457 current Nomination processing time

jmo

Awesome news and congrats! Looks like we're sitting in the same boat [emoji51] fingers crossed for getting the visa on Monday ;)

Btw, do you know if we have to upload the nomination approval letter to our immi account now?

Yes, Monday is looking good!

No, you don't need to do anything with the nomination letter.

Good luck!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats with those on the nomination approval! I'm still waiting.

Did you guys get a notification from Immigration that the nomination had been approved, or has your sponsoring company just passed the message on to you? My boss does check his emails very frequently and would let me know asap if he heard anything...but he doesn't check as often as I am right now!

@RachielleLauren. Thanks for your reply. I understand that it's different with every one. As I have same issue as you have. I do not want to enroll in for next term. My next term will start from Mid of March. I am little bit worry about the delay in process.

But, Many people got their approval in last couple of days.

Hope all backlogs clear very fast.....

Best of luck.

Thanks once again

Goodluck to you as well. My term ends this February and the next one is mid of March as well. That is why I'm really pressuring my MA to follow up with Immi. The hard part is my agent is based in NZ so 3 hour time difference here in Australia.

Our application for lodged end December, this Monday was the first time we got an email to complete a medical form, now we waiting for the referral letter from Immi to go do our medicals, can anyone say how long does it take after that? (but everyday feels like forever not hearing anything :cry:)

@RachielleLauren.... Do you mean employment contract ?

My employer already signed employment contract and submitted to immi account.

Is there any other declaration ?

Thanks.

I think she's referring to a declaration that's now part of the nomination application (perhaps it wasn't included when her nomination was submitted). The declaration now included says "Do you certify that neither you, nor anyone associated with you or your business, has requested, received, or been promised any payment or other benefit in return for your agreement to nominate any person named on this nomination application". As Rachielle said, DIBP is cracking down on situations where employers request payment from the applicant in exchange for the nomination.

Thanks Wombat84! That's great knowing that nomination and application can be approved at the same time. Getting some new hope now. Good luck for you to get some good news soon! Until then you're not alone jumping at every incoming email, same here -.-

Thats good to hear, we had everything lodged by our MA together, sponsor,nomination and visa application, I do know that they did submit evidence of training expenditure too!

Only 2 weeks from application received so I think a while to go yet! doesn't stop me checking every day though!

Hi,

If in Australia on a 457 and the current employer decides to end employment, you have 90 days to start work again or 90 days to find a new sponsor?

Current case: last day of employment 04.01.11, found new sponsor on 05.01.16, sponsor lodge nomination on 06.01.16, current timelines for nomination as per migration agent: more than 8 weeks. No news from the department yet.

Please advise. Thanks

Hi,

If in Australia on a 457 and the current employer decides to end employment, you have 90 days to start work again or 90 days to find a new sponsor?

Current case: last day of employment 04.01.11, found new sponsor on 05.01.16, sponsor lodge nomination on 06.01.16, current timelines for nomination as per migration agent: more than 8 weeks. No news from the department yet.

Please advise. Thanks

Be aware that you have lodged the application on 6th of jan , and as i heared most of COs were in vacation , hopefully you will get reply very soon

My timeline is:

18 Dec 2015 - Nomination Lodged

15 Jan 2016 - Visa application Lodged

Asked for more info 15 Feb 2016

25 Feb 2016 - Nomination approved

Still waiting for visa application decision

I think we are in the same boat mine lodged in 11 Jan , anyway jmo from Germany had the nomination approved in 5 Feb and after 12 days the Visa approved , but it is not necessary to be the same timeline , might take more or less time , anyway keep in touch , BTW what is your country and position ?

I think we are in the same boat mine lodged in 11 Jan , anyway jmo from Germany had the nomination approved in 5 Feb and after 12 days the Visa approved , but it is not necessary to be the same timeline , might take more or less time , anyway keep in touch , BTW what is your country and position ?

philippines and im a registered nurse but im applying onshore