Glimmer of hope for accountants

UA to AU

How long do we have from the English exam and CPA assessment to apply for the visa? We are thinking of delaying for a few months whilst we take a trip out to Australia to help us make a final decision. Is it 12 months before they expire and have to start from scratch?

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long do we have from the English exam and CPA assessment to apply for the visa? We are thinking of delaying for a few months whilst we take a trip out to Australia to help us make a final decision. Is it 12 months before they expire and have to start from scratch?

My CPA skill assessment is valid for 3 years.

My PTE result is valid for 2 years however the DIBP website clearly states you can use a result from 36 months prior to the time you were invited to apply.

Have you considered continuing with your application, then when you make your visit you will activate your visa, meaning you could then potentially take a further 4 years to move the move permanently ? The downside of this is obviously the cost of going through the whole process if you aren't completely sure you will eventually make the move....

Hi, thank you for your reply, yes that was the original thinking to activate the visa, but keeping accountant on the list gives us a bit longer.

I haven't even got my CPA assessment back yet, so just considering the different approaches. I would do the EOI before the trip and then be all set to apply straight afterwards

Hi, thank you for your reply, yes that was the original thinking to activate the visa, but keeping accountant on the list gives us a bit longer.

I haven't even got my CPA assessment back yet, so just considering the different approaches. I would do the EOI before the trip and then be all set to apply straight afterwards

We also considered doing a trip before hand but decided it was just another 5k cost to the whole process and would it really give us a true picture of what life would be like living there permanently ? My wife and I had a 12 month working holiday about 10 years ago so although things will have changed substantially at least we aren't going into the complete unknown.

We also considered doing a trip before hand but decided it was just another 5k cost to the whole process and would it really give us a true picture of what life would be like living there permanently ? My wife and I had a 12 month working holiday about 10 years ago so although things will have changed substantially at least we aren't going into the complete unknown.

We will be staying with friends who live there, so hopefully that should give us a better idea, we have been before too but it was also a long time ago, plus we get a holiday!!

Hi everyone,

I received an invitation which contains a mistake on the last round. Now EOI is frozen and I can't change it.

Can I submit another EOI to get another invitation?

Looking forward to good advice.

What was the mistake? Did it impact the number of points you had?

Yes it does impact.

There was work experience which CPA found irrelevant. In the beginning of June I will have enough points without this job.

Don't want to wait two months.

If you have received your invitation based on the wrong number of points, then your visa will be rejected and you will lose the fee. Waiting until June is a better option

I have received my positive assessment today from CPA for my qualification only. I had asked for the experience assessment and sent everything at the same time. Any else received this afterwards, and if so how long after? Thanks

I have received my positive assessment today from CPA for my qualification only. I had asked for the experience assessment and sent everything at the same time. Any else received this afterwards, and if so how long after? Thanks

Yes it arrives after. Mine wad only a few hours later but I had emailed as the skills assessment had no date on so needed to correct that.

CPA have come back today asking for a testimonial for my work experience. I thought I had submitted this originally but they mustn't have accepted it, or maybe it wasn't in enough detail. Does anyone have a template or example I can see please? Thanks!

CPA have come back today asking for a testimonial for my work experience. I thought I had submitted this originally but they mustn't have accepted it, or maybe it wasn't in enough detail. Does anyone have a template or example I can see please? Thanks!

Sorry, can't help you with that.

Might be worth phoning them, I believe they're quite approachable.

My testimonial was accepted with no issues, as a rough guide it was probably half to 2/3's of a page on each of my 4 job roles over the five years. Made sure it was on company headed paper, had specific dates for each role, salary for each, stated how many hours per week it was etc.

For each job I structured it with a couple of sentences giving an overview of the team/department I was working in and where they fitted in the company. Then bullet points detailing my specific individual responsibilities whilst in the role. My current manager signed it off for me and I made sure I included his title and contact number as they instructed.

Did they give any feedback as to why it wasn't accepted?

My testimonial was accepted with no issues, as a rough guide it was probably half to 2/3's of a page on each of my 4 job roles over the five years. Made sure it was on company headed paper, had specific dates for each role, salary for each, stated how many hours per week it was etc.

For each job I structured it with a couple of sentences giving an overview of the team/department I was working in and where they fitted in the company. Then bullet points detailing my specific individual responsibilities whilst in the role. My current manager signed it off for me and I made sure I included his title and contact number as they instructed.

They didn't even mention it. Although I'm not sure it was what they call a testimonial. It was more in the format of a letter on company paper, explaining about my job. I have been with the same company for over 10 years, but had various periods of leave, and reduced hours etc, various promotions and pay rises. But I did also include detailed bullet points on the job description. So I included it all in 1 explanation, but it wasn't signed by anyone other than me, because it's still my current boss I was a bit reluctant to do it, but if I have to then I can

Just noticed you got your grant this week - sorry must have missed that

Congratulations !!

When are you planning on moving ?

Just noticed you got your grant this week - sorry must have missed that

Congratulations !!

When are you planning on moving ?

Yeah we were delighted when it came through first thing on Monday! Much quicker than we anticipated.

We're fine-tuning the planning at the moment, but should be on a plane to Melbourne around mid-August. Now comes the harder part of trying to get a job sorted as soon as possible after we're on the ground ;-)

Yeah we were delighted when it came through first thing on Monday! Much quicker than we anticipated.

We're fine-tuning the planning at the moment, but should be on a plane to Melbourne around mid-August. Now comes the harder part of trying to get a job sorted as soon as possible after we're on the ground ;-)

I like your idea of a quick move. My 10 months between visa grant and flight is going to be a lllllloooooonnngggg wait........

Wow I'm so impressed with your timeline!! Congratulations!!