The weather in Devonport Tasmania today

JockinTas

6 minutes ago, libbye said:

Been reading your comments with interest. Arriving for my first visit ever in february and haven,t a clue what clothes to pack!

happy new year everyone.

It all depends on which area you are going to.  For example it can be 22C here in Devonport but 32C  in other places.  It's always warmer in Launceston and also the east coast.  The weather is pretty settled  now so you should be OK with maybe one warmish jacket ..........  just in case.  The place is heaving with tourists and it's school holidays just now so you are wise to wait until Feb.

Are you settling in to life in Australia? 

Yes, 40.8 in Hobart - the hottest December day on record.   I kept the external roller shutters on my house closed all day and stayed inside and it was relatively civilised (for someone like me who HATES heat).  But they were forecasting strong winds later in the day and that was the scarey bit  because I live near bushland.   So I had my evacuation pack....including  3 cat carriers...all ready to go.     We did get some smoke from the fire at Pelham near Brighton....but the cool change in the evening brought  8 mm rain in my rain gauge.  Not a lot but enough to freshen everything.  

1 hour ago, Skani said:

Yes, 40.8 in Hobart - the hottest December day on record.   I kept the external roller shutters on my house closed all day and stayed inside and it was relatively civilised (for someone like me who HATES heat).  But they were forecasting strong winds later in the day and that was the scarey bit  because I live near bushland.   So I had my evacuation pack....including  3 cat carriers...all ready to go.     We did get some smoke from the fire at Pelham near Brighton....but the cool change in the evening brought  8 mm rain in my rain gauge.  Not a lot but enough to freshen everything.  

That must have been horrible and very scary Skani.  The worrying thing is - it's just the start of summer.  In the nearly 6 years we have been in Devonport this is the first year I have seen it so parched at this time.  That unrelenting wind we had for a while didn't help.  Everything just got so dry.  

In cairns the temp remains constant and we have had some rain but the humidity is high. Temps aroud 31 to 33 but veryUncomfortable.

thank goodness youve had a little rain and some relief. My prayers are with the firefighters who need all the help they can get.

take care everyone keep safe. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Taswegians2B said:

Hi! We’re back in Launceston visiting our daughter, son-in-law and little granddaughter again.  Absolutely glorious weather this past week, although yesterday was pretty hot at 32 degrees.  Much cooler today but still clear blue skies and bright sunshine, just lovely.

My sister from Edinburgh is visiting us just now and loving the weather.  

The weather forecast for Devonport.

Today:                       Min:     13             Max:        20           Sunny

Saturday:                 Min:     11             Max:        25            Possible showers

Sunday:                    Min:      11             Max:       22            Sunny

Monday:                   Min:      12             Max:       21           Sunny

Tuesday:                  Min:      14             Max:        22           Sunny

Wednesday:            Min:      15            Max:        22            Sunny

Thursday:                 Min:     14            Max:        23            Sunny

Friday:                       Min:      11            Max:        22            Possible showers

1 hour ago, Toots said:

Today:                       Min:     13             Max:        20           Sunny

Saturday:                 Min:     11             Max:        25            Possible showers

Sunday:                    Min:      11             Max:       22            Sunny

Monday:                   Min:      12             Max:       21           Sunny

Tuesday:                  Min:      14             Max:        22           Sunny

Wednesday:            Min:      15            Max:        22            Sunny

Thursday:                 Min:     14            Max:        23            Sunny

Friday:                       Min:      11            Max:        22            Possible showers

Lush! We're off Kayaking on Sunday at Lake Barrington. Thats perfect weather

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Today:                       Min:     9             Max:        19           Sunny

Wednesday:            Min:     12          Max:         21           Sunny

Thursday:                Min:     16           Max:        22            Sunny

Friday:                       Min:     15           Max:        24            Sunny

Saturday:                  Min:     14          Max:        24            Sunny

Sunday:                      Min:     15         Max:        23            Cloudy

Monday:                     Min:     17         Max:        22           Sunny

Tuesday:                    Min:      17         Max:        24           Possible showers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It rained steadily all day yesterday but lovely day today.  Forecast for the coming week.  Starting to feel like autumn.

Today:                       Min:   11             Max:       23           Sunny

Saturday:                Min:     11           Max:        19           Sunny

Sunday:                   Min:      9             Max:        17           Sunny

Monday:                  Min:     11            Max:       18           Sunny

Tuesday:                 Min:       9             Max:       18           Sunny

Wednesday:           Min:     12            Max:       21           Sunny

Thursday:               Min:     13             Max:       21           Sunny

Friday:                     Min:      12             Max:       21           Sunny

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bobj said:

Still very soggy, @Toots. Had a squiz at the weather radar and almost all of Tasmania is wet.

Cheers, Bobj.

Torrential rain here @Bobj.  The horses are in at night now and I've been across to see to them.  None of them wanted to go outside and our dog wouldn't get out of the car.  😄  I got soaked to the skin but just had a nice long shower.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Toots said:

It's a wild night out there.  Wind right off the mountains and pouring with rain.  Even the dog took one look outside, turned and trotted back into the house.

rain3.gif

It certainly has been wild! I left work this evening and got absolutely drenched!! 

Did you hear the thunder this morning at about 4:30? So loud!! It was kind of cozy all tucked up in bed listening to it, but it was a bit hard getting up for work a couple of hours later. Haha! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, annagilda said:

It certainly has been wild! I left work this evening and got absolutely drenched!! 

Did you hear the thunder this morning at about 4:30? So loud!! It was kind of cozy all tucked up in bed listening to it, but it was a bit hard getting up for work a couple of hours later. Haha! 

No, I missed the thunder - sound asleep.  😄

Today is beautiful.  Not a cloud in the sky.

• Like 1