The weather in Devonport Tasmania today

JockinTas

I live on the west coast and this morning it is super smoky everywhere. In dire need of rain (never thought I'd be wishing for that, I spent all winter moaning about the rain)

Hope you get rain very soon Bobby. It rained here overnight but it's cleared up and the sun's out now.

Not a pleasant day here today. A lot of smoke around and the wind is blowing. As well as the smoke drifting over from the west coast, there is a bushfire fairly close at Port Sorrell. Keeping all the window shut today. Left them open yesterday and there was a very fine layer of ash over everything this morning.

Fire at Port Sorrell

http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/3725923/breaking-bushfire-at-rubicon/?cs=87

Not a pleasant day here today. A lot of smoke around and the wind is blowing. As well as the smoke drifting over from the west coast, there is a bushfire fairly close at Port Sorrell. Keeping all the window shut today. Left them open yesterday and there was a very fine layer of ash over everything this morning.

Fire at Port Sorrell

http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/3725923/breaking-bushfire-at-rubicon/?cs=87

Not like . Yes the Ulverstone relies said how Smokey it was when we skyped on Sunday. Glad to read it has been controlled.

Edited by Bound4Tassie

26 mm in my rain gauge this morning. :wubclub: It was glorious listening to it on the roof last night. I'm not sure if the bad fire areas received much though. The AirRater app I have on my phone shows the air up your way to be much clearer, JockinTas.

Roll on autumn.

A beautiful season here - maybe my favourite. I've noticed the trees here just starting to turn colour - 3-4 weeks earlier than normal. I assume because it's been so dry...or the earlier spring? Maybe they're just exhausted. :cute:

Many still burning - last I heard 20 or 30 - but none at alert level. All in very difficult terrain impossible to access on foot and/or smouldering in peat and button grass country. Have had some rain which has helped. Probably needs another few inches before they are extinguished completely.

A beautiful season here - maybe my favourite. I've noticed the trees here just starting to turn colour - 3-4 weeks earlier than normal. I assume because it's been so dry...or the earlier spring? Maybe they're just exhausted. :cute:

I'm looking forward to planting some spring flowering bulbs this autumn. Tried it in Sydney but too mild where we were and the daffodils and hyacinths just never came to anything. Will be fine here as everyone's garden looks lovely in the springtime.