[Request advice] Passport renewal after EOI

swimfree

Hi,

I have been struggling on whether to renew/change my passport recently. Hereby kindly need your advice on this.

1. I recently submitted my EOI. The account was registered by using my current passport.

2. I answered "No" to the question "Does the client have other current passports?"

3. There are currently only two blank pages in my passport, which will be likely to be consumed in the nearly further. So I will apply for a new passport after the current one runs out.

My question is:

If I change my passport, should I update my EOI immediately (by changing the answer in #2 above) to avoid any inconsistency in the assessment after I got invited? If I do so, is it harmful that the current skillselect account was created by the old passport number? And whether this update will lower my ranking in the skillselect?

Thanks in advance for anyone taking time to give some advice.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't advise changing the passport in the EOI stage. This can easily and quickly be done after you've applied. I needed to do this for my wife's passport and it took literally two minutes.

If you update the passport in the EOI there's a danger that your EOI date of effect will change and it will be the start of the wait for the invitation again as if you'd just submitted.

Thank CaptainC for your reply. I have just received my invitation. Then I think new passport number will no longer be an issue.

I wouldn't advise changing the passport in the EOI stage. This can easily and quickly be done after you've applied. I needed to do this for my wife's passport and it took literally two minutes.

If you update the passport in the EOI there's a danger that your EOI date of effect will change and it will be the start of the wait for the invitation again as if you'd just submitted.