Marriage over Visa cancelled .. my options now ?

geordiekev

Thats exactly what i am , we are heading to nz in march for a wedding .. im not going to fly home to fly all the way back in a few weeks .. tourist can be to see family friends etc and thats what im coming back to do.

I have savings my girlfriend has a good full time job .. theres no reason to deny me as my agent said .. im not coming through broke with no where to stay obv having to work to survive. . Quite the opposite

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats exactly what i am , we are heading to nz in march for a wedding .. im not going to fly home to fly all the way back in a few weeks .. tourist can be to see family friends etc and thats what im coming back to do.

I have savings my girlfriend has a good full time job .. theres no reason to deny me as my agent said .. im not coming through broke with no where to stay obv having to work to survive. . Quite the opposite

It's common for tourist visas not to be issued if someone has been here long term and then left and come back. You have already said you have a joint lease and bank accounts etc. That isn't normal for a tourist. You just need to be prepared that you might find yourself in that situation. We've seen others go through it.

Yes, please don't arrogantly assume you will get a tourist visa. A women I worked with was Australian and met the love of her life whilst on a 2 year ancestral visa in the UK. At the end of the two years he got a WHV for Australia and off they went. When his visa expired she came back to the UK with him on a tourist visa. They were both IT contractors and could easily live on one salary as well as having savings but when her tourist visa ended he had problems getting entry to Australia - he was let in (at this point he faced being deported without her) but had a no further entry restriction applied. This would only have been his 2nd tourist visa and basically they said he couldn't have a 3rd.

You still need to be careful, having joint leases and bank accounts is not usual tourist behaviour. They may question what your job is in the UK and want to know that you have a job and home to go back to - it happens.

Would be prudent to apply for the 'visitor' visa in advance believe is a subclass 600 thats allows up to 12 month stay versus 3 months for the e visitor version. As other posters have said might expect the cancelled association with the 457 visa to raise some possible questions with a tourist visa. I also recall somewhere visitor visas have to be applied for offshore but maybe misread or that has changed.

I will be offshore when i apply.

Im just confused now as wheather to tell the truth that im coming back to spend time with my girlfriend, to go to her family wedding in march etc.

Or to lie and say im going on holiday up the coast and travel etc .. i genuinely thought telling the truth would fall into the category of seeing friends/family which is described as a reason to visit ..

I will be offshore when i apply.

Im just confused now as wheather to tell the truth that im coming back to spend time with my girlfriend, to go to her family wedding in march etc.

Or to lie and say im going on holiday up the coast and travel etc .. i genuinely thought telling the truth would fall into the category of seeing friends/family which is described as a reason to visit ..

With all due respect to those who given advice...

OP, you spoke toman agent about getting the 461 on the back of your girlfriend's 444. Go back to that agent and talk to them abut the path to getting the 461.

Im not worried about that at all to be honest he says that everything were doing is exactly what they want to see as proof of a genuine relationship .. but now we are both worried they will not grant me the tourist visa which i wasnt really concerned about as i have no intentions of working and its to spend time with her and her family : /

Im not worried about that at all to be honest he says that everything were doing is exactly what they want to see as proof of a genuine relationship .. but now we are both worried they will not grant me the tourist visa which i wasnt really concerned about as i have no intentions of working and its to spend time with her and her family : /

geordiekev, go back and speak to your agent. Tell them of your plans for the tourist visa and seek their advice. While posters on this forum mean well, they tend to only see the stories when it's gone wrong (as that is generally when people post for advice on forums) and don't see the literally thousands of people who are granted visas of all types each year. So go back, speak to your agent and get some reassurance as your agent (if they're decent) will have seen all this before, lots of times and can give you the best advice

Just to update i went to immigration to ask for a bridge E visa , everything was going fine he was going to grant me 2 weeks from then and another 2 weeks when i came in with my tickets out. He then nonchalantly asked if i had ever been arrested i said yes as i had a minor conviction from a few years ago .. this changed everything, he told me hed grant me the visa but it'd be instantly cancelled once they got the charge sheet from WAP .. i could have went back in a week to appeal but itd be 50/50 and if it wa.s declined is be took straight from the immigration building to detention for a minimum 28 days rapid removal. I asked him if id said i didnt have a record would they have looked into it and he said no they dont have the time or resources. . So heads up to others honesty is not always the best policy !!!

Flying to bali within a week and intentions are to come in on a tourist visa and then a student visa

Thanks for everyone's help or pointers

Just to update i went to immigration to ask for a bridge E visa , everything was going fine he was going to grant me 2 weeks from then and another 2 weeks when i came in with my tickets out. He then nonchalantly asked if i had ever been arrested i said yes as i had a minor conviction from a few years ago .. this changed everything, he told me hed grant me the visa but it'd be instantly cancelled once they got the charge sheet from WAP .. i could have went back in a week to appeal but itd be 50/50 and if it wa.s declined is be took straight from the immigration building to detention for a minimum 28 days rapid removal. I asked him if id said i didnt have a record would they have looked into it and he said no they dont have the time or resources. . So heads up to others honesty is not always the best policy !!!

Flying to bali within a week and intentions are to come in on a tourist visa and then a student visa

Thanks for everyone's help or pointers

That does not make much sense to be honest, none of it.

Yer but from the horses mouth .. they WOULD NOT have checked if id said i didn't have a record. Its a case of the right hand not knowing what the lefts doing .. immigration arent going to check every person. Im just saying if you have to go apply for a bridge after a cancelation then they will not be checking if what you say is the truth

No, but if you then apply for a 461 they will do a police check and if they see from that that you would have lied to get the Bridging Visa E, you would be in strife. Honesty may have inconvenienced you in the short term, but it might still help you in the long term.

Edited by Quinkla

Do you realise how much international student fees are? Will they definately give you a tourist visa? What if you go to Bali and they wont let you back in. You keep having a lot of ideas but none of them are certainties, you would be better contacting an agent to help you.

Edited by AJ

I will come in on a tourist visa to spend time with friends and gf , go on holiday ro nz and then apply for a student visa .. and yes i know student fees .. they range from 2.5g a semester to sky high prices obviously for more sought afyer courses !!! Theres no reason for me to be denied i have my flights to nz already booked .. and if i get denied ill roll with it

I will come in on a tourist visa to spend time with friends and gf , go on holiday ro nz and then apply for a student visa .. and yes i know student fees .. they range from 2.5g a semester to sky high prices obviously for more sought afyer courses !!! Theres no reason for me to be denied i have my flights to nz already booked .. and if i get denied ill roll with it

Be careful. If you get denied because they think you're trying to get into Australia illegally, then you won't just get turned back, you could get banned from returning for a long time - and it could jeopardise future applications for a visa.

Under a tourist visa it says you can be entering to see fsmily and friends which i am doing .. their main objective is to make sure you dont work or over stay without the appropriate visa which i wont be doing.

Your issue is that they may not give you a tourist visa, under the circumstances they may believe that you intend to stay.