The weather in Devonport Tasmania today

JockinTas

I'm beginning to wonder if the warmer weather is ever going to arrive here in Devonport.  Weather for the week.

Today:                       Min:     7            Max:       14           Showers

Friday:                       Min:     5             Max:      14           Sunny

Saturday:                 Min:     6             Max:       14           Sunny

Sunday:                    Min:     8             Max:        14          Sunny

Monday:                   Min:     9             Max:        16          Sunny

Tuesday:                  Min:      7             Max:       17           Sunny

Wednesday:            Min:      6             Max:       14           Sunny

Thursday:                 Min:     8            Max:        15           Sunny

1 hour ago, Skani said:

Max temperature for this October so far in Devonport is 1.2 above average - so not too shabby.

We get that sharp wind from the north west which really is quite chilly.  Most days it's colder in the afternoons than first thing in the morning as the wind gets up about noon.

15 hours ago, Toots said:

It has been really cold and wet here in Devonport the last few days but in the central highlands of Tassie there has been snow.  These pics taken a couple of days ago.

Exactly the same place they were fighting a bushfire a week ago.  🙄

We've had snow on the mountain here in Hobart the last 3 days.  It was really wild and windy  on Thursday:   was nearly blown over by a sleety gale when I left the pub after lunch with friends.   Still quite cold and windy here - will have the log burner going all day today.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skani said:

Exactly the same place they were fighting a bushfire a week ago.  🙄

We've had snow on the mountain here in Hobart the last 3 days.  It was really wild and windy  on Thursday:   was nearly blown over by a sleety gale when I left the pub after lunch with friends.   Still quite cold and windy here - will have the log burner going all day today.

The Great Western Tiers had a dusting of snow on them yesterday.  So much for spring  ...........  it feels more like winter.

gwtiers.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toots said:

The Great Western Tiers had a dusting of snow on them yesterday.  So much for spring  ...........  it feels more like winter.

I'll take winter any day over the "spring" those poor sods in NSW and SE Queensland are going through.  The couple of 30+ degree days we had  a week ago were scarey enough with fires to the north of us and smoke  over the city.

7 minutes ago, Skani said:

I'll take winter any day over the "spring" those poor sods in NSW and SE Queensland are going through.  The couple of 30+ degree days we had  a week ago were scarey enough with fires to the north of us and smoke  over the city.

That is exactly what my husband has just said.  Here we are moaning about the cold and the wet (drizzling at the moment) when the conditions elsewhere are nightmarish.

• Like 1

The weather forecast for Devonport.

Today:                       Min:     7             Max:      15           Showers

Saturday:                 Min:     7             Max:      16           Cloudy

Sunday:                    Min:     8             Max:       17           Sunny

Monday:                   Min:    11           Max:       19           Sunny

Tuesday:                  Min:     9             Max:        21           Sunny

Wednesday:            Min:    12           Max:        18           Sunny

Thursday:                 Min:     9            Max:        20           Sunny

Friday:                       Min:     9             Max:        17           Sunny

• 3 weeks later...

The weather forecast for Devonport.

Today:                       Min:     13             Max:      18           Overcast

Saturday:                 Min:     11           Max:        19          Sunny

Sunday:                    Min:       9             Max:       17           Showers

Monday:                   Min:    11             Max:       19           Sunny

Tuesday:                  Min:     13            Max:        21           Sunny

Wednesday:            Min:     14           Max:        22           Sunny

Thursday:                 Min:    13            Max:        25           Sunny

Friday:                       Min:     14            Max:        22           Sunny

It really was beautiful yesterday. I went for a Kayak down the Cam River in Somerset. This morning was a bit ropey, but this afternoon was beautiful. Back to the grindstone in the morning, so won't get to enjoy the weather this week in Devonport, but the forecast for next weekend is looking alright. It'll probably change half a dozen times before then though. 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, annagilda said:

It really was beautiful yesterday. I went for a Kayak down the Cam River in Somerset. This morning was a bit ropey, but this afternoon was beautiful. Back to the grindstone in the morning, so won't get to enjoy the weather this week in Devonport, but the forecast for next weekend is looking alright. It'll probably change half a dozen times before then though. 🙂

We also had a good bit of rain early yesterday morning.  🙂  Today is a lovely day.  I was out early with the animals and it was one of those clear, windless mornings.  Watched good old Searoad Tamar sailing into Devonport.  I miss the old Searoad Mersey.  We've got the new one now instead.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Toots said:

We also had a good bit of rain early yesterday morning.  🙂  Today is a lovely day.  I was out early with the animals and it was one of those clear, windless mornings.  Watched good old Searoad Tamar sailing into Devonport.  I miss the old Searoad Mersey.  We've got the new one now instead.

I wish this wind would quit. 

6 minutes ago, annagilda said:

I wish this wind would quit. 

It's a lot better than it was a couple of weeks ago.  I was absolutely sick of it.  My poor roses had all their heads ripped off and everywhere was getting so dry.  I think the weather doesn't settle until just after Christmas but this year the beginning of summer has been on the chilly side too. 

• Like 1