The weather in Devonport Tasmania today

JockinTas

No breeze, cloudless sky and 23C.

Here in Devonport we have had nearly 5 months of warm, sunny days.  We have had a few days of drizzle and a couple of days of wind and rain but otherwise a lovely long, warm summer.

Edited by Toots
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Skani said:

Yes, woken at 4.30 this morning by a howling gale in Hobart.  Wind has died down but  now pouring with rain - after 30C yesterday.   Really need the rain - it's been very dry down here over summer. 

It was such a lovely afternoon yesterday but the weather changed overnight.  Thunder and lightning, wind and rain.  Just got in from seeing to the horses and goat.  I was a bit worried about them during the night but they are all grazing happily.  Would have preferred to come home out of the rain but took Harry the pooch for a long run along the beach.  Lots of seagulls for him to chase and I actually enjoyed it.  Quite exhilarating in the wind and rain.  The sea was a bit rough and that's putting it mildly.

As you say Skani, it's been a long dry summer and it's lovely to get the rain.  Wish we could send it to SW Victoria where bushfires are burning - some are out of control and residents of some towns are being urged to evacuate.  :frown:  

Edited by Toots
  • Like 1

Autumn has set in.  We've had a couple of nice days but due for a change.

Devonport weather forecast

Today:             Min: 13C      Max: 18C     Cloudy 

Friday:             Min: 14C       Max: 19C    Showers          

Saturday:        Min: 13C       Max: 18C     Rain

Sunday:           Min: 9C         Max: 16C     Showers 

Monday:          Min: 9C         Max: 17C     Showers

Oh what a glorioous photo.  So lush and green.  Never knock rain ins Aus it's a precious commodity.  Can just imagine how beautiful it will all look

when the rain stops.  We've had rain for weeks now and everyone is saying enough is enough.   Just hope the sun comes out in the next 3 weeks

when my daughter arrives from Melbourne.  not only the weather are people complaining about but we're about to enter into a period of strikes.

Good old France!  

• Like 1

The weather forecast for Devonport.

Today:               Min:      7C      Max:   19C      Sunny   

Saturday:          Min:     11C     Max:   17C      Sunny 

Sunday:            Min:     12C     Max:   19C       Showers

Monday:           Min:     11C     Max:   19C       Showers

Tuesday:          Min:     11C     Max:    20C      Sunny

Wednesday:    Min:     13C     Max:    21C      Sunny

1 hour ago, Toots said:

The weather forecast for Devonport.

Today:               Min:      7C      Max:   19C      Sunny   

Saturday:          Min:     11C     Max:   17C      Sunny 

Sunday:            Min:     12C     Max:   19C       Showers

Monday:           Min:     11C     Max:   19C       Showers

Tuesday:          Min:     11C     Max:    20C      Sunny

Wednesday:    Min:     13C     Max:    21C      Sunny

Not to shabby for Autumn.

• 2 weeks later...

Heavy showers on and off all day and strong gusty wind.  13C.  When I heard it was only going to be that temp I thought Brrrrrrr but I'm not finding it cold at all.  Haven't had need of a heater so far as it's not cold in the house.

1 hour ago, Drumbeat said:

Well I've already dissauded the Mr from retiring to the Huon Valley, my preference is for further North - Launceston way

The Huon Valley is lovely - maybe the snow just settles on the surrounding hills and not lower down.  Launceston is warmer in the summer and colder in the winter than the north west coast.  I've seen a flurry of snow in Devonport which lasted about 5 minutes.  Two other places I find a lot colder than Devonport in the winter are Sheffield and Deloraine - anywhere inland really.

3 hours ago, Toots said:

The Huon Valley is lovely - maybe the snow just settles on the surrounding hills and not lower down.  Launceston is warmer in the summer and colder in the winter than the north west coast.  I've seen a flurry of snow in Devonport which lasted about 5 minutes.  Two other places I find a lot colder than Devonport in the winter are Sheffield and Deloraine - anywhere inland really.

The only place I’ve been to in Tas.  Flew in for a race meeting.  Pretty good from what little I saw

• Like 1