The weather in Devonport Tasmania today

JockinTas

• 2 weeks later...
Jeez Jock, it never got above 20c, you guys managing OK? :wink:

:laugh: The summer this year had a few days when it reached 30C but most days it averaged 23C. That's perfect for me. I notice a few folk in our street have their log burners going at night now but we haven't found it cold at all. Some people just feel the cold more I guess.

Bloody snowing here! Ffs it's nearly May!! Bring on the Tassie climate!

I was talking to a friend in Cumbria and they also had a good dump of snow the other day.

Our lovely weather came to an end on Thursday night. It rained without stopping until this morning. I will say this for Tassie though, it doesn't rain for days on end. It pours down for a day or two then clears up and back to sunny weather again. We are supposed to have showers on and off for a few days now.

How are your Tassie plans going?

I will say this for Tassie though, it doesn't rain for days on end. It pours down for a day or two then clears up and back to sunny weather again.

We could do with rain for days on end at the moment - it's so DRY here! A measly 6 mm in my rain gauge over the last 2 days. According to the Soil Dryness Index we need 6+ inches of rain to saturate the soil here.

We could do with rain for days on end at the moment - it's so DRY here! A measly 6 mm in my rain gauge over the last 2 days. According to the Soil Dryness Index we need 6+ inches of rain to saturate the soil here.

Hopefully you'll receive some of the rain we've been having. My neighbour says we had 20 mm from Thursday night 'til 9:30 this morning.

http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/3879791/rain-a-welcome-sight-for-north-west/

Yes, tomorrow looks promising for this part of the state. I hope it rains all day: I have so much housework to do and these beautiful sunny autumn days make it so hard to stay inside. So the house is a bit of a disaster zone. :rolleyes:

Yes, tomorrow looks promising for this part of the state. I hope it rains all day: I have so much housework to do and these beautiful sunny autumn days make it so hard to stay inside. So the house is a bit of a disaster zone. :rolleyes:

I go stir crazy sitting in the house so I went for a long walk in the pouring rain yesterday. The dog wasn't very impressed :cute:

OK, I'll be honest. Today's weather is awful. Dark grey sky keeps rolling in off the Bass Strait bringing in very heavy rainfalls and the wind is blowing. Managed to get out with our dog in between the heavy showers for an hour earlier on but got drenched when we stopped to check the horses. Was making sure their feed was still dry and trying to divide up a bale of hay when it started to thunder and there was also sheet lightning fairly close by. It's 16C not cold at all and still haven't got any heating on in the house but I think this will be the start of colder weather.

OK, I'll be honest. Today's weather is awful. Dark grey sky keeps rolling in off the Bass Strait bringing in very heavy rainfalls and the wind is blowing. Managed to get out with our dog in between the heavy showers for an hour earlier on but got drenched when we stopped to check the horses. Was making sure their feed was still dry and trying to divide up a bale of hay when it started to thunder and there was also sheet lightning fairly close by. It's 16C not cold at all and still haven't got any heating on in the house but I think this will be the start of colder weather.
Actually that sound like a great day, I love a good storm, and Tassie in winter FAB, a few crisp frosty mornings and if you are in the right place a chance, just a small chance of snow, oh yeah.

It was delicious waking up to the sound of real rain on the roof - it's been a long time since I've heard that. 16 mm in the gauge when I checked earlier on...and pelting down at the moment. Can imagine the farmers dancing around for joy....it's been so, so dry down here. We've just had the warmest April in 120 years of records and only the odd drop of mizzling rain until now.

I was talking to a friend in Cumbria and they also had a good dump of snow the other day.

Our lovely weather came to an end on Thursday night. It rained without stopping until this morning. I will say this for Tassie though, it doesn't rain for days on end. It pours down for a day or two then clears up and back to sunny weather again. We are supposed to have showers on and off for a few days now.

How are your Tassie plans going?

We wanted to move Sept this year before my daughter started school but realistically when we thought about it we need another years savings to set us up when we get there....so...

Sept 2017 is the plan....but I'll need to come over before that to activate my visa. Thinking of June as flight are relatively cheap.

Actually that sound like a great day, I love a good storm, and Tassie in winter FAB, a few crisp frosty mornings and if you are in the right place a chance, just a small chance of snow, oh yeah.

I dream of a house with a large window looking out to sea....where I can sit and watch those fierce storms from the comfort and warmth of an armchair in front of the fire! ( old before my time?! Lol!) Also looking forward to the good weather too!

We wanted to move Sept this year before my daughter started school but realistically when we thought about it we need another years savings to set us up when we get there....so...

Sept 2017 is the plan....but I'll need to come over before that to activate my visa. Thinking of June as flight are relatively cheap.

Sounds like a good plan! :smile:

I dream of a house with a large window looking out to sea....where I can sit and watch those fierce storms from the comfort and warmth of an armchair in front of the fire! ( old before my time?! Lol!) Also looking forward to the good weather too!

After all those heavy, squally showers and strong blasts of wind, the wind has dropped and it's a clear starry night.