Glimmer of hope for accountants

UA to AU

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's the case there will be a long wait even for those with 70 points. NSW should give those with high English scores more hope though.

Was reading an artical the other day saying 25k more accountants will be needed by end of decade. I guess lowering the quota ensures only higher quality candidates get visas instead of those who don't even end up working in the industry.

Is there anything you can do to increase your points? Otherwise I would think it'll be a very long wait

im trying to switch to Pearson now. ive read stories of people who took ielts 6 times and missed the mark by 0.5 and got >80s in their 1st pearson attempt.

im trying to switch to Pearson now. ive read stories of people who took ielts 6 times and missed the mark by 0.5 and got >80s in their 1st pearson attempt.

Without high English scores and without many points, I would think there is almost zero chance of getting the invitation. Increasing your English score is the best thing you can do. What did you get in your previous test?

Without high English scores and without many points, I would think there is almost zero chance of getting the invitation. Increasing your English score is the best thing you can do. What did you get in your previous test?

my best attempt was 8, 8.5, 7, 7.5. 7 was writing and 7.5 speaking

my best attempt was 8, 8.5, 7, 7.5. 7 was writing and 7.5 speaking

I'm native English and couldn't get over 7.5 on the writing with IELTS, I got more or less maximum marks on second attempt at pte-a. Messed the first up due to my computer usage on the speaking!

• 2 weeks later...

I still haven't been able to sort out a testimonial for my current job. I never go to the office as I am at clients sites everyday, so not been able to get any letterhead paper yet. Anyone else know if they accept official emails instead?

I still haven't been able to sort out a testimonial for my current job. I never go to the office as I am at clients sites everyday, so not been able to get any letterhead paper yet. Anyone else know if they accept official emails instead?

I simply put the company logo and address in to word and made my own letterheads paper. I did this for all 5 of my testimonials as I wrote them all myself and simply sent to my managers for signing.

Ceiling for Accountants has been increased to 4777 for the 16/17 year. Great news for those starting out in their journey....

External auditor ceiling also increased.

Fantastic news, thanks for posting!!

I'm trying to submit my EOI online, it's coming out with 75 for 189 and 80 for 190. Is that right to submit both categories on the same application? Also for the skilled employment it does not give me anywhere to deduct points for maternity or unpaid leave. It's literally just start date, end date, title, and that's it! Not sure whether to submit it now or not? I have had the same employer for over 10 years. Any suggestions?

I'm trying to submit my EOI online, it's coming out with 75 for 189 and 80 for 190. Is that right to submit both categories on the same application? Also for the skilled employment it does not give me anywhere to deduct points for maternity or unpaid leave. It's literally just start date, end date, title, and that's it! Not sure whether to submit it now or not? I have had the same employer for over 10 years. Any suggestions?

I did 2 separate EOIs - if you get an invite under 190 your 189 is blocked if you do them both under 1 EOI.

With 75 however you will get a 189 invite immediately so you're probably aswell just doing them both in the same EOI.

Did you hear back from CPA about your experience ? If your SMP doesn't count then you'd probably need to input separate periods of employment even though it's the same employer. Mark your periods of SMP as non relevant as you won't then gain any points for them.

I did 2 separate EOIs - if you get an invite under 190 your 189 is blocked if you do them both under 1 EOI.

With 75 however you will get a 189 invite immediately so you're probably aswell just doing them both in the same EOI.

Did you hear back from CPA about your experience ? If your SMP doesn't count then you'd probably need to input separate periods of employment even though it's the same employer. Mark your periods of SMP as non relevant as you won't then gain any points for them.

No I haven't finished with the CPA yet. I'm still struggling to get the reference that I need. But since the experience assessment isn't essential and I have the qualification one, I thought I could try and get my invite and the reference at the same time! Panicking because it's getting towards 1st July and wanted the EOI in by then!!

If I submit it with 75 points, and get an invite, then CPA say it's not 75 can I re-submit a new one?

Or maybe I should wait until I have CPA confirmation, not sure what to do, especially after reading this...http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/brexit-google-sees-huge-spike-brits-wanting-migrate-australia-15673966

No I haven't finished with the CPA yet. I'm still struggling to get the reference that I need. But since the experience assessment isn't essential and I have the qualification one, I thought I could try and get my invite and the reference at the same time! Panicking because it's getting towards 1st July and wanted the EOI in by then!!

If I submit it with 75 points, and get an invite, then CPA say it's not 75 can I re-submit a new one?

Or maybe I should wait until I have CPA confirmation, not sure what to do, especially after reading this...http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/brexit-google-sees-huge-spike-brits-wanting-migrate-australia-15673966

Yes you can submit and EOI with 75 points and if by the time you get an invite you receive word from CPA that you don't have 75 points you can let it expire.

It's DIBP you have to convince your experience warrants the points but obviously having confirmation from CPA would help your case.

Instead of submitting an EOI with 75 points could you submit one with 70 (err on side of caution) so you are in the queue then if CPA come back with 75 you can update your EOI and jump to the front of the queue.

I'm sure any agent would advise you against submitting an EOI without word from CPA but that's a decision only you can make.....

I wouldn't worry about post brexit increases - you know how long the process takes. Anyone looking into it now will not be in a position to submit an EOI for some time.

Yes you can submit and EOI with 75 points and if by the time you get an invite you receive word from CPA that you don't have 75 points you can let it expire.

It's DIBP you have to convince your experience warrants the points but obviously having confirmation from CPA would help your case.

Instead of submitting an EOI with 75 points could you submit one with 70 (err on side of caution) so you are in the queue then if CPA come back with 75 you can update your EOI and jump to the front of the queue.

I'm sure any agent would advise you against submitting an EOI without word from CPA but that's a decision only you can make.....

I wouldn't worry about post brexit increases - you know how long the process takes. Anyone looking into it now will not be in a position to submit an EOI for some time.

Thank you for your help, I

am having a meeting with my boss on Friday to discuss the reference so I may as well wait until then! I just want to get past this part!

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for your help, I

am having a meeting with my boss on Friday to discuss the reference so I may as well wait until then! I just want to get past this part!

Well, it's against my company's policy to provide such detailed references. The HR team (based abroad) will only provide a standard letter with start date and job title. My manager can provide a 'personal' reference but must not mention the company name or job related information!! Not sure where to go from here...

Any suggestions??

Well, it's against my company's policy to provide such detailed references. The HR team (based abroad) will only provide a standard letter with start date and job title. My manager can provide a 'personal' reference but must not mention the company name or job related information!! Not sure where to go from here...

Any suggestions??

http://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/become-a-cpa/migration-assessment/skilled-employment-assessment

Check the paragraph "Statutory Declarations"

Many people will find themselves in your position (those who do not want their employers to know they are looking into emigrating) so are unable to obtain anything from their employer

http://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/become-a-cpa/migration-assessment/skilled-employment-assessment

Check the paragraph "Statutory Declarations"

Many people will find themselves in your position (those who do not want their employers to know they are looking into emigrating) so are unable to obtain anything from their employer

That's what I was thinking, the statutory declaration, but it also asks for a letter from a colleague, I think I can find someone else to do that, without it being my manager

That's what I was thinking, the statutory declaration, but it also asks for a letter from a colleague, I think I can find someone else to do that, without it being my manager

Would your manager do it coming from them personally rather than in an official capacity on company paper ?