New tv wont work??

cherries002

We moved here 3 weeks ago and awaiting our OPTUS FETCH TV BOX. In the meantime we brought our LG TV with us, tried the converting to Germany/Belgium and pretty much each country in order to try and tune into the basic channels... Nothing.

Hubby decided yesterday to get a smaller TV which we could use in bedroom, so obviously would be compatible, got it home, tried to tune in and nothing..... Went and bought an indoor digital aerial, nothing. The aerial outside looks to be in good order etc and we checked with neighbours whether they have problems with reception but they say they never have.

So, does anyone know what we are doing wrong ?? At a dilemma on what it may be ???? Thanks .....

We moved here 3 weeks ago and awaiting our OPTUS FETCH TV BOX. In the meantime we brought our LG TV with us, tried the converting to Germany/Belgium and pretty much each country in order to try and tune into the basic channels... Nothing.

Hubby decided yesterday to get a smaller TV which we could use in bedroom, so obviously would be compatible, got it home, tried to tune in and nothing..... Went and bought an indoor digital aerial, nothing. The aerial outside looks to be in good order etc and we checked with neighbours whether they have problems with reception but they say they never have.

So, does anyone know what we are doing wrong ?? At a dilemma on what it may be ???? Thanks .....

We couldn't get our Samsungs to work here. In the end bought a couple of cheap set top boxes.

The other thing you may need is a plug in arial booster. If needed it should be left in the house but previous owners or tenants can - accidentally - take them with them when they leave. We bought our property but if you are renting then I imagine the booster should be provided by the owner, but don't count on it.

Sorry to hijack thread guys. But if abc is a public channel like bbc how can I find it? I wanted to watch the fireworks and obviously couldn't. I watch GG through an Optus fetch box. Help much appreciated

Why can't you find it? Haven't you tuned your tv?

Let it auto-tune and all the available channels will appear in your tv programme guide (assuming you have a modern digital tv).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk