Guest Guest66881

Lemmy passes away.

Guest Guest66881

Motörhead frontman Ian 'Lemmy' Kilmister has died aged 70, just two days after learning he had cancer.

A statement issued on Motörhead's official Facebook page revealed the veteran rocker only learnt he had the disease on Boxing Day, two days after his 70th birthday.

The post read: 'There is no easy way to say this…our mighty, noble friend Lemmy passed away today after a short battle with an extremely aggressive cancer.

2FA8AFA400000578-3376979-image-m-28_1451357195859.jpg

+9

Music icon: Motörhead frontman Lemmy Kilmister has died aged 70, just two days after learning he had cancer

2FA8AF8800000578-3376979-image-a-21_1451352951875.jpg

+9

Reaction: Tributes have poured in for the rock icon from well-known artists and figures within the rock and metal community following his death on Monday. Here he is pictured playing in Helsinki earlier this month

2FA8B92A00000578-3376979-image-a-1_1451351593859.jpg

• SHARE PICTURE

+9

Shock: Motörhead's official Facebook page has confirmed the death of the veteran rocker:goat::wink:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3376979/Legendary-rocker-Lemmy-Kilmeister-dies-aged-70.html#ixzz3vfwHyHGA

Edited by Guest66881

RIP Lemmy. Got a few Motorhead albums - OH saw them live a few times.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away :smile:

Guest Guest66881

Made the whole Heavy Metal scene what it was, and lived the life of a true rocker.

lemmy-from-motorhead-performs-on-the-pyramid-stage-during-the-at-picture-id478641114:wink:

Still the loudest band I've seen.

90 minutes of non-stop Rock. No chit chat in between songs, just one after another after another. Then a 2 song encore followed by the usual "you've been a great audience; good night". Band disappeared, lights up and everyone went home happy!

"Everything louder than everyone else" was well named.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Kilmarnock, now in Melbourne :-)

Music that didn't make you miss your T.V

We all live wherever we feel the most smug, I mean, snug.

Dear old Lemmy - what a legend! According to Wiki apparently he is rated no 8 world sex legend for having done the business with over 2000 women. Not bad for a bloke as ugly as him. Must be his charisma. I'm about 1990 behind him.

Dear old Lemmy - what a legend! According to Wiki apparently he is rated no 8 world sex legend for having done the business with over 2000 women. Not bad for a bloke as ugly as him. Must be his charisma. I'm about 1990 behind him.

And only paid to do the deed with 1,990 of them.

Still the loudest band I've seen.

90 minutes of non-stop Rock. No chit chat in between songs, just one after another after another. Then a 2 song encore followed by the usual "you've been a great audience; good night". Band disappeared, lights up and everyone went home happy!

"Everything louder than everyone else" was well named.

Although I was and still am very much into heavy rock ,I wasn't a massive motorhead fan ...but ...i did see them live at brum Odeon in the early 80s ...dear me ,deafening or what

I was used to ac/dc. u.f.o....van halen scorpions y& t.

I remember the brum Odeon was full of bikers ,I don't mean bikers ,I mean cycle tramps and hells angels .

Me and my mate always looked a right pair .

He had hair down to his arse ,and a mane any lady would be proud of .....and I must have been the only bloke at the gig with a Fred Perry and a Harrington

But I loved the music as well as punk and ska.

Motorhead were deafening ,all these bikers were chanting " louder,louder " so they turned it up ...bloody hell .

I actually met lemmy backstage at the deep purple reunion gig at knebworth in 1985 ..

Real nice bloke

R.i.p lemmy ...ay least my ears can now have a rest

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Nice bloke but **** voice and not a tight band.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Nice bloke but **** voice and not a tight band.

Take it you don't like Motorhead PB?

I still listen to Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. British heavy rock bands are some of the very best.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away :smile:

Guest Guest66881

I still listen to Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. British heavy rock bands are some of the very best.

Some people just don't get the rockNroll vibe Jock and all it means:wink:

Some people just don't get the rockNroll vibe Jock and all it means:wink:

In my teens and early 20's I used to hitch hike all over the place to see bands. One of my sons asked me years ago if I had been a groupie :laugh: Had to disappoint him by admitting that I hadn't been one. Got to meet some of my rock heroes, though there was never any hanky panky going on :cool:

OK but not a great band co compared to Zeppelin, Metallica,iron maiden,Judas priest

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

And only paid to do the deed with 1,990 of them.

Guest Guest66881
OK but not a great band co compared to Zeppelin, Metallica,iron maiden,Judas priest

Pathetic, that's like saying the Popes a good bloke but not as good as mother T:wink:

That's a bit like saying that your preference is different to other people's. Doesn't make it right or wrong. [emoji3]

Motörhead, like many great bands, had their own very distinctive sound. One note from Lemmys distorted bass, or one line of a lyric from his voice, and you knew who you were listening to.

From Kilmarnock, now in Melbourne :-)

I was actually quite shocked when I heard the news.I was listening to Planet Rock a couple of days before Lemmy passed away,and it was his 70th birthday so a few Motorhead songs were played.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix

Led Zepp are/were an excellent band but I never liked two of their most popular songs. Stairway To Heaven and Whole Lotta Love - dislike them - except for the guitar solo in Stairway - that's really, really good.

I much prefer early Metallica to later releases.

Edited by JockinTas

Guest Guest66881
Led Zepp are/were an excellent band but I never liked two of their most popular songs. Stairway To Heaven and Whole Lotta Love - dislike them - except for the guitar solo in Stairway - that's really, really good.

:wink:

That's funny Jock,I love LZ but also dislike those two songs:laugh:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix

Guest Guest66881

The lemon song is my favourite that and immigrant song:notworthy:

More relevant to some in the know was the passing of The Specials drummer, John Bradbury. A great band that stood for something and not afraid to wear their politics on their sleeve. Great work against racism in Britain in the early 80's.

More relevant to some in the know was the passing of The Specials drummer, John Bradbury. A great band that stood for something and not afraid to wear their politics on their sleeve. Great work against racism in Britain in the early 80's.

Good band!

Guest Guest66881
Meaning? Rock and Roll vibe of course.

TrollerlolAlol lol lol:wink: