The weather in Devonport Tasmania today

JockinTas

I love watching the stars. Its yakky here at the minute and has been raining most of the day, so not much to see tonight.

Cal x

Have a squiz at Scorpio, it comes up about 9PM. You will see the bright red Mars, below that is Saturn and to the right of Mars is Antares, the heart of the scorpion, one of the giant stars, about 100 times as big as our sun.

Cheers, Bobj.

Been a bit rough today I hear? Lots of power out.

It was rough alright :laugh: Yes, many houses left with no power for a few hours but all fixed now. We were OK here but it was some storm while it lasted. The north coast received nearly 50 mm of rain so that'll keep the farmers happy.

Today is as calm as can be and bright sunshine.

Last 3 days temps in downtown Ball Bay, Qld...22 C to 28 C.

Cheers, Bobj.

Lovely Bob - day temp very nice but I do like a nice cold night. I could cope with the heat during the day (within reason) but never got used to warm nights. Call me a wuss. :yes:

It's just them Northern softies that moan when it drops below 20c Jock.

Some people love warm/hot weather and some don't. I've seen a few members who state 17C feels different here to 17C in the UK. Can't get my head round that. It's the same for goodness sake :cool:

Well that would be warm,from were you come from,if your a real jock.

.................. and what's a real Jock eh? Somebody who walks around dressed in tartan singing along to the Corries?

All this obsession with weather makes me laugh it really does. As long as I'm not in constant 30C and over or freezing in constant 10C or below I'm happy.

The sooner you get back to the UK the better Zack. At least you'll be happy again.

• 2 weeks later...

We've had some brilliant sunny days after frosty nights. When I went out to hang washing on the line this morning there was a wallaby basking in the sun on the bank beyond the back fence. He stayed there for over an hour. All he needed were some sunnies and a hat! :cute:

We've had some brilliant sunny days after frosty nights. When I went out to hang washing on the line this morning there was a wallaby basking in the sun on the bank beyond the back fence. He stayed there for over an hour. All he needed were some sunnies and a hat! :cute:

Frosty morning again here in Devonport. Not a cloud in the sky and 15C forecast for this afternoon.

Warmer than here! Wind off the North sea was bitter today. I can't remember a June like this!!

Everything fine here thanks Skani. The wind and rain has eased and in fact it's not raining just now. Devonport received 60 mm in the 24 hours and my friend in Sheffield told me they received 163 mm. Everything a bit soggy - definitely going for a walk in wellies weather. Just been to check on the horses. Was worried about them but they are fine. This rain should be good for the hydro electricity dams.

Did you get the storm in Hobart?