Glimmer of hope for accountants

UA to AU

Eeep that is getting tight! I got my CPA skills and experience assessment back on Friday (submitted to them on 31st March), so submitted my EOI for a 189 visa on Friday night with 70 points.

Really hoping I might manage to squeeze into the 27th April round of invitations, but looking at the results of the last two rounds I think I might be right on the edge. Will just have to wait and see!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eeep that is getting tight! I got my CPA skills and experience assessment back on Friday (submitted to them on 31st March), so submitted my EOI for a 189 visa on Friday night with 70 points.

Really hoping I might manage to squeeze into the 27th April round of invitations, but looking at the results of the last two rounds I think I might be right on the edge. Will just have to wait and see!

I think you should be fine, either this one or the one after. Interesting to know how long your skills assessment took, 11 working days not bad. Did they also assess your experience, or just qualification?

Yeah it was a pretty efficient turnaround from them and they did both my skills and employment. I submitted the application to them on 23rd March, but was asked to resend the English certificate on 31st March for them. So they only received all the documentation necessary to start the assessment at that point.

Either way, the 10-15 working days timeline on their website seems pretty accurate from my experience, so hopefully you should here back from them fairly soon :)

I hope you are right! it is ten working days for me today and the wait is driving me mad!!! Praying I get it by Friday. I cant wait another weekend haha. This visa malarkey plays war with your nerves. And it doesn't help that i'm the least patient person in the world, hate things being out of my control :)

Yeah it was a pretty efficient turnaround from them and they did both my skills and employment. I submitted the application to them on 23rd March, but was asked to resend the English certificate on 31st March for them. So they only received all the documentation necessary to start the assessment at that point.

Either way, the 10-15 working days timeline on their website seems pretty accurate from my experience, so hopefully you should here back from them fairly soon :)

I hope you are right! it is ten working days for me today and the wait is driving me mad!!! Praying I get it by Friday. I cant wait another weekend haha. This visa malarkey plays war with your nerves. And it doesn't help that i'm the least patient person in the world, hate things being out of my control :)

Just wait for the 'waiting for an invite wait' or the 'waiting for a case officer wait' or the 'waiting for a grant email wait'

It's torture !!!

I got an email yesterday morning from CPA asking for the log in for PTA. I am expecting to be waiting another 2 weeks. I am not in a desperate hurry, although don't want to miss out all together. The day I have to tell my parents is looming closer :-(

Hahahaha I know! Its only going to get worse. Maybe I need some form on tranquiliser meds lol! Gotta laugh :) I'm preparing for a year wait for an invite, just want the EOI in

Just wait for the 'waiting for an invite wait' or the 'waiting for a case officer wait' or the 'waiting for a grant email wait'

It's torture !!!

I haven't heard anything from them at all so hoping they have everything as I should have heard before now? I did IELTS so maybe that's the difference. Hurry up CPA!

I got an email yesterday morning from CPA asking for the log in for PTA. I am expecting to be waiting another 2 weeks. I am not in a desperate hurry, although don't want to miss out all together. The day I have to tell my parents is looming closer :-(

Hi Penny, Did you get the CPA assessment back through the post or by email?

Hi Everyone,

Got my CPA assessment back today, it was positive and as suspected only post qual experience was counted so that gives me only 17 months so not enough for any points. So finally I have submitted my EOI with 60 points for 189

:( and 65 for 190 NSW. Soooo a v long wait for me I'm sure, if any chance at all! Settling in for a long wait. Good luck to everyone else applying! Julia

That's good news Juliah, great that your skills assessment went through ok! Out of interest, do you have a degree at all (does not need to be accounting or finance related), and if so did you submit that qualification to the CPA too? They did count a large part of my experience that was pre-CIMA qualification but post my university degree in Sports Science. Obviously the job itself would have to be relevant to Management Accountancy as well.

No Penny, no degree which is where I have came unstuck! Just a stupid HND Business and Finance. If I had done 1 more year of study to top it up it to a degree that would have made all the difference, but unfortunately 20 year old me was more interested in going to work in Crete for a year! Doh :) But hey, not to worry eh

Congratulations on getting it back. If you have 2 years of experience would that make a difference? Just thinking that if you haven't received your invitation in 7 months time, you could re-submit it with 2 years of experience.

Hi Everyone,

Got my CPA assessment back today, it was positive and as suspected only post qual experience was counted so that gives me only 17 months so not enough for any points. So finally I have submitted my EOI with 60 points for 189

:( and 65 for 190 NSW. Soooo a v long wait for me I'm sure, if any chance at all! Settling in for a long wait. Good luck to everyone else applying! Julia

I read somewhere that there may be changes to the points system this year. It was suggested, amongst other things, they will give more weighting to English ability so you might find you work your way up the queue.

I don't think there has been anything official from DIBP so we'll need to wait and see.....

Ah well that's gives me a little bit of hope for sure! As you say maybe it was just lucky timing as it seems to be harder and harder to get an invite now. But we shall see! Glad i'm not the only one :) Were you planning on going to Sydney anyway? I actually wanted to go to Perth but if it gets me a Visa ill go to NSW for the 2 yrs then think about the move over

Ah well that's gives me a little bit of hope for sure! As you say maybe it was just lucky timing as it seems to be harder and harder to get an invite now. But we shall see! Glad i'm not the only one :) Were you planning on going to Sydney anyway? I actually wanted to go to Perth but if it gets me a Visa ill go to NSW for the 2 yrs then think about the move over

We would have preferred Brisbane but willing to give NSW a chance. My only concern is the cost of living in Sydney (my wife is a stay at home mum so it's only my salary) and the lack of jobs elsewhere in the state.

Yeah costs seem high in Sydney, but im not sure how much higher than Perth is? We actually already had a rental lined up from a friend in Perth but will just have to see what happens I guess. Good luck with your adventure anyway! Any ideas when you are planning to travel?

Yeah costs seem high in Sydney, but im not sure how much higher than Perth is? We actually already had a rental lined up from a friend in Perth but will just have to see what happens I guess. Good luck with your adventure anyway! Any ideas when you are planning to travel?

Flights booked for 29th December !!

Thanks - hope you get some good news soon.....