The weather in Devonport Tasmania today

JockinTas

9 minutes ago, Kaleem said:

looks like it rains a lot in in Devonport. Hoping to move there within this year, or whenever I receive my visa grant

Yes we get a lot of rain during the winter.  Not too bad in spring and autumn and the summers are generally dry.  

In the morbihan we've had very high temperatures and luckily now some rain.  Elsewhere in France not so fortunate and gardens beginning to suffer.  In the uk I believe the farmers are in trouble with their animals due to harsh winter and now a dry summer.  The poor creatures it is so sad and this morning I heard from my daughter in Melbourne farmers are committing suicide which is terrible.  What have we done to this planet.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, libbye said:

In the morbihan we've had very high temperatures and luckily now some rain.  Elsewhere in France not so fortunate and gardens beginning to suffer.  In the uk I believe the farmers are in trouble with their animals due to harsh winter and now a dry summer.  The poor creatures it is so sad and this morning I heard from my daughter in Melbourne farmers are committing suicide which is terrible.  What have we done to this planet.

The farmers in central NSW are having a hard time of it too.  No rain at all.  The sheep and cattle are suffering in spite of being fed hay and other stuff.  Many of them are having to be shot.  Why anyone would want to farm out there successfully is beyond me.   

The wind blowing from the mountains was icy today.  No rain but a very grey day.  Big seas so a dozen or so surfers having fun at the estuary - large waves.  They must have been frozen in spite of wearing wetsuits.  I was cold muffled up in a warm jacket, scarf and woolie hat.  Felt even colder just stood watching them.

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely sunny weather but still on the cold side especially first thing in the morning.  I watched three bus loads of Chinese tourists down at the Bluff this morning and they were all rugged up for the cold.  A couple of decades ago it was bus loads of Japanese tourists but don't see many of them now.  Seems the middle class Chinese are the ones for travelling around these days.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lovely day here in Devonport  21C.  Took these photos this afternoon.  The first one is of the nice shady walk from our house into town.  The others are of the local beach and the sail boat is on the Mersey river.  All a few minutes walk from the house.

035.JPG

031.JPG

030.JPG

032.JPG

033.JPG

7 minutes ago, libbye said:

Looks beautiful but how easy/difficult is it to access these places if you don't drive?

These places are all within a short walk from our house.  That's one of the reasons we chose to live in our street.  🙂  There is a bus from town which stops nearby to these places.

55 minutes ago, Skani said:

Hi Libbye,

The picture here shows the river (Mersey) running through the town of Devonport and the proximity of the beaches to the town:

https://www.discovertasmania.com.au/about/regions-of-tasmania/north-west/devonport

I PM'd Libbye with a map of our street and surrounds.  She can tell from that how near/far away town/beach/river are from where we live.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, libbye said:

Gosh that's a lot of rain.  When I lived in Aus we used to say never knock rain but it seems like you're getting a tad too much.  Never mind the sun

will soon shine again and your plants will grow extra fast!

Nice dry day today.  Farmers' dams filled up which is excellent as it doesn't rain much in the summer.  Everywhere looking fresh and green.  😀

• 2 weeks later...

Summer started here on 1st December. 

Looking back on the winter we had here in Devonport - don't know about the rest of Tasmania as the weather varies hugely depending on which part of the island you live in - our lowest overnight temp was 0.8C and it reached double digits every day during the winter.  

Yesterday we had gale force wind and I believe snow fell on Ben Lomond (160km from Devonport.

No wind at all today - nice and sunny and it's 19C.

2 hours ago, Toots said:

Summer started here on 1st December. 

Looking back on the winter we had here in Devonport - don't know about the rest of Tasmania as the weather varies hugely depending on which part of the island you live in - our lowest overnight temp was 0.8C and it reached double digits every day during the winter.  

Yesterday we had gale force wind and I believe snow fell on Ben Lomond (160km from Devonport.

No wind at all today - nice and sunny and it's 19C.

Winter here in Hobart, my first in the state, was great as winters go lots of blue skies and day highs into double digits. Low for us was 2-3º I suppose. Personally if I could avoid winter for the rest of my life I would 🙂

Late Spring / Early summer has been a little disappointing. Yesterday was about 14 but Thursday forecast 31º not sure how this is possible in one week!

25 minutes ago, can1983 said:

Winter here in Hobart, my first in the state, was great as winters go lots of blue skies and day highs into double digits. Low for us was 2-3º I suppose. Personally if I could avoid winter for the rest of my life I would 🙂

Late Spring / Early summer has been a little disappointing. Yesterday was about 14 but Thursday forecast 31º not sure how this is possible in one week!

Supposed to reach 22C here on Thursday.  Quite warm enough for me.   👍

I don't really mind the winters here on the north west coast.  Lots of blustery wind and it does rain a fair bit but all that is interspersed with beautiful sunny days.  Three things we don't get (thank goodness) is ice, snow and sleet.  Ugh.  

20 minutes ago, Toots said:

Supposed to reach 22C here on Thursday.  Quite warm enough for me.   👍

I don't really mind the winters here on the north west coast.  Lots of blustery wind and it does rain a fair bit but all that is interspersed with beautiful sunny days.  Three things we don't get (thank goodness) is ice, snow and sleet.  Ugh.  

agreed snow at 'sea level' is no good for anyone. we loved going up to Mt. field or up Kunanyi for our dose this year but not where we live

• Like 1

The weather in Devonport for the next few days.

Thursday:                Min:  14              Max:   23      Sunny

Friday:                       Min:  16             Max:    24      Sunny

Saturday:                 Min:   14            Max:    25      Sunny

Sunday:                     Min:   13           Max:    20       Sunny

Monday:                   Min:   12            Max:    22       Sunny

Tuesday:                   Min:   12           Max:     21      Sunny

Wednesday:             Min:    14         Max:      21       Sunny