Lonely 12 year old boy on The Northern Beaches

12 year old boy in need of some friends on The Northern Beaches, been in Australia for a couple of years, he made a best friend who moved away to Victoria but now lives in Dubbo. Just needs someone to hang out with as he has not made any connections in high school, concerned Mum.

He already belongs to scouts, the Balgowlah pack didn't get back to us and the Fairlight pack had a boy who bullied my son at school whose dad was a leader (they have now left Australia) so he joined a pack a little further away from home, he has made friends but mostly with older kids who are now leaving scouts, believe me we have tried.

Hi Hullabaloo I'm really sorry to hear this. My son was bullied when he went to an expensive private school so I know how a little of how you feel. In the end he asked if he could go to the local high school and he was happy. If you can, hang in there with scouts, maybe try Balgowlah again or see which new kids move up from the lower sections. Hopefully others on here will be able to help you more than I can.

Hi Melpom, thanks, I also have a daughter 18 months older and out all the time with friends or people at least some who she likes and some who she is not so keen on, but at least she is out and about. I think he wants a 'best' friend like I do, I had a best friend in the UK like he did and we miss them, i speak to mine and they have visited us in Australia and will do again in 2017 but I suppose it's different for kids.

• 1 month later...

You might have already tried this also but Nippers down at the Surf Club is a great way to meet friends of his own age.

My kids, aged 12, 10 and 7, all love it and the baby will start in around 5 years time.

Unfortunately the season finished at the weekend but I am sure any of the surf clubs on the northern beaches would be more than helpful if you pop along? We all belong to South Curl Curl http://southcurlcurlslsc.org/

Chris

• 2 weeks later...