The weather in Devonport Tasmania today

JockinTas

I've had some nice meals at Shippies (Shipwright's Arms).   We had the wake after my husband's funeral there too...so it has a special association for me.  I remember him showing me a picture behind the bar of his own father as a young man - a member of the hotel's own football team IIRC.  It was very much a "yachties" pub   (it still is):  they sailed together in summer and played football together in winter. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Devonport weather for the next week.

Wednesday:            Min:   7            Max:   17         Sunny

Thursday:                 Min:  8             Max:   16         Sunny

Friday:                        Min:  8             Max:   17         Sunny

Saturday:                  Min:  6             Max:    18        Sunny  

Sunday:                     Min:   9             Max:    16        Overcast

Monday:                    Min:   11          Max:    15        Rain

Tuesday:                   Min:    11          Max:    16        Sunny

Wednesday:             Min:    9             Max:    16        Sunny

• 2 weeks later...

Devonport weather for the next week.

Today:                       Min:   4            Max:   10           Sunny

Thursday:                 Min:  10          Max:   12           Sunny

Friday:                        Min:  5             Max:   15          Sunny

Saturday:                  Min:  5             Max:    15         Sunny  

Sunday:                     Min:   5            Max:    12         Rain

Monday:                    Min:   6            Max:    12         Sunny

Tuesday:                   Min:    5           Max:    12         Sunny

Wednesday:             Min:  6             Max:   12         Showers

When I was walking toward the sea early this morning I saw steam rising from the surface.  It was even more noticeable on the river.  It's called steam fog and it's formed when very cold air moves over warmer water.  Made everything look very mystical.  It was 4C at the time.  Looked a bit like this.

steam fog.jpg

48 minutes ago, libbye said:

What a great photo.  Could win a competition with that.

I didn't take the photo Libby.  I didn't have my camera with me.  I found that picture and it is very similar to what I saw this morning.  It was a lovely morning but a cold, grey, drizzly afternoon.  Supposed to be nice tomorrow though.  Not long in from putting our horses to bed.  They were glad of a hot bran mash (with a handful of barley, oats and flaked maize) and carrots also lots of good hay.  😃

How are you Libby?

I wouldn't tell anyone you didn't take it.  Let them think you're a brilliant photographer😁😁😁  I'm doing ok thank you.  Wilting a bit under the strain

of everything that has to be done IF I finally get the go ahead the house has sold.  My daughter has offered to come and help me in the last week and

then accompany me back to Aus which is great should I need her help.  Am offloading as much furniture as I can here as I figure the girls won't want

my stuff and I can manage on a lot less than I have now.  Trouble is everyone wants it for nothing.  have you had any snow in Tas yet?  Apparently parts of

Victoria have but I think mainly around the snowfield areas.  Haven't seen snow in years!  Thinking I might need to buy a good heavy coat and boots.

Sounds like your horses are a bit spoilt.  How many do you have and do you ride?

We haven't had snow here in Devonport but I dare say much colder inland areas and the mountains have had a bit.  Can't stand the stuff.  Lovely when it's falling but that horrible grey slush.  Yuck!

Our horses (4 of them) are all rescues and they are a bit spoilt.  They vary in age from 10 to over 30.  I don't ride very often but one of my friends (3 of us share ownership) rides quite a bit.  

Keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.  Good to hear your daughter will be helping out.

That's wonderful you have taken the horses on.  Such intelligent animals and why not spoil them.  The pleasure we derive from any animal makes

life so much more pleasurable  I really miss having any now but maybe will be able to foster if that's possible where I'm going to live.  

Will certainly keep in touch when I finally land and find my feet. 

13 minutes ago, Toots said:

Shocker of a day here.  Pouring with rain.  I feel sorry for the campers at the local caravan park especially the ones in tents.  😟

rain.gif

tents in the Tassie winter 🤣

It has been so mild down south recently, think it was 17 in KB yesterday

7 minutes ago, Toots said:

It was nice first thing here on the NW coast too Unzippy      ................................  then the rain came on AGAIN.  It's been on and off all day.  Sun's out  now though.

Yep, same here though out the day.  Just wandering if I can sneak off for a quick fish before dinner😉

• Like 1

Devonport weather for the week.

Today:                       Min:   4            Max:   13          Sunny

Sunday:                    Min:    7           Max:   13           Sunny

Monday:                   Min:   9             Max:   14          Showers

Tuesday:                  Min:    3            Max:   12          Showers

Wednesday:            Min:   2            Max:    12          Sunny

Thursday:                 Min:   2            Max:    12         Sunny

Friday:                       Min:    4           Max:    12          Sunny

Saturday:                 Min:    4            Max:   12          Sunny