The weather in Devonport Tasmania today

JockinTas

We had very heavy rain again in Devonport overnight but today it's a lovely day.

Tuesday:                       Min:    5                      Max:   14        Sunny

Wednesday:                 Min:    6                      Max:   17         Sunny

Thursday:                     Min:    7                      Max:    18        Sunny

Friday:                            Min:    9                      Max:    17        Sunny

Saturday:                      Min:  10                      Max:    18        Showers

Sunday:                         Min:  11                      Max:     19        Showers

Monday:                        Min:  14                      Max:     20        Sunny

Tuesday:                        Min:  13                      Max:    19        Showers

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, libbye said:

Is it uncommonly cold for this time of year?

Not really Libby.  The weather is very changeable in Tassie this time of year.  Pouring with rain one day - sunny the next.  Howling wind and cold one day - calm and mild the next.  At least here in Devonport we don't get ice and snow.  👍

How are you?

Have been unwell recently but coming good now.  Our weather is the same, beautiful few days of sunshine and now it's rain rain and more rain.  Garden is beginning to wake up and it's so colourful.  House on market again so now we wait!  Hope you are all well.  I see you spent a few days in Sydney.  A great contrast to Devonport I should imagine.

21 minutes ago, libbye said:

Have been unwell recently but coming good now.  Our weather is the same, beautiful few days of sunshine and now it's rain rain and more rain.  Garden is beginning to wake up and it's so colourful.  House on market again so now we wait!  Hope you are all well.  I see you spent a few days in Sydney.  A great contrast to Devonport I should imagine.

I very much enjoyed seeing my old friend and her husband from Lancashire.  They were in Sydney to visit their son who has lived there for a number of years now.  It was fun to be a tourist in Sydney for a few days too but nice to get back to the quiet life.  🙂  I am definitely not a city person any more.

When we emigrated back in the 60's our first port of call was Sydney where we lived in a lovely flat in Neutral Bay.  My husband went to work on the ferry.

I haven't been there again for 40 years but can well imagine the change and the population explosion.  I loved it for the jazz scene and music which has been

missing in my life for far too long.  I too now enjoy the countryside and don't have any desire to visit  large towns or cities but that's the way it goes I guess.  My desire 

for music is still strong and my dream at the final stage of my life would be to have access to it.  I can well see from the photos you post what a beautiful spot

you live in and long may it last!  Someone a long time ago stirred my interest in Tasmania but never managed to get there when we lived in Aus.  There's always

tomoow - I hope!!!

• Like 1

We also lived in a flat in Neutral Bay when we first arrived.  Very handy for everything but we could not afford to buy there.  We ended up living in North Ryde whilst our boys were growing up.  Also a nice area to live in.  Good memories of Sydney but I wouldn't want to live there again.

Got the heating on this evening.  There is an icy wind blowing off the mountains.

29 minutes ago, libbye said:

Your photography is excellent.  Nice and clear and how blue the sky is.+

Aww thank you Libby.  I just aim quickly and press the button.  🙂

We are in for a change in the weather.   Lots of rain forecast for later in the week.

16 hours ago, libbye said:

Bit like here at the moment.  We're all wondering if we're going to get any summer but of course down the south of ~France sunny!  Still in Aus

I guess one should never knock rain.

Lovely day today.  No never knock rain.  Tasmania relies on it as 90% of our power comes from hydro electricity.

Yes, I went down to the Salamanca Market today.  It wasn't particularly sunny but it was lovely walking along the Battery Point streets and on to Salamanca lawns with golden oak leaves falling all around me.   There were still some spectacular roses in bloom in home gardens - unusually late, as far as I can remember.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skani said:

Yes, I went down to the Salamanca Market today.  It wasn't particularly sunny but it was lovely walking along the Battery Point streets and on to Salamanca lawns with golden oak leaves falling all around me.   There were still some spectacular roses in bloom in home gardens - unusually late, as far as I can remember.

Yes Skani, our roses have had another burst into bloom.  I thought they were more or less finished but they've decided to put on a late show. 

Walked past the beach this afternoon and some brave souls were swimming.  It's lovely in the sun but the temperature plummets in the shade.

• Like 1

It takes me only about 10  minutes to drive to Battery Point (which is Hobart's original colonial suburb adjacent to Salamanca)  - where I can park for free 😀 - and a few minutes walk from there.  

18 minutes ago, Skani said:

It takes me only about 10  minutes to drive to Battery Point (which is Hobart's original colonial suburb adjacent to Salamanca)  - where I can park for free 😀 - and a few minutes walk from there.  

I haven't been down to Hobart since we moved to Tassie. 😯  When we used to go on holiday we stayed at the Shipwright's Arms at Battery Point.  Very, very handy to everything and a cosy, comfortable place it is too.