will have a detached house, once the short term rental expires. Have stunningly clean streets and town. After 8 years next to a beach and visiting maybe once a year, I am certainly not missing it. Have incredible countryside to go to instead, though if I want a beach, its only a drive away. As for weather, this is from work this morning. I would say most days have been similar - and its only April

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

Malvern last week Bristol ...pershore yesterday ...not too far from you

Bromyard ...leominster...ledbury ...canon pyon .....much marcle .....i always used to stop at the garage where the 4103 meets the 4117 ....for a coffee and a sandwich ...funny the things you remember .

Sorry but this really is developing into a my town is better than yours.

Might come as a shock to some posters but there is good and bad everywhere.

For the record after 13 years I still never tire of the view of the sun shining on the lake next to my house, but I don't expect any one else to be interested.

Sorry but this really is developing into a my town is better than yours.

Might come as a shock to some posters but there is good and bad everywhere.

For the record after 13 years I still never tire of the view of the sun shining on the lake next to my house, but I don't expect any one else to be interested.

Of course there is. It gets so childish on this forum at times. Everywhere has its places of beauty and its sh!t holes too. Seems most members of this forum appear to live in 'utopia' though - spotless, no crime and the sun shines practically every day.

Maybe it’s not too surprising if MBTTUK contains posts from posters disenchanted with one place and expressing a preference for another, be they pingpongers or first time pingers?! People move in both directions for all sorts of reasons. Sometimes the pull of a place is enough, other times it is the push to get away that drives a move but in all cases feelings, opinions and personal experience influence what is written. Challenging misrepresented facts and clarifying why you don’t share someone’s opinion is one thing, but too often it seems that posters are jumped on for posting about their feelings…..it seems to me, that is :dull: T x

ETA – just my general thoughts and not directed at any particular post or poster.

I miss the heat. I loved the heat the hotter the better for me. I also miss a huge detached house, clean streets, clean cities, the beach, camping, my spa, corona and my BBQ...

Long way to go and pretty major upheaval just for a "big detached house". Why not just get a big detached house here in UK ?

Of course there is. It gets so childish on this forum at times. Everywhere has its places of beauty and its sh!t holes too. Seems most members of this forum appear to live in 'utopia' though - spotless, no crime and the sun shines practically every day.

But it is where from that makes all the difference:wink:

No it does not!:tongue: